The Omni Atlanta 77 new super 8 footage from ledzepfilm

What's the go with all this footage now coming out? This one is amazing. Shows how energetic they were. The '77 shows like this one must have blown everyone away.

13 hours ago, rm2551 said:

This one is amazing. Shows how energetic they were. The '77 shows like this one must have blown everyone away.

Agreed. I'm particularly impressed by Jimmy's enthusiasm during Rock and Roll, which is near the end of a three hour concert. He's still moving around like he did at the beginning of the show, which belies the notion that he wasn't in the best of health at this point in his career. I also wonder how much better the reputation of the '77 tour would be among hard-core fans if this concert was the one that we had a professional video from instead of Seattle. I know there would still be issues about the playing not being at the level of previous years, but I think the tour itself would be held in much higher regard.

1 hour ago, SteveZ98 said:

Agreed. I'm particularly impressed by Jimmy's enthusiasm during Rock and Roll, which is near the end of a three hour concert. He's still moving around like he did at the beginning of the show, which belies the notion that he wasn't in the best of health at this point in his career. I also wonder how much better the reputation of the '77 tour would be among hard-core fans if this concert was the one that we had a professional video from instead of Seattle. I know there would still be issues about the playing not being at the level of previous years, but I think the tour itself would be held in much higher regard.

Good points, Steve.

I have a few friends that attended this concert here in Atlanta. I saw the firm, P&P, etc. 

R😎🎸👍🎶

Once upon a time i.e. the late 80's/early 90s I viewed a 3 hour VHS video cassette of LZ live footage in date order. Of the 77 tour it contained 3 items: 

(1) Birmingham (that crowd hysteria!)

(2) One of the New York shows (very black but JP was visible because he was in white) and

(3) A montage of ALS.

I've no idea if that represented everything available at the time.

And now this latest offering.

This may be one of those question which takes a few seconds to ask but a lot of work for someone to answer but here goes:

Does anybody have a completed list of all the 77 footage now available? Perhaps a list of the 77 tour dates with a yes or no next to it? It seems to be fairly well covered now from start to finish.

26 minutes ago, galec said:

Does anybody have a completed list of all the 77 footage now available? Perhaps a list of the 77 tour dates with a yes or no next to it? It seems to be fairly well covered now from start to finish.

I can't give you a direct link to it, but the Royal Orleans web site has a page called "List of known circulating Led Zeppelin concert videos" that has the info you're looking for.

Edited by SteveZ98

Very cool.  Chicago excepted it seems that Page was in pretty decent shape in April that year.  Hard to tell from the awful audience recording, but my impression is that his playing here was very fluid by '77 standards.

SteveZ98 - many thanks for the swift and helpful reply. Exactly what I was looking for.

For anyone else interested, you need to google royal-orleans.com and select "what place to rest the search" and then select "list of known..." as SteveZ98 says.

It seems comprehensive and up to date and all in date order too.

Good googly moogly! We are so lucky right now! I wonder if this was the rate at which new footage was surfacing in the 80s and early 90s when VHS and DVD collections were starting to make the rounds. I didn't start collecting until late 90s but was anyone around that remembers whether those days were as prolific?