1980.07.07 Remastered Soundboard

14 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

This just sounds absolutely superb SteveZ98, the way you are able to bring different sounds out to the forefront is just amazing!

Thanks. It's the only show from the 1980 tour that I've been able to make any real difference to. With the rest, no matter what I do they all end up sounding like they did before I started. Not sure why that is. Thankfully this one worked out because it's a sentimental favorite and the version of Whole Lotta Love here is killer.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge shout out to Steve for all his hard work and generosity of spirit sharing it with us all. I am a huge fan of what he does. 

You have a great ear Steve my friend. Much respect and thanks to you. 

20 minutes ago, Ian Smith said:

Huge shout out to Steve for all his hard work and generosity of spirit sharing it with us all. I am a huge fan of what he does. 

You have a great ear Steve my friend. Much respect and thanks to you. 

Thanks. This was an interesting show to work on. As much as I knew it was the final public performance with Bonzo, it didn't hit me until I was halfway through the remaster that these are the last ever versions with him of Rock and Roll, Trampled Underfoot, Stairway To Heaven, and a bunch of other concert staples we've enjoyed for so long. Thankfully, the concert ends with a killer version of Whole Lotta Love, so the band goes out on a very high note.

On 6/3/2024 at 6:23 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks. This was an interesting show to work on. As much as I knew it was the final public performance with Bonzo, it didn't hit me until I was halfway through the remaster that these are the last ever versions with him of Rock and Roll, Trampled Underfoot, Stairway To Heaven, and a bunch of other concert staples we've enjoyed for so long. Thankfully, the concert ends with a killer version of Whole Lotta Love, so the band goes out on a very high note.

Never thought about that. Great, sad point. How blessed are we that we have these tapes and shows etc? And having you put more care into them 🖤

• 2 weeks later...