Whats up now?!

Well as we are rounding the end of january i have heard that Zep will be meeting to decide if they are going to tour or not. and that they will be letting us know by FEB.

My question is, is there anyone here media related that can give us any inside info meaning is there any due dates for their answer? and if so does anyone know where the band might want to start the tour? i mean they will probally do uk first but lets hope they can make it out to north america if not for a coupple shows at least one last time.

i just hate being left in the dark and with all these people talking about and for the band its hard to get the right details!!!

i wish they did a post concert interview with the whole band that my friend would be fulfilling!

And also how long should we wait to get an answer? Im betting theres tons of you out there who just want to storm into the room they are in and just beat it outta them! lol

Edited by Olipticle

Led Zep have always run on a diferent scale to anyone else. Ther's nothing for it but to sit and hope and wait for an official annoucement. With Plant's touring with AK there won't be any LZ activity until the end of the year but I think next year is much more likely. If it happens at all.

yeah thats what iv been thinking to, I mean it only makes sence because hes doing a uk tour with her and i mean its only fair.

lol but my question is... who will remember alison krauss after they do more shows :P the fact that hes with her now is only holding back Zep because you and i both know that if he wasnt doing anything at this time. it wouldnt have been a one off theres just to many reasons to gig!

yeah thats what iv been thinking to, I mean it only makes sence because hes doing a uk tour with her and i mean its only fair.

lol but my question is... who will remember alison krauss after they do more shows :P the fact that hes with her now is only holding back Zep because you and i both know that if he wasnt doing anything at this time. it wouldnt have been a one off theres just to many reasons to gig!

You mean the Alison Krauss with 20 Grammys and counting?

I read in RS I believe, a statement by JPJ saying Robert didn't sing much in rehearsal because he had AK promo shows and didn't want to blow his voice. This is after lowering most of the songs a whole step in key. The AK tour is the type of singing he seems most able to do night in night out, and I really question whether he is willing to risk 10 more good years for an 18 month blaze of glory with the Zeppelin, Led. I am hopeful for more one-offs and maybe some studio work. I am not hopeful that studio work will be great because of Walking into Clarksdale, and how Robert came up with the appropriate vocal gymnastics ON THE ROAD. Meaning, in a Zep context, new material would need road work to be truly successful. I haven't given up on Roo. However, if I were Zep, I would want to play for the wild hearts of rock in Boston and Brazil. They're really rockin in South America, aren't they!

i didnt mean she wasnt talented, but if they tour she will be shadowed, maybe not all over the world but more so by zep fans listening to her because shes singing with plant.

i agree with what you said thought rock im betting they will be shows in the major music hot spots just so that they play it safe. But man regardless even if they do 1 show a month or every coupple months it would put alot of worries minds to rest and would give them band one more ride on the pony expess.

I didnt want to say AK had no talent i think shes a great singer and thye album is beautiful. But will you go see a AK show with RP running around with ZEP?

i didnt mean she wasnt talented, but if they tour she will be shadowed, maybe not all over the world but more so by zep fans listening to her because shes singing with plant.

i agree with what you said thought rock im betting they will be shows in the major music hot spots just so that they play it safe. But man regardless even if they do 1 show a month or every coupple months it would put alot of worries minds to rest and would give them band one more ride on the pony expess.

I didnt want to say AK had no talent i think shes a great singer and thye album is beautiful. But will you go see a AK show with RP running around with ZEP?

Equally there will be Krauss fans listening to Plant for the first time because he's with her.

Works both ways doesn't it? It opens up new fanbases for both of the and what's wrong with that?

I have never thought that Alison is in the way of Zep cos his work with her preceded any reunion talk let alone concert or tour and Robert has long been reticent and reluctant to reform LZ and it was nothing to go with AK. I think some people are being unfair to her about this.

And to those who think/say Robert cam't tour with heavier use of his voice hasn't seen him live with Strange Sensation over the past few years.

Equally there will be Krauss fans listening to Plant for the first time because he's with her.

Works both ways doesn't it? It opens up new fanbases for both of the and what's wrong with that?

I have never thought that Alison is in the way of Zep cos his work with her preceded any reunion talk let alone concert or tour and Robert has long been reticent and reluctant to reform LZ and it was nothing to go with AK. I think some people are being unfair to her about this.

And to those who think/say Robert cam't tour with heavier use of his voice hasn't seen him live with Strange Sensation over the past few years.

You couldn't be more right, Paul.

To answer your question, yes....why not see both if you like both set of artists. However, Led Zeppelin tour isn't happening right now or in the immediate future but Alison Krause/Robert Plant tour is.

Absolutely! Well said. :D

I saw SS in 2005 on the Boston waterfront, besides being a generally great show it was memorable for having an unrelated fireworks display shot off on the river. Nice touch. I'm not saying he can't do the heavy singing for a tour (I don't think SS dropped the keys to any Zep tunes), but HE is in play it safe mode, and this according to JPJ.

I saw SS in 2005 on the Boston waterfront, besides being a generally great show it was memorable for having an unrelated fireworks display shot off on the river. Nice touch. I'm not saying he can't do the heavy singing for a tour (I don't think SS dropped the keys to any Zep tunes), but HE is in play it safe mode, and this according to JPJ.

I saw him in 2007 and I don't think he played it safe vocally at all. He sounded amazing and was hitting plenty of those notes.

I was at that show too.

B)

How many people attemped to get tickets to see Led Zeppelin At the 02 Dec.10,07 ? 1st report was 200+Million overloaded the website,several times? the last and final oneline report for number crunch of desired Led Zeppelin tickets were more in the ball park of A Billion . Alison Krauss is helping Robert Plant??? ha ha ha ah LOLOLO oh,that one is too funny. :hysterical:

How many people attemped to get tickets to see Led Zeppelin At the 02 Dec.10,07 ? 1st report was 200+Million overloaded the website,several times? the last and final oneline report for number crunch of desired Led Zeppelin tickets were more in the ball park of A Billion . Alison Krauss is helping Robert Plant??? ha ha ha ah LOLOLO oh,that one is too funny. :hysterical:

If anyone had actually said that, it might be funny.

I think if you actually read the posts in question, you'll see that the point was that they (and by "they" I mean Robert and Alison, not Zeppelin and Alison--Zeppelin aren't part of this equation) have two different audiences, who might be introduced to the music of the other. I will see Alison, which I wouldn't have otherwise, because of Robert. People will see him because of her. Everybody wins.

Ditto that.

AK is way more famous and popular than RP in many markets. And his vocal ability doesn't depend on how high he can sing.

who needs to READ what it says ?--- Robert has worked with countless woman musical artist over the years.This past summer he added different ones for a few different shows,Sandy Denny doesn`t have anything to do with it,but I`ll tell you what does--LOOK_UP:july 23, neptunelia,dolphin helps a god get his bride the mermaid, ........Rain ,Rain all over Somerset, then go read the Lyrics to:The Rain Song, .March5,1964....~~~~~*Robert Plant is more then just a vocalist*~~~~~~

Edited by lajoie

If anyone had actually said that, it might be funny.

I think if you actually read the posts in question, you'll see that the point was that they (and by "they" I mean Robert and Alison, not Zeppelin and Alison--Zeppelin aren't part of this equation) have two different audiences, who might be introduced to the music of the other. I will see Alison, which I wouldn't have otherwise, because of Robert. People will see him because of her. Everybody wins.

Well said Aqua! B)

my last post #20 was being edited during the time someone copied a statement that they didn`t understand since I was still in the process of writing ,so they put up a wtf sign with their copy??????

Edited by lajoie

my last post #20 was being edited during the time someone copy a statement that they didn`t understand ,so they put up a wtf sign with their copy??????

Well I read it as it stood before you edited so yes, that was what I was responding to. I just read your edited post and I stand with the same sentiment.

my last post #20 was being edited during the time someone copied a statement that they didn`t understand since I was still in the process of writing ,so they put up a wtf sign with their copy??????

If you post before you edit, of course people will respond to what's on the screen in front of them.

And it didn't make any more sense after the edit than it did before.