Oscar Nominations!

spats

List of 80th Annual Oscar Nominees

Jan 22 08:58 AM US/Eastern

By The Associated Press

Complete list of 80th annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday:

1. Best Picture: "Atonement," "Juno," "Michael Clayton," "No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood."

2. Actor: George Clooney, "Michael Clayton"; Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"; Johnny Depp, "Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street"; Tommy Lee Jones, "In the Valley of Elah"; Viggo Mortensen, "Eastern Promises."

3. Actress: Cate Blanchett, "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"; Julie Christie, "Away From Her"; Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"; Laura Linney, "The Savages"; Ellen Page, "Juno."

4. Supporting Actor: Casey Affleck, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"; Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"; Hal Holbrook, "Into the Wild"; Philip Seymour Hoffman, "Charlie Wilson's War"; Tom Wilkinson, "Michael Clayton."

5. Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, "I'm Not There"; Ruby Dee, "American Gangster"; Saoirse Ronan, "Atonement"; Amy Ryan, "Gone Baby Gone"; Tilda Swinton, "Michael Clayton."

6. Director: Julian Schnabel, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly"; Jason Reitman, "Juno"; Tony Gilroy, "Michael Clayton"; Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"; Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood."

7. Foreign Film: "Beaufort," Israel; "The Counterfeiters," Austria; "Katyn," Poland; "Mongol," Kazakhstan; "12," Russia.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Christopher Hampton, "Atonement"; Sarah Polley, "Away from Her"; Ronald Harwood, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly"; Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"; Paul Thomas Anderson, "There Will Be Blood."

9. Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, "Juno"; Nancy Oliver, "Lars and the Real Girl"; Tony Gilroy, "Michael Clayton"; Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava and Jim Capobianco, "Ratatouille"; Tamara Jenkins, "The Savages."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Persepolis"; "Ratatouille"; "Surf's Up."

11. Art Direction: "American Gangster," "Atonement," "The Golden Compass," "Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street," "There Will Be Blood."

12. Cinematography: "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," "Atonement," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," "No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood."

13. Sound Mixing: "The Bourne Ultimatum," "No Country for Old Men," "Ratatouille," "3:10 to Yuma," "Transformers."

14. Sound Editing: "The Bourne Ultimatum," "No Country for Old Men," "Ratatouille," "There Will Be Blood," "Transformers."

15. Original Score: "Atonement," Dario Marianelli; "The Kite Runner," Alberto Iglesias; "Michael Clayton," James Newton Howard; "Ratatouille," Michael Giacchino; "3:10 to Yuma," Marco Beltrami.

16. Original Song: "Falling Slowly" from "Once," Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova; "Happy Working Song" from "Enchanted," Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz; "Raise It Up" from "August Rush," Nominees to be determined; "So Close" from "Enchanted," Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz; "That's How You Know" from "Enchanted," Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz.

17. Costume: "Across the Universe," "Atonement," "Elizabeth: The Golden Age," "La Vie en Rose," "Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street."

18. Documentary Feature: "No End in Sight," "Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience," "Sicko," "Taxi to the Dark Side," "War/Dance."

19. Documentary (short subject): "Freeheld," "La Corona (The Crown)," "Salim Baba," "Sari's Mother."

20. Film Editing: "The Bourne Ultimatum," "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly," "Into the Wild," "No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood."

21. Makeup: "La Vie en Rose," "Norbit," "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

22. Animated Short Film: "I Met the Walrus," "Madame Tutli-Putli," "Meme Les Pigeons Vont au Paradis (Even Pigeons Go to Heaven)," "My Love (Moya Lyubov)," "Peter & the Wolf."

23. Live Action Short Film: "At Night," "Il Supplente (The Substitute)," "Le Mozart des Pickpockets (The Mozart of Pickpockets)," "Tanghi Argentini," "The Tonto Woman."

24. Visual Effects: "The Golden Compass," "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," "Transformers."

Guest housesoftheholy

I'm still up in arms about last year's Oscar awards, so this is a painful subject for me.

Mister Lawrence of Arabia/Becket/Stunt Man lost and it may have been his coup de grâce. :(

That being said, I wish Into the Wild could have been nominated under Best Adapted Screenplay.

I'm really excited that Depp got nominated because he's my favorite actor, but I still say the fact that he's never won an Oscar just shows how stupid these award shows really are. And I'm sure he won't win this time, either. I'd put good money on Daniel Day-Lewis and I haven't even seen his performance.

Personally I think Viggo should win, though. The whole time I was watching Eastern Promises I kept thinking about how much he deserved to win essentially every award for it.

Lets hope it gets boycotted and the actors support the writers, I believe that they get a raw deal when I heard on the radio the other day . They want what British writers get as they get a good deal so they said on radio anyway !!!

Ellen Page for best actress and Juno for best movie...maybe because it's the only one on the list I saw but oh well

i reallllly disliked juno...i am in shock that it got any nominations, and people are saying it will probably win some...i sure hope it doesnt

Haven't seen a single film listed.

:)

Me either. Most of them do look interesting, though - I especially want to see There Will Be Blood and Atonement, but I just haven't been able to get my arse to the theater lately. Plus my friends aren't much help; they're not really into "serious" films.

I've really only seen one movie on the list, "Ratatouille." I've seen bits and piece of "Transformers" and "Pirates..." and I read the book "Into the Wild," and want to see the movie...but sadly, I just haven't had time to watch movies much this year. :lol:

Why'd you dislike it? I thought it was great

i dont think ive ever seen a movie try so hard to be 'hip'. I almost walked out after the first 10 minutes. That conversation between Juno and her friend over the phone was painful, i was cringing the whole way though. And how does this girl get a best actress nomination? All she did was play sarcastic the whole way through, im no professional but i dont think that takes a whole lot of talent...

But ya, i dont know...maybe its just me cause it seems everyone else loved it....

...I just really thought it was over the top, honest to blog ( :mellow: )

Archived