Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

What song do you love that you are embarrased to admit ? When it comes on the radio in the car you sing it at the top of your lungs or hide the CD from your friends and only play it when you're alone. For me, too many come to mind, a tune or two from Air Supply ( I KNOW ! I KNOW !) or the Little River Band...but I'll have to pick two from Leo Sayer......" When I Need You" and for the runner up "More Than I Can Say". I'm really not ashamed to admit that I love these songs.....er...really. Your turn....

I actually love to sing along with "American Pie" by Don McClain. I sometimes feel embarrased because the song is kind of an anthem of the 60's. But for me there's alot of real truth in the words of the song.
No need to be embarrased ! That's why we're all in this thread ! No judgement....well, maybe if someone adds an Osmond Brothers Song........nah...not even then ! :lol:

David Cassidy's "I Think I Love You."

No, I'm not kidding.... :P

Hey Sug ! That's a good one ! my sister loved David Cassidy ! who was the other cat she dug ? BOBBY SHERMAN ! I started to worry when she replaced all her David and Bobby posters with Alice Cooper...... :unsure:

No need to be embarrased ! That's why we're all in this thread ! No judgement....well, maybe if someone adds an Osmond Brothers Song........nah...not even then ! :lol:

Wha?? You mean you don't like "Crazy Horses" or "Down By The Lazy River"?? :P

I don't guess now is the time to mention those Donny & Marie albums I have, is it?

Wha?? You mean you don't like "Crazy Horses" or "Down By The Lazy River"?? :P

I don't guess now is the time to mention those Donny & Marie albums I have, is it?

OH MAN ! Are you wearing your purple socks too ? Do you know, the Osmond Brothers was the first concert I went to ? TRUE ! My sister wanted to see them, so my Mom and Dad drug me along kickin' and screaming ....All I really remember is when the siren on the top of Donny's piano went off during a song and little girls SCREAMING ! ....it was around '71 or '72 , I was just a tike. :lol:

Take It On The Run -REO Speedwagon.

The lyrics are so cheesy but I can't help liking the damn thing. I also like Keep On Loving You so it's a double embarrassment. :blush:

Me too! I love Keep On Loving You the most out of the two. But I'm not ashamed to like them, cos they make me happy! :lol:

OH MAN ! Are you wearing your purple socks too ? Do you know, the Osmond Brothers was the first concert I went to ? TRUE ! My sister wanted to see them, so my Mom and Dad drug me along kickin' and screaming ....All I really remember is when the siren on the top of Donny's piano went off during a song and little girls SCREAMING ! ....it was around '71 or '72 , I was just a tike. :lol:

Awww...baby Bilbo kicking and screaming? Cute!

:P

Now, let's talk about Rick Springfield. :o

Hall & Oates were a hit machine!

She's Gone #7

Sara Smile #4

Rich Girl #1

Your Kiss Is On My List #1

You Make My Dreams Come True #5

Private Eyes #1

I Can't Go For That #1

Did it in a Minute #9

Maneater #1

One on One #7

Family Man #8

Say It Isn't So #2

Out of Touch #1

Method of Modern Love #2

Six number ones, eight more singles in the top ten, how are these guys not freaking huge on the concert circuit?

Now I remember why . . . . everyone thinks they're cheesy but me. :ph34r:

I hope I don't ended up getting kicked off a Led Zeppelin board for admitting this but, when we're on a road trip, much to my husband's chagrin, I deliberately look for the local "Golden Oldies" or "Good Time Rock and Roll" radio station. I like to sing along with what I call "American Bandstand" music. My favorite guilty pleasures are the 60's girl group songs: - The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?, - The Chiffons - One Fine Day, He's So Fine, etc. :bagoverhead:

Now, let's talk about Rick Springfield. :o

Omg, my first concert after I left home was Rick Springfield. I was 18. Many years later, my taste in music has changed. If he had a concert today down the street, I would stay home, put in earplugs. He is still good looking though. So, I might peep out the window. :D

Archived