Hot Pics of Robert

Aquamarine

Oops, guess I need to brush up on my English ales as well as my English geography. :D

So do I, jeez--I'll tell you what just happened here! I was thinking about the fact that I spent a good part of my college years drinking Newcastle Brown, in Liverpool in the NORTHWEST, which is where I automatically associate the stuff with. Of course, you were quite right to say it's made in Newcastle in the Northeast. Sorry, songbird! Sorry, Knebby!

*crawls into hole*

So do I, jeez--I'll tell you what just happened here! I was thinking about the fact that I spent a good part of my college years drinking Newcastle Brown, in Liverpool in the NORTHWEST, which is where I automatically associate the stuff with. Of course, you were quite right to say it's made in Newcastle in the Northeast. Sorry, songbird! Sorry, Knebby!

*crawls into hole*

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :angry:

JK - at least you corrected yourself! xxxxxxx

(and sadly it isn't made in Newcastle anymore - tho it certainly was back then)

Edited by Knebby

Hey Knebby, just wanna ask something since you're already here.

I think this is your scan as well?

Tiswas23.jpg

Yeah it is - it was from "Sounds" I think, anyway it was him on Tiswas. :)

Hi there! :wave:

Thanks. So it's from 1978 then?

I don't know why, this is definitely Robert but there is something "un-plant-ish" about this photo. The vibe is very different from most of his other pictures.

Thanks. So it's from 1978 then?

I don't know why, this is definitely Robert but there is something "un-plant-ish" about this photo. The vibe is very different from most of his other pictures.

Yeah it is 1978 - one of his only public appearances. I think most of 1978 was very un-Plant-ish - he was trying hard not to be the person he had been before Karac's death - he has spoken about that as I'm sure you know. He also seems to lack confidence in this pic - his posture and his expression. Very poignant.

Yeah it is 1978 - one of his only public appearances. I think most of 1978 was very un-Plant-ish - he was trying hard not to be the person he had been before Karac's death - he has spoken about that as I'm sure you know. He also seems to lack confidence in this pic - his posture and his expression. Very poignant.

Yes I know, and I see what you are saying. The sparkle of confidence and passion is missing there (instead a kind of quiet sadness), and I can understand why, though it did come back at the Knebworth gigs.

I've seen that photo many times and on some level thought about the fact something was "different" but I never put it in the context of when it was taken. You are right, there is a lack of confidence and sadness in his eyes. It's very poignant indeed.

His hair, too, just looks--a mess. He just doesn't look like the world-conquering rock star with his hands on his hips and his chest thrown out, the way we knew him. (Edited to add--kinda touching that one of his few appearances was on a children's show, too. Although all the adults I knew used to watch it too!)

:thanku: Your forgiveness is indeed a relief, as I was without a Plan C. :D

Edited by Aquamarine

:lol::lol: poor Robert, nobody understand him... :lol::lol:

My reply was something like... "What, he's just playing football in his underwear. Don't you ever do that?"

I realize it must be a speedo, or something, though. But not like it matters. :drool::D :D

Edited by songbird

My reply was something like... "What, he's just playing football in his underwear. Don't you ever do that?"

I realize it must be a speedo, or something, though. But not like it matters. :drool::D :D

I don't care if he is wearing a quilt...the man was dynamic looking:-)