Jimmy the oatmeal spokesman?

So last night my roommate and I went on a late night tampon and Ben & Jerry's run (don't judge). I saw the Rolling Stone with Johnny Depp on the cover and decided to buy it. A couple pages in, they had responses to the last issue where the guys were on the cover. Some fan said this:

"I can see why Robert Plant and John Paul Jones made the cover. But what's the deal with the Quaker Oats guy?"

I thought it was funny, but I'm easily amused and on a Ben & Jerry's high. Sorry if someone has already posted this haha.

Hell, back when I bought Led Zep III in 1970 I thought Jimmy looked like a young Quaker Oats guy!! :hysterical:

Glad I'm not the only one who made that bizarre connection.

Dude when did you take that PICTURE THEN ? 1972? You've either got a time machine or you were buying albums at age 2... ROFL

Y'know, I was just looking at that picture and I realized the big wooden thing behind me was my dad's hi-fi! He was an old school "audiophile". A 1964 30watt Fisher tube amplifier drove that thing!! God how good my first vinyl Zeppelin albums sounded through that thing when I was just a speck!! It would cost a small fortune to get that sound today! CD and MP3 listeners have no idea what warmth and ambience such a setup could deliver. I could literally feel the cold London winter when listening to the first album! It's memories like that that remind one how fortunate they were to grow up when they did.

So last night my roommate and I went on a late night tampon and Ben & Jerry's run (don't judge). I saw the Rolling Stone with Johnny Depp on the cover and decided to buy it. A couple pages in, they had responses to the last issue where the guys were on the cover. Some fan said this:

"I can see why Robert Plant and John Paul Jones made the cover. But what's the deal with the Quaker Oats guy?"

I thought it was funny, but I'm easily amused and on a Ben & Jerry's high. Sorry if someone has already posted this haha.

You were my favorite new poster before for a variety of other reasons. This sealed the deal! Marry me! :lol:

You were my favorite new poster before for a variety of other reasons. This sealed the deal! Marry me! :lol:

Aw, thanks. Nothing makes a girl feel better than a marriage proposal haha. :D

Since we're all talking about 1972, the world wouldn't be graced with my presence for another 14 years. Poor thing.

OK---would one of you guys who would be good at doctoring photographs give that Quaker Oats guy a cigarette and a Les Paul? Please re-post asap.

:):):):):)

:lol: Ok, actually I do have to laugh at that. :ph34r:

(omg he does have a scarf on as well) :lol:

OK---would one of you guys who would be good at doctoring photographs give that Quaker Oats guy a cigarette and a Les Paul? Please re-post asap.

:):):):):)

Alright, I tried. This is the result of being really bored watching Top Gun... and five minutes on paint. I give you the Jimmy Oats Guy. :P

jimmyoatsguy.jpg

It's horrible haha.

Archived