Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Since I work in the computer field, I'll comment on this. This is a typical response from a "user" who does not want to use new functionality provided to them. They just want to do things the same old clumsy way. C'mon ninelives, if you are smart enough to COPY the youtube link, then you can use the insert link functionality. That is unless you are typing every character of the link.

BTW, what does this mean "I'm not on a PC"?

Hey, dickhead, just because she's having problems with it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to use the new way of doing things. It just means that she's having trouble with it, not that she's "afraid" of trying new things. And honestly, man, it isn't like insert links are the most important and amazing inventions to ever hit the internet. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, man.

Really? Is this current fight I'm seeing for real?

Please tell me y'all are going to laugh and post "oh, we were just joking! We're not really lame enough to be fighting over how to post a link. Honestly. It was all just a planned joke!"

This site has seen its immense share of lame and stupid fights, but I think this one takes the cake. Who the hell cares? Seriously? Just post your links and get on with it.

Don't we have enough problems in the world not to be fighting over how somebody posts their links on a freakin' forum?

ONE PERSON is making this an issue, Nathan. Everybody else WAS posting their links and getting on with it.

ONE PERSON is making this an issue, Nathan. Everybody else WAS posting their links and getting on with it.

Oh I'm quite aware of that. Just because I didn't name any names and made it general doesn't mean my post wasn't directed at someone specific. I just think it's stupid to even bother giving JT the time of day over it. I'd say ignore his posts. Don't respond.

Oh I'm quite aware of that. Just because I didn't name any names and made it general doesn't mean my post wasn't directed at someone specific. I just think it's stupid to even bother giving JT the time of day over it. I'd say ignore his posts. Don't respond.

:yesnod:

Hey, dickhead, just because she's having problems with it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to use the new way of doing things. It just means that she's having trouble with it, not that she's "afraid" of trying new things. And honestly, man, it isn't like insert links are the most important and amazing inventions to ever hit the internet. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, man.

:lol::thumbsup:

Sometimes I don't think you can totally ignore another member being insulted, or a group of people, as was happening on another thread--silence equals complicity, unfortunately. And then the behavior proliferates.

But we've given the dickhead his 15 minutes of discussion, so let's move on to another peeve. :D

Okay...

Here's a pet peeve: I called my doctor's office today to make an appointment to see them. I am not feeling well, so I kind of need to get in soon. They NEVER called me back! What the hell? :slapface:

Or fasting before an appointment that isn't scheduled til the afternoon :blink::(

^yup. I had an appt. at 4:15 one day. I met with a group of girls that I went to high school with prior to this 4:15 appt., and the hostess had chocolate fondue, vanilla wafers, and apples! Of course, I ate some of them.

Then on my way to the doctor, I remembered that they were taking my blood to test my blood sugar. D'oh!

:slapface:

Here's a pet peeve: I called my doctor's office today to make an appointment to see them. I am not feeling well, so I kind of need to get in soon. They NEVER called me back! What the hell? :slapface:

Hell, you should have just went in. They'd HAVE to see you then.

:huh:

I didn't. I HATE sitting in the waiting rooms. Especially if there are other people sitting around hoping to get in, too. If I'm going to sit around doing nothing, waiting until the doctor can see me and I feel like shit, I'd much rather be at home, where I can lay on the couch or in bed. :rolleyes:

In my experience, if you just "show up" you have to wait for what seems like hours to get in. I hate that, and being sick compounds it.

If you're not feeling well, they need to keep a few appointments open--I'm talking general family medicine--these guys are usually REALLY good at getting me in when I'm sick. They just decided that I wasn't that important today...which is funny, because they would have made more money off me than the average Joe coming in--they KNEW I don't have insurance. No insurance means cash up front. No insurance also means no agreed upon fees for patients.

You know how Vernon (in the movie) makes such rude remarks about the Bender's life? Mr Scott (my teacher) does the same thing. He makes mean remarks if you don't understand things too.

I had a photography teacher in community college that was like that. There were 2 'Goth' type girls in the class and he was a total ass to them. I couldn't understand it because they weren't bad students. His name was Gropelli and my welding teacher called him 'Geppetto'

:D

^It's kind of like the little old ladies who wait until their entire grocery order is rang up, then they spend about 20 minutes writing their checks. Then they write their checks like they're in a penmanship contest--they will rip up a check if they've mis-formed a letter! Grrr!

(I used to work in a grocery store, I earned the right to complain.)

This happened to me last night at Safeway. An old lady waits til all is totalled up and breaks out the check book. She even had to ask what the date was. She was old so I didn't say anything. :D

I've had old ladies ask me what YEAR it is. Though it is annoying that they aren't ready, you've got to admit, not knowing the month or the year is kind of sad. I felt bad for them.

When you can't remember the year, then.....

My friend's step-mom just passed away at age 95.

I didn't. I HATE sitting in the waiting rooms. Especially if there are other people sitting around hoping to get in, too. If I'm going to sit around doing nothing, waiting until the doctor can see me and I feel like shit, I'd much rather be at home, where I can lay on the couch or in bed. :rolleyes:

In my experience, if you just "show up" you have to wait for what seems like hours to get in. I hate that, and being sick compounds it.

If you're not feeling well, they need to keep a few appointments open--I'm talking general family medicine--these guys are usually REALLY good at getting me in when I'm sick. They just decided that I wasn't that important today...which is funny, because they would have made more money off me than the average Joe coming in--they KNEW I don't have insurance. No insurance means cash up front. No insurance also means no agreed upon fees for patients.

Hi Mandy,

Don't mean to be nosey but isn't your boyfriend in the military?

You guys need to get hitched :D

If you have a child the costs can be pretty hefty, especially if there are any complications :o

Best wishes to you. :)

The today show this morning with the octuplet mom arguing with her mother. i dont know what to say, should this really be on tv.

then there was another segment, -how to be happy and get what you want in todays economy.

hey newscaster, could you please shut the hell up. had to change the channel.

Hi Mandy,

Don't mean to be nosey but isn't your boyfriend in the military?

You guys need to get hitched :D

If you have a child the costs can be pretty hefty, especially if there are any complications :o

Best wishes to you. :)

Yes, he's in the Air Force.

LOL Why don't you tell him that you think we should get hitched! After 8 years, I'm beginning to think it will never happen. ;) If I were to be pregnant, he can file to cover my medical expenses even if we're not married because the child is his dependent. (but I think it would only cover me while I'm PG)

Once I get a job teaching, I'll have great benefits. Teachers usually do.

The today show this morning with the octuplet mom arguing with her mother. i dont know what to say, should this really be on tv.

It's like Jerry Springer without Jerry, eh?

My pet peeve came from this afternoon: I'm driving home from school on the interstate, and the guy in front of me is driving about 45 MPH in a 75 MPH zone, and he keeps veering to the left, then veering to the right.

I pass him, (to get away), and he's putting on his seatbelt, though he'd been on the interstate for a few miles at least, and he's texting!

Stupid asses shouldn't be allowed to drive at all. Seriously. If the speed limit's 75, you can bet your butt that there are people going over 80 MPH no problem, which means you NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD, NOT TO TEXTING!

Yes, he's in the Air Force.

LOL Why don't you tell him that you think we should get hitched! After 8 years, I'm beginning to think it will never happen. ;) If I were to be pregnant, he can file to cover my medical expenses even if we're not married because the child is his dependent. (but I think it would only cover me while I'm PG)

Once I get a job teaching, I'll have great benefits. Teachers usually do.

I dated my wife for 8 years then we were married for 20 more, it'll have been 21 when the divorce is final :unsure::slapface::blink::rolleyes:<_< lol

Archived