Pet Peeves

Hotplant

People who think they need to save papers like power bills from 1986.

If you're not expected to keep your taxes for longer than 7 years, why the hell would you keep utility bills?

I read in some financial articles that if you've got an account that's billed monthly--like credit cards, phone bills, etc. you don't have to keep the statements from month to month--just keep them until you see that your payment's been posted from the previous month.

After using our libraries high speed computers, tonight I'm using a friends laptop with dial-up and a finger mouse pad that doesn't work too slick. I feel like I've gone back to the stone-age and am learning to walk upright again. :blink:

I hate how this f-ing board is set up--you try to create a post, and it sometimes it's impossible to post--I don't like how the urls don't show up---how if you hit control copy a picture shows up, and you can't see the html on the posts anymore.

I just tried to start a topic, but because the format of the posting on the board is all screwy, I decided to say "fuck it" and NOT start it.

I just tried to start a topic, but because the format of the posting on the board is all screwy, I decided to say "fuck it" and NOT start it.

I jusr started one with no problems. But this finger mouse drives me nuts.

:mellow:

I have an optical mouse that I bought--long after I got used to the finger mouse.

I use it on our desktop sometimes too because my boyfriend insists on using this STUPID "gimble mouse" that has a track ball you use to move the mouse. I can cramp up my hand when I'm trying to read things on the internet or work on certain programs--it's archaic and it doesn't have a scroll button, and it's much too large for my hands. :thumbdown:

41FTH6V4PVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have an optical mouse that I bought--long after I got used to the finger mouse.

I use it on our desktop sometimes too because my boyfriend insists on using this STUPID "gimble mouse" that has a track ball you use to move the mouse. I can cramp up my hand when I'm trying to read things on the internet or work on certain programs--it's archaic and it doesn't have a scroll button, and it's much too large for my hands. :thumbdown:

41FTH6V4PVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

My friend here has one too (Logitech) but a different model with receiver. But it's on the fritz. :blink:

^SEE!

You said it was "when you were really little!" It's ancient! I wish it would "accidentally" break. :lol:

I got a bit irritated a few minutes ago--there is a news story on the local newspaper's website that is about a 8% tuition hike at the school I attended--Boise State University. The tuition hike is outrageous because this fall, they had a 13% hike--in less than 10 years, the tuition has increased 110%.

Anyway--I commented on how it was kind of a crock, then I read the rest of the comments (this is hours after I commented on it). Anyway, several people said that the school is a joke, which it is not--and that it lacks "rigor." It's as rigorous as any state university--IMO it's one of the best in the state. Someone also said that professors were "teaching elementary school" and were "overpaid." Riiighht. College profs really don't make that much money--especially considering the amount of education they have to have in order to be qualified for such a job.

It really pisses me off when people who REALLY don't know what they're talking about spout off about how much teachers are paid. Pluuuuleeze.

If I get a job this fall--as a first-year teacher with a bachelor's degree + 30 credits, I will be paid $30K. I made more than that working at Albertson's when I was IN college--and I'll tell you what, though the hours sucked, it was a LOT easier to do my job well at the grocery store. :rolleyes:

Teachers with their master's degree make about the same their first five years--less than $40K and they have a MASTER'S DEGREE.

In Idaho, I know for a fact that most professors don't make much more than K-12 teachers--unless they've got major tenure and a TON of experience. But remember, these people have PhDs and have probably spent more than $150K on their education that was required to get there.

Not to mention that teaching IS NOT an easy job. Not easy at all. (Right--those hours, 7-3; September-May or June? Most teachers take classes that they have to pay for during the summer in order to keep their teaching certificate; most use the summers to plan their next school year...)

Uggh.

People are so f-ing stupid.

Here's my response to the idiots on the Idahostateman.com:

First off, most of the teachers at BSU have a PhD. These profs aren't "elementary school teachers," they've all been very knowledgeable in their content areas and good teachers. I honestly haven't had issues with the profs there being helpful, great teachers, or highly qualified.

Not only are these teachers not paid gobs of money, you have to think about how much education they have in order to teach. Most teachers--even in universities--have more education that MDs. Though the average classroom teacher (other than professors) may not have a PhD, many of them have a master's degree and credits on TOP of that.

Saying that Boise State's academic rigor is substandard is just simply untrue. No, it's not an Ivy League school, but it's a high-quality institution where teachers and other employees work hard to ensure that students get an education. I had a choice to go to every college I applied to get into, including academnic scholarships--I chose BSU.

I don't hate it but I think it is sad when a post about a certain person gets pushed to the next page (because everyone is over it) and then that said person writes 3 posts in one day on the post alone just to bump it up the board so it is always there on the first page!!

sad self obsession?

When I was in high school, we had a substitute teacher, Mr. Parks. He had only one arm. His other arm was a stump that ended just above his elbow. He would walk the aisles in the classroom and check peoples work and lay his stump on people's shoulders or neck. When I knew he was teaching, I would find a seat in the left corner so that I wouldn't get the stump. I'm not sure if he did it on purpose. He was always nice to me.

:D

Our school nemesis was Mr. Hanson. He had no qualms about booting you in the ass. :lol:

You know how Vernon (in the movie) makes such rude remarks about the Bender's life? Mr Scott (my teacher) does the same thing. He makes mean remarks if you don't understand things too.

i changed the oil and filter on my car the other day and my pet peeve is getting the front tires up on the ramps exactly. one tire was a third off, put safety and when i took the old filter off, safety was in the way and got stuck, oil all over parents driveway...thankfully there was speedy dry.

I'm sick & tired of constantly cleaning our house of spider webs!! :angry: Not the type of webs you see on bushes outdoors but those fuzzy, trailing kind that go up & down all over the walls. I get a room all cleaned and they are back within a week. And the weird part is I hardly ever see the spiders so where do these things come from?

I'm sick & tired of constantly cleaning our house of spider webs!! :angry: Not the type of webs you see on bushes outdoors but those fuzzy, trailing kind that go up & down all over the walls. I get a room all cleaned and they are back within a week. And the weird part is I hardly ever see the spiders so where do these things come from?

Are they not just "dust webs" ?

Speaking of dust and crap, my vacuum isn't working too well tonight. I tried to move the furniture and vacuum under it (our house is super dusty, and I have allergies), and it stopped working. I cleared a blockage, but it isn't working.

Bah, I don't want to buy a new vacuum.

Archived