Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I realize other guys have been rejected although i don't know if they have been as much as me. But i am responding to her because she is a female and females don't know a lot about rejection from men.

Have you ever asked a guy out and got rejected?

Spats, I'm 21 years old. I will be 22 this year on May 22. I have dated 2 women my entire life (the second one being the best woman I have ever known, and the only reason we're no longer dating is because she lives in England now; but we still talk constantly after almost 4 years of Atlantic Ocean separation). I have been rejected by so many women that sometimes I think the only reason I still ask them out is because I'm a glutton for embarrassment.

And guess what? I'll be 22 this May, and I'm still a fucking virgin! I have had one fucking blow job, and that's it!

I promise you, with God as my witness, that I am uglier then you and more insecure then you could imagine. I suck in social situations, being a master of the "uncomfortable silence." I have so many personal issues with myself that when I was 13 I camethisclose to committing suicide 5 times, four times saved by an interruption, and the last time saved by worry about how badly I'd hurt my family. I have ZERO self-confidence.

I hate (American) beer with a passion and don't drink it, but you'd think so looking at me. I'm 6'1", 200 pounds, and very little of that is muscle. I don't look 21. I'm so ashamed of my body I won't even go swimming because I can't stand the idea of taking my shirt off in public, despite the fact that there are heavier people with dirtier skin going to nude beaches! I look like I'm 16 and just going through puberty now. I have a dirty face and have yet to grow a real beard or mustache.

Do you see me on here with my own thread moaning and complaining? Do you see me fishing for attention and responses on a online forum from people who's faces I have never even seen in person?

You are pathetic. You don't know shit about insecurity, or being rejected, or personal issues. You are here simply for attention and nothing more. You're problem is perceived. Mine is legitimate. I am clinically depressed, Spats. Unfortunately, I'm not depressed enough for the medication, but I am depressed enough to be affected by it more then you know.

So stop it. Please just fucking stop it. Always remember that there is someone in the world with more problems then you. And guess what? You've met him. His name is Nathan. And you know something else, Spats? There is someone... no... many people... in this world with way more problems then me. There are people in this world who make my issues seem like nothing.

You think you're the only one? You think you've been rejected the most? Wise up. The world does not revolve around you. It is not all about you. Get over your problems and move the fuck on. If I can get over my problems and move the fuck on, then so can you.

Life is short. I don't let my personal view of myself, 5 suicide attempts, more rejections then I can count, and being the utter definition of an outcast back in grade school get in my way. So what the hell is so hard for you?

Perspective, Spats. That's what you need. Perspective.

Very well put Nathan. You should work out, get a shave and keep the faith. Being a virgin is not anything to be ashamed of. Believe me, dont make the mistake of just jumping in the sack with a woman that is easy. You may wind up paying child support for 21 yrs and regret it. It isnt worth it. spat's whining is more of entertainment here than anything else I believe. Some really are getting a kick out of his dating life. There is someone out there for everyone. Your ship will come in someday Nathan.

I appreciate the support. I do work out but I have the slowest metabolism in the world. I don't let that stop me, though. But I can be lazy. I do admit that a perfect day for me would be just spread out on the couch with junk food and watch an all-day Daily Show/Colbert Report marathon, followed by as many Led Zeppelin DVDs as my eyes could stand. And if I can share that with other, it'd be really cool. I'd be in Heaven, believe me...

Oh and don't worry. I won't be jumping in the sack with an easy woman. Actually, that's a major turn-off for me, especially since I'm a fan of having at least one date before sleeping together and I prefer those who play hard-to-get.

And yeah, I get that spats is entertaining people, but I think it's a pretty sad statement on the current state of Led Zeppelin that people on their official forum are getting entertainment out of a rather selfish, pathetic boy (I don't care how old you are, spats, but you act like a selfish, pathetic boy). I do hope that the boys aren't members here because then I'd wonder if what keeps Plant off of a reunion isn't his want to do other things, but his reading some of the crap on this forum (no offense to anyone, but...).

Doctors and PE teachers.

we had to run 25 pacers in PE. The teacher forced it, and you run to a cd. You don't get a break, and the first time you missed you get a B, twice C, third D and forth F. Afterwards, my throat swelled up, my lungs tightened and I quit breathing. It happened that night when I was at home. My parents had to take me to the ER, and the doctor that I was wasn't great. He said I had a cold air spasm. Which makes so much sense because I was in a house when it happened that the heat was up to 70. Then he wasn't going to write me a note for PE. He didn't write a note so I could take an inhaler to school because he said I wouldn't need it. Then the next day it happened again, and I was at school. So while I wasn't breathing the school had to contact a bunch of people to find someone who could get me to get me home for my inhaler. The PE teacher is also the PE coach and thinks he is God. I heard him say yesterday, "Those kids are like slaves, and I run them hard." He also told a larger kid that if it made it any easier he'd line twinkies up for the kid to chase. Not everyone can run the same speed, and that much. It isn't fair.

Arrrgh!!!! I'm convinced that freakin' PE teachers suffer from sociopathic tendencies. I think they were/are wannabe athletes who weren't good enough for professional sports so are stuck teaching. As far as the twinkie comment, that PE teacher could get sued for saying that. That's considered abusive.

What a dick.

Oh, and find another doctor, too. That one apparently isn't qualified to even practice veterinary medicine, let alone, treat humans. :angry:

Spats, I'm 21 years old. I will be 22 this year on May 22. I have dated 2 women my entire life (the second one being the best woman I have ever known, and the only reason we're no longer dating is because she lives in England now; but we still talk constantly after almost 4 years of Atlantic Ocean separation). I have been rejected by so many women that sometimes I think the only reason I still ask them out is because I'm a glutton for embarrassment.

And guess what? I'll be 22 this May, and I'm still a fucking virgin! I have had one fucking blow job, and that's it!

I promise you, with God as my witness, that I am uglier then you and more insecure then you could imagine. I suck in social situations, being a master of the "uncomfortable silence." I have so many personal issues with myself that when I was 13 I camethisclose to committing suicide 5 times, four times saved by an interruption, and the last time saved by worry about how badly I'd hurt my family. I have ZERO self-confidence.

I hate (American) beer with a passion and don't drink it, but you'd think so looking at me. I'm 6'1", 200 pounds, and very little of that is muscle. I don't look 21. I'm so ashamed of my body I won't even go swimming because I can't stand the idea of taking my shirt off in public, despite the fact that there are heavier people with dirtier skin going to nude beaches! I look like I'm 16 and just going through puberty now. I have a dirty face and have yet to grow a real beard or mustache.

Do you see me on here with my own thread moaning and complaining? Do you see me fishing for attention and responses on a online forum from people who's faces I have never even seen in person?

You are pathetic. You don't know shit about insecurity, or being rejected, or personal issues. You are here simply for attention and nothing more. You're problem is perceived. Mine is legitimate. I am clinically depressed, Spats. Unfortunately, I'm not depressed enough for the medication, but I am depressed enough to be affected by it more then you know.

So stop it. Please just fucking stop it. Always remember that there is someone in the world with more problems then you. And guess what? You've met him. His name is Nathan. And you know something else, Spats? There is someone... no... many people... in this world with way more problems then me. There are people in this world who make my issues seem like nothing.

You think you're the only one? You think you've been rejected the most? Wise up. The world does not revolve around you. It is not all about you. Get over your problems and move the fuck on. If I can get over my problems and move the fuck on, then so can you.

Life is short. I don't let my personal view of myself, 5 suicide attempts, more rejections then I can count, and being the utter definition of an outcast back in grade school get in my way. So what the hell is so hard for you?

Perspective, Spats. That's what you need. Perspective.

Sorry to hear about your problems Nathan. Things will get better. get a tan, workout. You are only 21 years old. When i was a teen i only had one legit girlfriend and she wasn't even the best woman i have ever known so at your age you have already topped me.

I am Just venting my dating problems. I can't really talk about them the same with with my everyday friends. They are sort of biased and they can't really relate to my problems because they are successful at dating.

I sure doubt they visit the site. Ill bet they have popped in at some point in the past, just out of curiosity. But Im sure they are too busy too waste their time here. I try to stay off the Spats thread. He has enough that are hooked on it. The dating game is certainly an entertaining topic. My advice, lay off the junk food and turn to celery and carrots and drink green tea. Stay away from pop and limit your intake of starch. When you think you are ready, try one of the online dating sites.

Hate carrots. Not the biggest fan of celery, but when I heard (and it's probably an urban legend, but it's still cool...) that you actually burn calories when you eat celery, I acquired a taste for it and now one of my favorite snacks is celery with peanut butter. I also always have celery along with other veggies as a side with every dinner.

I love green tea. Only problem? My favorite is AriZona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey... good thing I know how to make that at home without the high-fructose corn syrup. Though it's without the Ginseng, too...

$20.00 for 1-oz of Ginseng extract? Are they fucking kidding?!?

Unfortunately I'm addicted to pop, but I've gotten myself off the dark sodas (coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, etc). Now I have to ween myself off Mt. Dew (and it's many incarnations as well as competitors) and eventually off Sprite and 7-Up.

Starch (and pop) is the hardest to get off of, especially with my hatred of wheat/whole grain breads (cardboard flavor and that damn consistency! Does the bread have to have those damn hard granules of... whatever... in it? Does it?) and baked chips (worst idea ever).

I am afraid of the online dating sites, actually. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them. Plus, I don't have time. I'm focusing on my music career right now, slowly building the business plan for my record label, practicing my guitar, writing music, and getting a band together to perform and record.

And believe me... the business degree will take up all of your time with freakin' Accounting alone (talk about educational suicide... Accounting has actually become a major pet peeve of mine, lately, to get this thread back on topic, lol...).

Get a TAN?

Seriously? What the FUCK?

You're a fucking idiot, spats.

I'm not going to allow myself to say anymore.

(I've got about a year without saying anything to him...ugh!)

he said he's pale white didn't he? Well everybody looks better when they have a tan. I always look much better when i do. if it's not warm where he lives then there are tanning salons he could go to. I know people who have done that.

Hate carrots. Not the biggest fan of celery, but when I heard (and it's probably an urban legend, but it's still cool...) that you actually burn calories when you eat celery, I acquired a taste for it and now one of my favorite snacks is celery with peanut butter. I also always have celery along with other veggies as a side with every dinner.

I love green tea. Only problem? My favorite is AriZona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey... good thing I know how to make that at home without the high-fructose corn syrup. Though it's without the Ginseng, too...

$20.00 for 1-oz of Ginseng extract? Are they fucking kidding?!?

Unfortunately I'm addicted to pop, but I've gotten myself off the dark sodas (coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, etc). Now I have to ween myself off Mt. Dew (and it's many incarnations as well as competitors) and eventually off Sprite and 7-Up.

Starch (and pop) is the hardest to get off of, especially with my hatred of wheat/whole grain breads (cardboard flavor and that damn consistency! Does the bread have to have those damn hard granules of... whatever... in it? Does it?) and baked chips (worst idea ever).

I am afraid of the online dating sites, actually. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them. Plus, I don't have time. I'm focusing on my music career right now, slowly building the business plan for my record label, practicing my guitar, writing music, and getting a band together to perform and record.

And believe me... the business degree will take up all of your time with freakin' Accounting alone (talk about educational suicide... Accounting has actually become a major pet peeve of mine, lately, to get this thread back on topic, lol...).

be careful with the dating sites because you don't really know who you are talking to on there.

Definately try and get off of soft drinks. I have cut back somewhat and I do notice a bit of a difference And of course they aren't good for your teeth either.

^no, everyone does not look better with a tan. Actually, a tan is quite repulsive if it's a fake one. We don't want Nathan looking like a guy from the Hot Chicks With Douchebags website.

That's true. You have a point. :lol::lol:

Today I took my dog for a walk and he rolls in duck shit and stinks to high heaven. I know have to try to give him a bath outside, which is cold, hold my nose and scrub him at the same time. Does anyone know how to stop this gross behavior? Any help would be appreciated. My other pure breed dog does not do this. I have no idea if that makes a difference or not. I rescued the shit rolling dog. :slapface:

^no, everyone does not look better with a tan. Actually, a tan is quite repulsive if it's a fake one. We don't want Nathan looking like a guy from the Hot Chicks With Douchebags website.

Whaaaaat? Whatever do you mean?

DB9109-790478.jpg

he said he's pale white didn't he? Well everybody looks better when they have a tan. I always look much better when i do. if it's not warm where he lives then there are tanning salons he could go to. I know people who have done that.

I did? Hang on...

No. And actually, I'm not pale. I tend to burn in the sun. And in the summer, Georgia (USA) is a great place to tan, unless you burn easily, in which case, don't go out at all...

But you missed my entire point. My point was that you complain about your issues with dating, and you don't seem to see that you don't have even an eighth of the problems other people have. Your life is normal compared to mine or to others who have more problems then I do, and even people with less problems.

I will concede to you that a straight-forward woman is a wonderful thing, but there's a very fine line between "straight-forward" and "easy," and there are women out there who don't seem to know where that line is, which is why, personally, I prefer the women who play hard-to-get because I love smart women with quick-witted, fiery personalities who aren't easy.

And look at the responses to you from the women on this board (most of them). Look at ninelives and manderlyh and marolyn... do you think the way they feel about you is their fault? And that's just from your posts. No one here (that I know of... could be wrong, but...) has ever met you in person.

We have never even seen you because you refuse to show yourself in pictures, something else I scoff at, because despite how I feel about myself, I have posted pictures of myself online (here, at my facebook, at my myspace, and elsewhere). Granted, they are carefully chosen to show the best possible version of me, but they are never "touched up" (I believe that if it can't look good the way it already is, it isn't worth touching up just to post when you can waste less time just by finding a better picture, which we all have... even you). So if I can post a natural pic of myself, you sure as hell can.

I don't hate you. From the posts you make that don't involve you moaning about some dating issue, you actually seem like a really cool guy. And I agree that you have issues. But you're issues are easy to work out. Between the two of us, I'm the one who should be complaining. I'm the one who has the right to complain. But I don't (normally... :D) because I know that these people on this forum aren't here for that, and it'd be incredibly selfish of me to constantly burden them with stuff they don't want to read over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over...

You get the picture.

Think about it, spats. Please. Try and get my point and really think long and hard on it.

I did? Hang on...

No. And actually, I'm not pale. I tend to burn in the sun. And in the summer, Georgia (USA) is a great place to tan, unless you burn easily, in which case, don't go out at all...

But you missed my entire point. My point was that you complain about your issues with dating, and you don't seem to see that you don't have even an eighth of the problems other people have. Your life is normal compared to mine or to others who have more problems then I do, and even people with less problems.

I will concede to you that a straight-forward woman is a wonderful thing, but there's a very fine line between "straight-forward" and "easy," and there are women out there who don't seem to know where that line is, which is why, personally, I prefer the women who play hard-to-get because I love smart women with quick-witted, fiery personalities who aren't easy.

And look at the responses to you from the women on this board (most of them). Look at ninelives and manderlyh and marolyn... do you think the way they feel about you is their fault? And that's just from your posts. No one here (that I know of... could be wrong, but...) has ever met you in person.

We have never even seen you because you refuse to show yourself in pictures, something else I scoff at, because despite how I feel about myself, I have posted pictures of myself online (here, at my facebook, at my myspace, and elsewhere). Granted, they are carefully chosen to show the best possible version of me, but they are never "touched up" (I believe that if it can't look good the way it already is, it isn't worth touching up just to post when you can waste less time just by finding a better picture, which we all have... even you). So if I can post a natural pic of myself, you sure as hell can.

I don't hate you. From the posts you make that don't involve you moaning about some dating issue, you actually seem like a really cool guy. And I agree that you have issues. But you're issues are easy to work out. Between the two of us, I'm the one who should be complaining. I'm the one who has the right to complain. But I don't (normally... :D) because I know that these people on this forum aren't here for that, and it'd be incredibly selfish of me to constantly burden them with stuff they don't want to read over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over...

You get the picture.

Think about it, spats. Please. Try and get my point and really think long and hard on it.

You have to walk in another person's shoes to realize how bad they got it. I would not call my life normal. Most of my friends are dating and getting women so i am not normal. They are normal i think. I am the minority in that group. And people don't have to read about my dating problems if they don't want. They are not being forced or burdened. If i don't like a thread i don't look at. I think everyone is like that.

And i think i have seen your pic. I don't think anyone here would describe you as ugly.

I am with you. I like straighforward women they are the best. But straighforward women don't play hard to get or make you chase them. They say what they want and go after it.

You have to walk in another person's shoes to realize how bad they got it. I would not call my life normal. Most of my friends are dating and getting women so i am not normal. They are normal i think. I am the minority in that group. And people don't have to read about my dating problems if they don't want. They are not being forced or burdened. If i don't like a thread i don't look at. I think everyone is like that.

Well obviously. But why even post the stuff?

And i think i have seen your pic. I don't think anyone here would describe you as ugly.

I appreciate that. But it's as much how you see yourself as how others see you.

Give it a shot, spats. There's a possibility you could be pleasantly surprised by the response to one of your pics. Just pick a good one.

And remember... the pics I post are carefully chosen to show me in the best possible way. There a lot of pics of me that I am quite ashamed of that I will never show anyone. So if you do see one of those pics, it's not because I posted it.

I am with you. I like straighforward women they are the best. But straighforward women don't play hard to get or make you chase them. They say what they want and go after it.

Like I said. There's a fine line between straightforward and easy, and some women don't know that.

And when I say "hard-to-get," I don't mean "make you chase them." I mean they don't "put out," so to speak. They don't go to a bar in a low-cut top and way-too-short skirt with no panties on looking for a guy. If they are at a bar, it's probably in jeans and a t-shirt and they're there just to drink with friends. They may be willing to accept a date invitation when they get to the bar or, if they see a guy they like but the guy doesn't see them, they'll walk up to that guy and at least learn his name, if nothing else. But they don't put out, and they aren't there to catch a horny fish, as it were... that's what I mean by "hard-to-get." You'll just have to "warm her up" a bit... do some work to get a response.

Well obviously. But why even post the stuff?

I appreciate that. But it's as much how you see yourself as how others see you.

Give it a shot, spats. There's a possibility you could be pleasantly surprised by the response to one of your pics. Just pick a good one.

And remember... the pics I post are carefully chosen to show me in the best possible way. There a lot of pics of me that I am quite ashamed of that I will never show anyone. So if you do see one of those pics, it's not because I posted it.

Like I said. There's a fine line between straightforward and easy, and some women don't know that.

And when I say "hard-to-get," I don't mean "make you chase them." I mean they don't "put out," so to speak. They don't go to a bar in a low-cut top and way-too-short skirt with no panties on looking for a guy. If they are at a bar, it's probably in jeans and a t-shirt and they're there just to drink with friends. They may be willing to accept a date invitation when they get to the bar or, if they see a guy they like but the guy doesn't see them, they'll walk up to that guy and at least learn his name, if nothing else. But they don't put out, and they aren't there to catch a horny fish, as it were... that's what I mean by "hard-to-get." You'll just have to "warm her up" a bit... do some work to get a response.

I don't like easy women either. I would never have a one night stand or anything. I just like women who are assertive and let you know they are interested. I find if i don't know whether they are interested or not that i can't do anything. Too much uncertainty. I don't think it's too much to ask for a woman to let you know she is interested and thinks you are good looking. Guys tell women they are good looking all the time. Women have it easier. They can pretty much tell right away if a dude is interested.It's damn near impossible to tell if a woman is.

Today I took my dog for a walk and he rolls in duck shit and stinks to high heaven. I know have to try to give him a bath outside, which is cold, hold my nose and scrub him at the same time. Does anyone know how to stop this gross behavior? Any help would be appreciated. My other pure breed dog does not do this. I have no idea if that makes a difference or not. I rescued the shit rolling dog. :slapface:

Our dog eats the duck and goose shit, so don't feel so bad. At least you could put a doggie jacket over him?

^^the only thing you can do is keep the dog on leash. if the dog is running free and finds those smells, then they sometimes roll in it. my dog rolled in something really bad once, dont know what it was, but the smell was unbearable. i gave the dog two washings and had to put baby powder on him when he dried cause the smell was so bad.

my pet peeve of the day is selfish drivers, i mean selfish beyond belief... i cannot believe how this person floated in front of other cars and cut folks off to park on this busy street today. total disregard for everyone.

Arrrgh!!!! I'm convinced that freakin' PE teachers suffer from sociopathic tendencies. I think they were/are wannabe athletes who weren't good enough for professional sports so are stuck teaching. As far as the twinkie comment, that PE teacher could get sued for saying that. That's considered abusive.

reminded me of a woody allen quote from one of his films (can't remember which one)...

"those who can, teach....those who can't, teach gym."....freakin' hilarious!!!

If you had a experienced what i have experienced you would know where i am coming from. But you are a female and do not go through what guys who have approached women have gone through.

Right....

I am a girl.

I did the approaching in the past.

I got rejected more than once.

However, I did it again.

I succeeded.

So, I'm looking forward the next interesting argument you produce. :rolleyes:

Archived