Pet Peeves

Hotplant

When half your work calls in sick all week for one reason or another, and you end up having to do triple the work. Then on top of that the computer systems go down for 2 out of the 5 days, and for some reason only your computer doesn't work when it's back up.

:wall:

Thank goodness tomorrow's Friday. I need a drink!

i think i'm boring my dog, he's just looking at me and yet that is boring me as well. its all day now and its a weekend, used to hang out at the dog run but my dog just got an acl operation, so its a three month recovery. it definately is making the winter go longer and blah er.

When people want to be something you're not or want you to do something when your heart isn't really into it. You wanna speak up and be honest but don't want to jeopardize anything, yet I am filled with guilt. I think I worry to much, that's the whole problem. :angry::o<_<

When people want to be something you're not or want you to do something when your heart isn't really into it. You wanna speak up and be honest but don't want to jeopardize anything, yet I am filled with guilt. I think I worry to much, that's the whole problem. :angry::o<_<

I hear you on that. I think as difficult as it is, ultimately you have to stay true to yourself :)

This is not a pet peeve, but just a rant!

My car got stuck in our driveway today. :(

We had 12 - 14 inches of snow this week!

It took me 2 hours to dig the car out! Then I could only go backwards, so I had to go back into the garage.

I had to pay a guy with a snow plow $40 to plow the driveway. Not a bad price, considering I would be housebound until the snow melted without his help. He didn't get to my house until 7PM. He said he made alot of money today!

My husband left the house at 6AM, before the wind picked up and caused the immense snow drifts. He wouldn't have been able to come home with the driveway snowed in. We live out in the country and have a long driveway. He got home right after the guy plowed.

The snow is beautiful, but I am getting sick of it. The wind chill was 10 degrees F today. :freezing:

This is not a pet peeve, but just a rant!

My car got stuck in our driveway today. :(

We had 12 - 14 inches of snow this week!

It took me 2 hours to dig the car out! Then I could only go backwards, so I had to go back into the garage.

I had to pay a guy with a snow plow $40 to plow the driveway. Not a bad price, considering I would be housebound until the snow melted without his help. He didn't get to my house until 7PM. He said he made alot of money today!

My husband left the house at 6AM, before the wind picked up and caused the immense snow drifts. He wouldn't have been able to come home with the driveway snowed in. We live out in the country and have a long driveway. He got home right after the guy plowed.

The snow is beautiful, but I am getting sick of it. The wind chill was 10 degrees F today. :freezing:

Hey DOC!

A couple of suggestions if I may?

Suggestion #1

Suggestion #2 :D

Hey DOC!

A couple of suggestions if I may?

Suggestion #1

Suggestion #2 :D

I would if I could! :lol:

I just came home from taking my sons out to dinner (I haven't seen them since January 4th) and the snow was drifting on the highway so bad that I thought that I would be stuck again! It was a white-knuckle drive for sure. My husband called me on my cell phone every 5 minutes to make sure that I wasn't in a ditch. I did see several cars in the ditch and they weren't going to be able to get out without a tow truck.

I would if I could! :lol:

I just came home from taking my sons out to dinner (I haven't seen them since January 4th) and the snow was drifting on the highway so bad that I thought that I would be stuck again! It was a white-knuckle drive for sure. My husband called me on my cell phone every 5 minutes to make sure that I wasn't in a ditch. I did see several cars in the ditch and they weren't going to be able to get out without a tow truck.

I know it must be miserable up north right now. :freezing:

With this economy everyone is pretty much stuck where they are. :rolleyes:

I know it must be miserable up north right now. :freezing:

With this economy everyone is pretty much stuck where they are. :rolleyes:

Its not the money. I could never leave my practice that I built from scratch. My oldest son is studying to be an Optometrist, and until he graduates (it takes 8 yrs of college and he is in his third year) and takes over for me :lol: I can't move. My husband's job would be a little more flexible as he is a Hospitalist and could work at any hospital.

We are thinking about taking a cruise in a couple of weeks, provided I can find someone to take care of our dog.

Edited to say that I just got the "stuck" joke! :lol::lol::lol:

Tommy's Pet Peeve #2

The Coriolis Effect. The last thing I need to see is the apparent deflection of a moving object when I'm viewing it from a rotating reference...

Silly pseudo-forces and their dumb tendency to vanish in the inertial frame. <_<

Archived