Plant's Voice Shot?

Ezzy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...ticle501608.ece

I think it's a good idea, better to go lower than miss a note. But the "heated discussions" don't sound good for a possible 2008 tour!

Never believe a report which begins with, "A source revealed". If it was a genuine source they would be named. If someone who was truly close enough to Zeppelin to know about, "a few heated discussions," why would they run off to the Sun to reveal all? Wouldn't you keep your yap shut? If this report is true, don't you think Page/Plant/Jones would work out pretty quickly where it came from and get rid of the 'source'.

Use your brains people, not everything written in the tabloids is true.

Robert's post Zeppelin voice has often sounded embarrasing, more so that he would use that annoying shrieking voice, with passion. A total different sound. But, I have heard him sing well on some occasions, and with the Strange Sensation, its when he tried to over-exagerate that shrill Plant post Zep sound, that makes us think he cant sing. But he can, its a choice, ive heard him do it..i agree that its safer to sing low then miss a note.

Never believe a report which begins with, "A source revealed". If it was a genuine source they would be named. If someone who was truly close enough to Zeppelin to know about, "a few heated discussions," why would they run off to the Sun to reveal all? Wouldn't you keep your yap shut? If this report is true, don't you think Page/Plant/Jones would work out pretty quickly where it came from and get rid of the 'source'.

Especially if the Sun is reporting.

True enough. Why are there mutiple threads on whether the songs have been transposed to another key? I guess in my mind, why is it a major issue? It's not uncommon for musicians to do that for a variety of reasons. I have seen Robert live not so long ago and his voice is in amazing shape. I don't know why people are worried he can't sing or Jimmy can't play. If they felt they weren't up to task, I don't think they'd be doing this show.

Rant over...

Robert's post Zeppelin voice has often sounded embarrasing, more so that he would use that annoying shrieking voice, with passion. A total different sound. But, I have heard him sing well on some occasions, and with the Strange Sensation, its when he tried to over-exagerate that shrill Plant post Zep sound, that makes us think he cant sing. But he can, its a choice, ive heard him do it..i agree that its safer to sing low then miss a note.

:rolleyes:

This means absolutely nothing.

If you were from the UK you'd realise it counts for a lot. The Sun has a long-standing reputation for not exactly being the most accurate newspaper when it comes to speculative reporting. If the report had appeared in something like The Times or The Independent it would have a LOT more gravitas.

If you were from the UK you'd realise it counts for a lot. The Sun has a long-standing reputation for not exactly being the most accurate newspaper when it comes to speculative reporting. If the report had appeared in something like The Times or The Independent it would have a LOT more gravitas.

Well if you're from the UK I'll take your word on it, but I've heard the exact opposite about the Sun many times from many reliable people. My impression was they were the UK version of the National Enquirer.

Well if you're from the UK I'll take your word on it, but I've heard the exact opposite about the Sun many times from many reliable people. My impression was they were the UK version of the National Enquirer.

In some respects it is, because it focuses heavily on the rather vacuous celebrity and gossip stories. But when it comes to news, for example, their most famous headline referred to an English comedian, "Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster". That gives you a good example of the level they tend to work at. Turned out he didn't really eat a hamster either. :blink:

But would still be wrong

A non issue really, -plant can sing anything he wants to, its not gonna be plant/ 69 for 02 for anyone expecting it, but the effects of the songs will be the same. He's got the most -live show experience, than page/jones/jason bonham as well.

Isn't the point of the concert to benefit the Ahmet Ertegun fund???

And IF the conjecture that there will be performance issues is true (AND I DO NOT AGREE THAT THERE WILL BE PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS)...

Shouldn't he and the Band be praised for performing foremostly for the sake of the benefit???

These guys are great human beings - period.

YOU ROCK, ROBERT!!!

A non issue really, -plant can sing anything he wants to, its not gonna be plant/ 69 for 02 for anyone expecting it, but the effects of the songs will be the same. He's got the most -live show experience, than page/jones/jason bonham as well.

I think there might be moments of youth for him. On Raising Sand there were some songs where Plant didn't sound days older than 25 (Fortune Teller for example).

I think there might be moments of youth for him. On Raising Sand there were some songs where Plant didn't sound days older than 25 (Fortune Teller for example).

The studio has a way of making vox sound great, even bands in their prime often speed up the vox a bit to make the vocalist sound "younger". The slight pitch change from the speed does that. The Beatles used that trick quite a bit from what I've read.

Anyway, I think RP did his best singing post Zep, I'm sure I'm in the minority there. If he ever did any shrieking it was while he was in Zep, especially in the early days. No doubt the power of his voice was impressive but there have been many times I wished he would have stuck to the lyrics live instead of injecting the songs with "ooh baby" or what ever. I often think that during Immigrant Song, just when you think the end of the verse is going to finish perfectly with "we are your overlords" RJ screeches out "baby baby overlawwaaahhhaah" or what ever. Sometimes it was just too much, if he avoids that the show will be a huge success :).

Archived