2008 Grammys

dalsh327

John Paul Jones is handling the orchestra for the Foo Fighters. Robert Plant's up for a Grammy. Does anyone think that Page and lil' Bonham might be in town and they're keeping this under wraps?

I would be so bold to say as there is no way that'll happen. Zepp dont roll that way - TV performance?!? Pah.

Robert Plant prefers to be proud of what he does; perhaps that is why he evades the Grammys.

More recently, some of artists who made excellent albums in the past year were either ignored (Kings of Leon, The National, Nick Lowe, hip-hop visionary Pharoahe Monch, Mali's Tinariwen and San Diego's Pinback) or relegated to minor categories (Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Bjork, LCD Soundsystem and National City-bred music maverick Tom Waits).

No way, baby – awards show is out-of-touch, embarrassing

Robert Plant prefers to be proud of what he does; perhaps that is why he evades the Grammys.
That article is hillarous-- the big winner"The Chipmunk Song " is the beginings of the History of this pianted gold "Crap" it is befitting for the grammy queen herself,as she both looks & sounds exactly like a Chipmunk!- No,Robert Plant in general Never liked any of the music bizz awards .All pretentious Fakery,he doesn`t find the fashion show end of it either to be relevent.He has commented on these types of programs in various interviews in the past, I personally have always held a conuring view .This year they keep stressing how the grammys help record sales-----Led Zeppelin never got the awards,they did however never have problems in letting their Music sell itself!

The Grammys Live Charity Auction held yesterday looks more interesting than the show to me. Here's the site with the winning bids:

http://www.auctionnetworklive.com/servlet/SelectAuction.do?auctionId=3&path=/servlet/List.do

A couple of LZ items on the second page.

You do not have to be into the pomp & circumstance in order to be charitable--As we all are aware the guys from Led Zeppelin have always given out charitably in so many ,many different ways to so many different causes over all these years !

No,Robert Plant in general Never liked any of the music bizz awards .All pretentious Fakery,he doesn`t find the fashion show end of it either to be relevent.He has commented on these types of programs in various interviews in the past, I personally have always held a conuring view .This year they keep stressing how the grammys help record sales-----Led Zeppelin never got the awards,they did however never have problems in letting their Music sell itself!

Led Zeppelin have been mavericks and difficult for the industry to manipulate, thanks to Peter Grant and Jimmy Page.

I'm just an old man waiting to retire and collect social security. I've tried watching the Grammys in recent years, but my eyes glaze over, my jaws drop and I just stare in disbelief. By 8:30 p.m. I am ready for my warm milk and bed time stories. It usually take me about 3 hours to fall asleep, my mind consumed with various depressing thoughts.

You do not have to be into the pomp & circumstance in order to be charitable--As we all are aware the guys from Led Zeppelin have always given out charitably in so many ,many different ways to so many different causes over all these years !

That's right. I still found the auction items quite interesting if only because I was surprised at the relatively low price some of them went for.....heck, some were actually within my reach. IF I placed any value on autographed items, that is.....which I don't. But maybe other folks do and that's cool. B)

I'm just an old man waiting to retire and collect social security. I've tried watching the Grammys in recent years, but my eyes glaze over, my jaws drop and I just stare in disbelief. By 8:30 p.m. I am ready for my warm milk and bed time stories. It usually take me about 3 hours to fall asleep, my mind consumed with various depressing thoughts.

Hi Jethro:

How are ya today? I can't drink warm milk ...gives me gas...

Anyhow...I saw our beloved John Paul conducting an orchestra...and yes the sound was a bit mushed...I do find it heart warming to see so many young people playing brass or string instruments...keeping that art form alive gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling...and if there were woodwind players there...kudos to you...

I would make one suggestion that Dave Grohl get a hair-cut...His band will be in London Canada next month and I'm sure we would all like to see his lovely face and smile..

It was nice to see Tina Turner...so what if she's 68..she still could have worn a mini-skirt like Beyonce..instead of that tin foil number....

I was watching a US morning show and they were talking about the fashions.The interviewer picked three men (Jay-Z, Ludacris, and John Legend) and commented on their classic black suits...nothing flashy.....Well fellow Zep fans...John Paul had a classy black suit on to ...so he should have been included with that group ...HE LOOKED HOT!!!!!!

I think Nelly Furtado, Feist, Rihanna looked great...as did all the other performers..

Juliet

PS Where was Paul McCartney?

PSS I wish I could say I saw the whole show but I missed Amy's performance...past my bedtime...have to be asleep by 11 or I turn into Ophelia!!!!!!

Archived