The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Great game, that was...already looking forward to tomorrow

Home and home with Carolina, an old adversary. I am surprised they have looked so bad. I had them picked to be a top two in that weak southern division. We should be able to beat them. We want to get off to as good a start as possible. We know Lindy will play Jhonas Enroth in one of these games. My guess is tomorrow at home? But I could be wrong. He may let Miller play them all? He will have Sat off before the Washington game so Miller could play them all? What do you think? So far Miller has looked like Miller

Zach Kassian scored the winner in the SO for the Canucks last night by the way

Home and home with Carolina, an old adversary. I am surprised they have looked so bad. I had them picked to be a top two in that weak southern division. We should be able to beat them. We want to get off to as good a start as possible. We know Lindy will play Jhonas Enroth in one of these games. My guess is tomorrow at home? But I could be wrong. He may let Miller play them all? He will have Sat off before the Washington game so Miller could play them all? What do you think? So far Miller has looked like Miller

Zach Kassian scored the winner in the SO for the Canucks last night by the way

It was good to get the win but we were up 2-0 at one point and let the Flames back into it.

Rick, I honestly think it's a little too early to determine who the weaker clubs are. I have to think that Lindy will continue to ride the wave with Miller until he feels he needs a rest.

It was good to get the win but we were up 2-0 at one point and let the Flames back into it.

Rick, I honestly think it's a little too early to determine who the weaker clubs are. I have to think that Lindy will continue to ride the wave with Miller until he feels he needs a rest.

I am just surprised Carolina got beat badly in both games by Florida and Tampa. Florida puts no fear in my heart. Bring them on. Cam Ward always drives me nuts. He is the big worry when you play them. I know we are better than them. Miller keeps playing well, we keep winning. Rangers at a desperate Flyers team tonight. I would expect the Flyers to win that one? the Kings not only have the Stanley Cup hangover, one wonders how they ever won. I watched them play the other night and they were horrendous. They are now looking to make a trade and I am hearing the backup goalie. I guess they have lost two defensemen. Buffalo is loaded with defensemen, but we do not need a backup goalie. Vancouver cannot get Kesler back soon enough. He is a force. He is your Vanek.

I fear the Leafs have lost Lupol for the season with a broken fore arm. I do feel bad for this organization that is the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns combined in some ways. Great fans and no damn luck.

I am just surprised Carolina got beat badly in both games by Florida and Tampa. Florida puts no fear in my heart. Bring them on. Cam Ward always drives me nuts. He is the big worry when you play them. I know we are better than them. Miller keeps playing well, we keep winning. Rangers at a desperate Flyers team tonight. I would expect the Flyers to win that one? the Kings not only have the Stanley Cup hangover, one wonders how they ever won. I watched them play the other night and they were horrendous. They are now looking to make a trade and I am hearing the backup goalie. I guess they have lost two defensemen. Buffalo is loaded with defensemen, but we do not need a backup goalie. Vancouver cannot get Kesler back soon enough. He is a force. He is your Vanek.

Well if you remember back to last season, there were many teams who expressed an interest in the Kings back up Bernier and I think the Kings could easily fetch a hefty return for him. Let's remember to that this could also be a ploy just to scupper or limit what the Canucks get in return for Luongo.

Lindy has already said Jhonas plays tonight, Ryan tomorrow...and as for the kings, "one wonders how they ever won"... I agree they have the hangover, but they won with the most dominant playoff performance in NHL history...

Gerbe is back, hopefully he injects offense into the ott, grigs line. grigs has played well enough defensively to stay up, I want to see what he can do on offense now. Maybe he sees some power play time.

Lindy has already said Jhonas plays tonight, Ryan tomorrow...and as for the kings, "one wonders how they ever won"... I agree they have the hangover, but they won with the most dominant playoff performance in NHL history...

Gerbe is back, hopefully he injects offense into the ott, grigs line. grigs has played well enough defensively to stay up, I want to see what he can do on offense now. Maybe he sees some power play time.

Thanks for the tip on Enroth but to say the Kings playoff performance was the most dominant in playoff history is laughable. Young man you were not on this Earth when the likes of Gretsky's Oilers or the Islanders of Brian Trottier and Mike Bossy played and the mighty Montreal dynasty teams with Lafleur and Beleveau and Richard. Please. Its an insult to say that. That Kings team rode a hot goalie and for lack of a better term, got lucky. They are not as good as a healthy Vancouver team. No damn way. They have no chance of a repeat and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Thanks for the tip on Enroth but to say the Kings playoff performance was the most dominant in playoff history is laughable. Young man you were not on this Earth when the likes of Gretsky's Oilers or the Islanders of Brian Trottier and Mike Bossy played and the mighty Montreal dynasty teams with Lafleur and Beleveau and Richard. Please. Its an insult to say that. That Kings team rode a hot goalie and for lack of a better term, got lucky. They are not as good as a healthy Vancouver team. No damn way. They have no chance of a repeat and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Have to disagree with you there Rick. If you look at the teams they had to beat to get to the finals, I think we have to say that if not the most dominating performance, then cetainly one of...ever. and they capped it off by rolling over a very good Jersey team in the finals.They are strong in every position and in Sutter, I think they have one of the best coaches in hockey at the moment. They'll definiyely make the playoffs and like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I expect them to be in the final four for the conference championship.

Have to disagree with you there Rick. If you look at the teams they had to beat to get to the finals, I think we have to say that if not the most dominating performance, then cetainly one of...ever. and they capped it off by rolling over a very good Jersey team in the finals.They are strong in every position and in Sutter, I think they have one of the best coaches in hockey at the moment. They'll definiyely make the playoffs and like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I expect them to be in the final four for the conference championship.

Not a chance. But your opinion is your opinion. Final four in West, St Louis is a lock. San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver. There it is. Sleepers are Dallas and Minnesota.

Now ARcane, do you know what happened to Gragnani?????

Not a chance. But your opinion is your opinion. Final four in West, St Louis is a lock. San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver. There it is. Sleepers are Dallas and Minnesota.

Take out Vancouver because unless we make a diamond of a trade, I honestly don't think we'll make it past the 2nd round.

I agree....

1987- Edmonton won the title in 18 games.(unreal team(s) -Stanley Cups-1983,84,86,87,89

2011 Kings- won it in 20 games-Lets see if they can repeat. Great performance but if I had to choose a team to guarantee me a Cup, it would not be last years LA team (But I did love cheering for them)

I agree....

1987- Edmonton won the title in 18 games.(unreal team(s) -Stanley Cups-1983,84,86,87,89

2011 Kings- won it in 20 games-Lets see if they can repeat. Great performance but if I had to choose a team to guarantee me a Cup, it would not be LA

Unlike today with the way the league has a certain amount of parity, the 87 Oilers were miles ahead of any of the clubs they faced. Country miles at that :D . I'm not saying the Kings will repeat ,( when was the last time in recent memory that a club has) but they certainly are among the leagues elite and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did.

He is on the minor league team of Carolina, I believe.

To add to this, the only team to ever start every series 3-0. That is ridiculous, I don't think we will ever see a playoff run like that again. I know a few Oilers/Islanders/Wings/Canadiens runs have been better, but with the level of competition in the NHL nowadays compared to then I don't think it is hard to say that it was historic.

Yeah, I probably should have said *recent history, in that post

Unlike today with the way the league has a certain amount of parity, the 87 Oilers were miles ahead of any of the clubs they faced. Country miles at that :D . I'm not saying the Kings will repeat ,( when was the last time in recent memory that a club has) but they certainly are among the leagues elite and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they did.

Ally, please. Please. Do you remember the NY Islanders? Were they chopped liver? Was Montreal ever easy to beat back then? :wall:

^^^They've been able to keep their team together Ally, and with this shortened season, yeah, who knows. Daughty has to raise his game and I think he will. Dean Lombardi was on the Fan here in T/O and he said this is the first year Daughty has reported to camp in shape lol......They have all the pieces and a good coach and GM.....we'll see....How about my Buds beating the Penguins last night. I bet a lot of folks didn;t see that one coming but we lost Lupal for 6 months...shite...cheers

^^^They've been able to keep their team together Ally, and with this shortened season, yeah, who knows. Daughty has to raise his game and I think he will. Dean Lombardi was on the Fan here in T/O and he said this is the first year Daughty has reported to camp in shape lol......They have all the pieces and a good coach and GM.....we'll see....How about my Buds beating the Penguins last night. I bet a lot of folks didn;t see that one coming but we lost Lupal for 6 months...shite...cheers

Yeah, Lupal will be a huge loss for you guy's but I watched the game last night and the Leafs win was no fluke.Thought they dominated in patches and got a great performance out of Reimer in goal

Yeah, Lupal will be a huge loss for you guy's but I watched the game last night and the Leafs win was no fluke.Thought they dominated in patches and got a great performance out of Reimer in goal

Do you see a cup in our future lol....

Do you see a cup in our future lol....

I'll tell ya what, the players seem to have finally bought into Carlise's system and even though that doesn't necessarilly mean they get to the dance, It's been quite a few years since I've seen a Leafs team play with that much confidence.

^^^ well said, I guess anything is possible.....Hockey Central at noon coming on soon....cheers ally...we'll chat again

Yeah, I'm going to catch it too . Cheers to U2 :)

Rick, we'll have to watch out because with the shortened schedule I don't know if Toronto has enough time to fully collapse out of a playoff spot... :P

I dont mind if they get in as long as its not at our expense. Even Boston must worry without Thomas. i am picking montreal to win tonight vs Wash, the Sharks to hammer Phoenix without Smith and having the rest to boot and even with Jhonas we should beat Carolina. But he must be on. I heard he played well overseas. I want to see Vanek continue to roll and Cody to be a big part. We know pommer will be there. Myers is off to a better start too. Erhoff will get his game going too. I am not sold on Florida. So the teams I believe that will make it, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Philly (even with bad start), Tampa, Boston (but no lock and no division title), Ottawa (dont know how they do it). The last spot is a dogfight. Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Carolina. One of those three. I say Florida does not get in. I lean towards Winnipeg to get in.

West St louis (lock), Chicago, Vancouver, Minnesota, San Jose, Dallas, Nashville and Anaheim. Gee, who is missing? Detroit and LA

ps I like Vancouvers one analyst. He is picking Vancouver to win the division but says Minny and Edmonton also make the playoffs!!!!

Enroth has a 0.49 GAA and .986 Save percentage in his career against Carolina, including that huge win in 2011 to pretty much secure a playoff spot and knock them out, when he made that sick helmet-less save...

Enroth has a 0.49 GAA and .986 Save percentage in his career against Carolina, including that huge win in 2011 to pretty much secure a playoff spot and knock them out, when he made that sick helmet-less save...

Wasnt that the game Grags scored in OT? It sent a former member here, a big Canes fan packing. Rorer. Where the hell are you dude? My boys are comin to town. Led by

bth_Scan7_zpsccc6edd2.jpg

and

bth_Vanekupperdeckauto0910_zps1cc6a429.jpg

Archived