The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hi Yukon:

I think the team should be based out of London, Ontario..the London Knights (OHL) get a great crowd...

It would mean that I would have to forget about supporting The Leafs....so be it!!!!! A change will do me good....

Juliet :coffee:

The Caps signed A Knight -- John Carlson. He is expected to be NHL ready. Let me know if you have any thoughts on him.

^ Sorry I didn't write what I meant which was that going to Hamilton would be cheaper, just as going to Buffalo is now for Leafs fans. It would be cheaper for Sabres fans to see their team play in Hamilton as opposed to in Toronto, too. And that's a good thing. Toronto's the big beast that would need to look both ways now. More competition is better for the smaller market teams.

The people who post on this thread should be running the league Pat. I think between us, we could do a far better job than the present league brass. There are plenty of hockey hotbeds in both Canada and the USA that could sustain viable NHL franchises. To me, the league has done damage to the pro game by trying to stuff it down peoples throats in cities where there is no real interest.

You can't sell this game, it sells itself when played properly and the league needs to concentrate more on the product itself . Me thinks they've put the cart before the horse when it comes to expansion

Why would you have to stop supporting the Leafs? Don't get that one Juliet. Anyway, will be interesting to see if they do put a team in Ontario. If Hamilton is the choice I think they will get input from the Leafs and Sabres.

I'd love to see a franchise in Hamilton but I think it will be very hard to land one there. The Leafs are very protective of that market

The people who post on this thread should be running the league Pat. I think between us, we could do a far better job than the present league brass. There are plenty of hockey hotbeds in both Canada and the USA that could sustain viable NHL franchises. To me, the league has done damage to the pro game by trying to stuff it down peoples throats in cities where there is no real interest.

You can't sell this game, it sells itself when played properly and the league needs to concentrate more on the product itself . Me thinks they've put the cart before the horse when it comes to expansion

The problem with pro sports is they don't really care about tickets sales or the fans. Their bottom lines are driven by revenue factors that can't be found in small markets. Baltimore would have never been granted an NFL franchise if it had to rely on league

brass. A rogue owner is the only way smaller markets have a chance of landing an NHL franchise. Sombody has got to to take a chance and throw all spread shit, marketing bs and media outlet crap out the window. Teams can to flourish in alternate markets but nobody has the testicles in the NHL to make a stance against the brass. They will continue to hold expos in Vegas and other so called emerging markets that don't know the differnece between a blue line and blue balls because they have lost sight of the fan base.

The problem with pro sports is they don't really care about tickets sales or the fans. Their bottom lines are driven by revenue factors that can't be found in small markets. Baltimore would have never been granted an NFL franchise if it had to rely on league

brass. A rogue owner is the only way smaller markets have a chance of landing an NHL franchise. Sombody has got to to take a chance and throw all spread shit, marketing bs and media outlet crap out the window. Teams can to flourish in alternate markets but nobody has the testicles in the NHL to make a stance against the brass. They will continue to hold expos in Vegas and other so called emerging markets that don't know the differnece between a blue line and blue balls because they have lost sight of the fan base.

It seems to be the way alright.

HI Y:

I have another idea...the Coyotes should go to Kitchener where Jim lives..he can go to work at his company (RIM), go home for supper, have a rest then go to the Kitchener Aud to see his team...all in one fell swoop...

OR...The Coyotes could base in Brantford..Wayne's hometown...

BUT....I LIKE MY FIRST CHOICE, LONDON.....

Juliet

PS If it's still o.k. to support the Leafs then I have to say GO LEAFS GO :cheer:

Edited by Juliet

I really always kind of liked the Red Wings. But the arrogance of some of you Red Wings fans may force me to cheer for the dirty Ducks. Nah. But how does it taste? I mean that word that they love to use, adversity? What did you call me Ally? An old sod? :o My condolences on your OT loss. Its going to be a war now. I hope one of your guys sends that greedy Campbell over the boards.

Ha Ha, was only joking my friend. TBH, I thought we should have won tonight and Mitchell 99% of the time, clears the puck that led to the tying goal. He'll recover and so will we, Chicago will not win another game in this series

I don't know if I agree that they won't win another game, but it is still apparent that Detroit is probably the best team and will be very tough to beat. The one thing they don't have is the best goalie. Id say Luongo, Ward, Thomas, are all better than Osgood but Osgood is good enough given what he has in front of him. I couldnt stay up to see the Ducks game. Was 2-2 when I crashed but they looked more like the Ducks that coasted all year last night. Boston probably must win tonight. They will throw the kitchen sink at Ward tonight Im sure.

No question Detroit has the most talent in the league. The thing about the Duck's is that they were built with beating Detroit in mind. Not that I want them to but, it makes them a very tough team to beat.

As for Chicago not winning another game, we know how to beat them. We'll have to lose Luongo for the Hawks to beat us again

History has taught us anything can happen Ally. Get ready to down some brewskies. Im sure the next game will be nerve wracking. I say they are all toss ups. All four series. But I think Washington will finally beat the Penguins?

Yes. it has taught us that. I really like what I saw from the Canucks in the last two games and I expect more of the same the rest of the way. The team chemistry is great and will be even more so after Mitchell's mistake.

They sure aren't the team I saw in Buffalo early in the year. Do you think its the best team they ever had? Question is, will it be good enough?

I don't think it's the best they've ever had talent wise but I think in the last three years, Vigneault has really put his stamp on things. This is his team and they are all buying into his system. Is it good enough to win it all ? I believe so. Like I said at the start of the season, there is just something about this team. There is a real commitment and family like atmosphere about them and they have a healthy will to win. There is enough talent on this team alright and it's not just about Luongo. People back east who haven't had a chance to watch many Canuck games are beginning to find out what fan's in the west already knew about Burrows, Kesler, the Sedin sisters, Beiska, Edler etc.

I really always kind of liked the Red Wings. But the arrogance of some of you Red Wings fans may force me to cheer for the dirty Ducks. Nah. But how does it taste? I mean that word that they love to use, adversity? What did you call me Ally? An old sod? :o My condolences on your OT loss. Its going to be a war now. I hope one of your guys sends that greedy Campbell over the boards.

I know I'm arrogant and I'm a little ashamed of it, but give me a break. My team has only missed the playoffs once or twice in my entire lifetime :P

Hard NOT to be arrogant :lol:

Are you sure its hackers? And not your PC? Anyway, I am a bit surprised Carolina is up 3-1. Not that they are up as I never believed Boston was that good. I do think Thomas is good but given their current desperate situation, it might be a good move to put Manny in the nets. I always thought he was good when he was with Minnesota and wish my team had him as a backup to Miller. anyway, Chara actually is pretty layed back for a guy his size. He is no Hatcher.

What do you mean by our "jinx" team? :D

Go Canes!!!!

Well they have been up til this series. I dont know who has given you more trouble between Wash and Pitt? I still think Wash will find a way to win but I could be wrong. Boston will show up at home in the next one Im quite sure. I would bet there will be a game six. dont know about a 7. I know if we didnt lose Miller you would be playing us for the East. But Ill have to wait til next year. Still think it will take some doing and a miracle to beat Detroit for the whole thing. I think that Chicago gives them more of a scare than the Canucks. Sorry Ally, but lets face it. You guys havent fared that well with Detroit. I think you should hope the Ducks beat them. The Ducks are their worst nightmare. So are the Coyotes going to Canada? If so, where?

I just can't stand the Ducks. I'd rather win/lose against a great hockey team like Detroit. If for some reason it ends up being Chicago and Anaheim in the conference finals, I'll be rooting for Chicago.

No doube they are the dirtest team left now that hockey's version of the world wrestling federation (Flyers) are gone.

I think the Ducks are dirty . Having said that, I'd take Ryan Getzlaf for my team in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact. I would love to see a line put together for the Canadian Olympic team that had Getzlaf and Eric Staal on it. Talk about dominant