The personal HEALTH PROBLEM THREAD

DRUNK

• 3 weeks later...

hey, not sure what's happening with you, but I hope everything is ok????? all the best :)

It's most appreciated. But you're so damned popular, I can't send a private message to you inch-wise. :lol:

^^ +1

Thanks, J-. 17th day today of chemo meds. So far, I'm experiencing a nice dosage of side effects. But I'm proud to say I've risen above it, and even went to the gym tonight. I can definitely feel where I've broken my foot, etc, back in Feb, plus an old wound. But I'm hell bent on rocking on and rising above, regardless of what I have, even if I didn't have this affliction. I finished up my classes in college as well this week. Your support and that of a few others means so much more than you could believe. With all my heart, I thank you for yours, Brother. Have a great weekend.

It's most appreciated. But you're so damned popular, I can't send a private message to you inch-wise. :lol: 17th day today of chemo meds. So far, I'm experiencing a nice dosage of side effects.

Sending you positive thoughts, Andy, that you kick the sh!t out of whatever is causing you to take that poison. I know you're staying strong! How long do you have to take those pills?

:peace:

Thanks, J-. 17th day today of chemo meds. So far, I'm experiencing a nice dosage of side effects. But I'm proud to say I've risen above it, and even went to the gym tonight. I can definitely feel where I've broken my foot, etc, back in Feb, plus an old wound. But I'm hell bent on rocking on and rising above, regardless of what I have, even if I didn't have this affliction. I finished up my classes in college as well this week. Your support and that of a few others means so much more than you could believe. With all my heart, I thank you for yours, Brother. Have a great weekend.

Positve thoughts/best wishes being sent. Like Charles said, kick the cancer in the nuts!

Does anyone know anyone that has had to take chemo pills on a daily basis? And if so, how hard is it to function/work/school while taking it?

Yup...every flipping week for Rheumatoid Arthritis and sometimes it ain't fun at all. There's a myth that taking chemo is for the like of just Cancer...nope. The chemo I take is known as a DMARD and can be used for RA, Psoriasis, Lupus and as well as some forms of Cancer.

At the moment, my chemo meds have had to be dropped down a bit as I'm having problems with mouth ulcers and dry, red skin (it looks like prickly heat/sunburn)...just part of the chemo I guess.

Yup...every flipping week for Rheumatoid Arthritis and sometimes it ain't fun at all. There's a myth that taking chemo is for the like of just Cancer...nope. The chemo I take is known as a DMARD and can be used for RA, Psoriasis, Lupus and as well as some forms of Cancer.

At the moment, my chemo meds have had to be dropped down a bit as I'm having problems with mouth ulcers and dry, red skin (it looks like prickly heat/sunburn)...just part of the chemo I guess.

Thank you so much! Bless your heart. Yeah, this crap isn't "user friendly". I've not broken out with the mouth, but a poop-load of nausea, and other stuff. No it's not just cancer, that chemo is taken for. Mine isn't for cancer, either. There's a stigma that goes along with what I'm taking it for. Mine could be interpreted as #1. That I was a needle abuser and #2 that I'm a sex fiend or a needle user. Neither applies to me, but mine is for Hep C.

Sending you positive thoughts, Andy, that you kick the sh!t out of whatever is causing you to take that poison. I know you're staying strong! How long do you have to take those pills?

:peace:

Thanks. After 2 month mark to see how far my platelets have gone down. I'm hoping I can stop this after 3 months. Thanks Jules and luvLZ2 as well. My heart 2 anyone that has to take this junk.

• 1 month later...

This chemo has made me so sickly, recently. I apologize for the late replies to some members of the forum. I sincerely do. I hope I've gotten back to everyone, but I'm not sure. I don't mean to slight anyone. Honestly.

My last day of taking this stuff is hopefully August 5th. I'm hoping I'm cured. I got a lot of blood drawn yesterday.
To everyone on the forum, and to birthdays to come, I sincerely wish you the best year to come. We all should be here for each other. I think that's why we're here.

My best to all of you. And my sincerest thanks to those who have contacted me. I care for each and every one of you. And thank you so much. It means everything to me, and I draw strength from your kindess and wishes.

This chemo has made me so sickly, recently. I apologize for the late replies to some members of the forum. I sincerely do. I hope I've gotten back to everyone, but I'm not sure. I don't mean to slight anyone. Honestly.

My last day of taking this stuff is hopefully August 5th. I'm hoping I'm cured. I got a lot of blood drawn yesterday.

To everyone on the forum, and to birthdays to come, I sincerely wish you the best year to come. We all should be here for each other. I think that's why we're here.

My best to all of you. And my sincerest thanks to those who have contacted me. I care for each and every one of you. And thank you so much. It means everything to me, and I draw strength from your kindess and wishes.

Nice to see you back here :)

Continued strength xo

I've got this lump 3 feet above my ass that has been bothering me lately. Anybody else had this?

Just kidding. But I do have these bouts of intense itching going on lately. My wife says I don't drink enough water, but I think it is tied to my skin aging and years of over exposure to the sun in my youth here in California. I've already had 3 skin cancers removed, and suspect the itching is somehow tied to sun damage.

I've got this lump 3 feet above my ass that has been bothering me lately. Anybody else had this?

Just kidding. But I do have these bouts of intense itching going on lately. My wife says I don't drink enough water, but I think it is tied to my skin aging and years of over exposure to the sun in my youth here in California. I've already had 3 skin cancers removed, and suspect the itching is somehow tied to sun damage.

I recently had a nagging itch on my lower back. So my super sexy dermatolgist (really, she should be a model) two weeks ago prescribed a topical cream. And I drink a lot of water.

LIVIN, check Clobetasol Propionate Cream. Don't know if you have what I had, but this worked for me. Hope you don't get buttfucked insurance wise...

I recently had a nagging itch on my lower back. So my super sexy dermatolgist (really, she should be a model) two weeks ago prescribed a topical cream. And I drink a lot of water.

LIVIN, check Clobetasol Propionate Cream. Don't know if you have what I had, but this worked for me. Hope you don't get buttfucked insurance wise...

Thanks, I'll look that one up. I've tried the drugstore 5% hydrocortizone stuff and it didn't help.

Man. I'd like to thank the Lord above, and the folks on this forum. I've felt like crap the past 3 months with this. I'm off the chemo(which will be flush outta my system in about 3 weeks). Game Over. I win! Got a clean bill of health, today.

Blame it on the carcinoma. I got sun poisoning as a kid going to the ocean all the time. PM on the way.

Could be a reaction your skin is having to the water or soap you use.

Man. I'd like to thank the Lord above, and the folks on this forum. I've felt like crap the past 3 months with this. I'm off the chemo(which will be flush outta my system in about 3 weeks). Game Over. I win! Got a clean bill of health, today.

That is good news. That should be a load off your mind. Enjoy your new life.

Blame it on the carcinoma. I got sun poisoning as a kid going to the ocean all the time. PM on the way.

Sun poisoning? That's a new one. Reminds me of Alvy's line in "Annie Hall": "Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college."

Archived