The personal HEALTH PROBLEM THREAD

DRUNK

Bonnie, this happens to 2 of my children too; and used to happen to my husband. It happens more often when the air is really dry. Their doctor says it's benign though.

At least it's not painful. It's more annoying than anything. You'll just be sitting there, and all of a sudden, drip. Usually when you're wearing something nice, too! Or you wake up in the morning, and your face is crusted to your pillow. I don't get them as often as a grownup, though, so hopefully your kids will outgrow it, too.

if you've been taking a drug long enough to have physical withdraw, it's not wise to suddenly stop. you should either check into a rehab and be monitored . or alternatively you can taper yourself off of it. gradually decrease the dose over a period of a couple weeks. ask your doctor first about that option before trying it.

Narcotic withdrawal isn't life threatening. There also a lot of psychological factors in withdrawal.

No, but it can make you very very sick for weeks if you try to do it cold turkey. Depression, vomiting, diarrhea, shakes, and sweats are among some of the possible things you can experience. Sounds lovely, doesn't it....

Narcotic withdrawal isn't life threatening.

People have died from narcotic withdrawal, especially when they're already in poor health and heavy users. Any time someone like that suddenly goes cold turkey, their body can't handle it. It's not as life-threatening as alcohol withdrawal, but you can die from it.

At least it's not painful. It's more annoying than anything. You'll just be sitting there, and all of a sudden, drip. Usually when you're wearing something nice, too! Or you wake up in the morning, and your face is crusted to your pillow. I don't get them as often as a grownup, though, so hopefully your kids will outgrow it, too.

Yes; they tend to get them during the night; sometimes at school too.

Like puttig a steak iin front of a dog that hasnt eaten in two days and telling him to eat half of it. tried it. cant do it. its cold turkey time. Sucks. have done it before twice. had sugery so had to go back on. using a fentanyl patch for the first day and then will drink.

I know it's easier said than done my man but, be careful with that combo

I've been seeing a chiropractor since the early 90's as the work I used to do (laborer) wore out some of my vertebrae. I recently had a parotid tumor removed from my left jaw and also had two hernia's repaired with the 'patch'. I had a bad episode of 'atrial fibrillation' last November but that's under control now. Since I quit coffee I feel so much better, am less tense and sleep so good now I can't believe it. I'm glad I'm off the caffeine. I'll be 58 next month and my blood pressure and cholesterol are fine at this point. I could stand to lose some weight but that seems to be a 'losing battle' anymore. B)

Looking forward to turning 100.

:D

I have exruciating lower back pain, to the point of not being able to do anything, bending, carrying anything that might too heavy, I can't walk. Worst part I can't tolerate narcotics, so I am only taking a muscle relexant which minimizes the pain.

It really sucks getting old!

apart from menopausal symptoms, which I now have under control I feel and look amazing, since I started my job I get all the skincare I want, eye creams, and face creams, make up, I look amazing, beautiful skin, and have grown my hair really long,so I look years younger, I eat well, no rubbish and take vitamins, and Joint therapy,every evening,to look after my bones, I walk everywhere I can, fresh fruit,whenever. I believe health is a gift a precious one, to be looked after.

apart from menopausal symptoms, which I now have under control I feel and look amazing, since I started my job I get all the skincare I want, eye creams, and face creams, make up, I look amazing, beautiful skin, and have grown my hair really long,so I look years younger, I eat well, no rubbish and take vitamins, and Joint therapy,every evening,to look after my bones, I walk everywhere I can, fresh fruit,whenever. I believe health is a gift a precious one, to be looked after.

And that's just peachy for you, I however, I'm a single mother of two kids, work 40+ hours a week, and live in a country where everything is very expensive, especially gasoline, so I make enough money to pay for my vehicle and take care of my kids. For the post part I have always been healthy except for this back pain, stemming from an injury 25 years ago that is now just manifesting itself. I too believe health is a precious gift, especially since I am the only family my children have, if something were to happen to me, there wouldn't be anyone to take care of them.

• 7 years later...

Does anyone know anyone that has had to take chemo pills on a daily basis? And if so, how hard is it to function/work/school while taking it?

All I can say is thankfulness to those who have a heart. I was approved yesterday. It comes in the mail today between 10 and 2 :P

Thank you for telling me to be strong, and that; Every minute is a new reason to smile and have hope

hey, not sure what's happening with you, but I hope everything is ok????? all the best :)

Archived