What's on your ipod at the gym?

Virginia

Apologies in advance if I've put this in the wrong forum. I'm curious what music you guys like for working out. I have a lot of Zeppelin right now; and am always looking to add new stuff for variety!

My usual treadmill songs:

SIBLY (warm up, lol)

Kashmir

Rock & Roll

Houses of the Holy

I save Trampled Underfoot or In the Evening for the end, for when I'm about to keel over :lol:

I also sometimes include Nobody's Fault but Mine, the Immigrant Song, I Can't Quit You Baby or the Lemon Song.

Then I have slightly mellower stuff for the machines:

10 years gone

All my love

Over the hills and far away

Going to California

etc.

I have some other non-Zeppelin stuff too: some Cure, some Cult, Police, Clash, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, the Doors, the Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera, and some random R&B/hip hop/country stuff my daughter put on for me.

My itunes is a little disorganized right now since we switched to high speed the other weekend so I need to clean it up.

On my workout mix:

Death from Above 1979 for hardcore/angry workout :)

Love me some older Britney Spears for keeping it going, can't help it!

Other random workout music, Goldfrapp, Michael Jackson,Scissor Sisters, Shakira, T.I., Annie, Gwen Stefani, etc etc.

Funny, I never want to listen to some of them outside of working out, I associate them with working out too much.

The last work out I did I had Creedence rockin' on whilst on the treadmill..then some Zep for the cross-trainer, I timed it well as I hit the exercise bike just as Rock and Roll was starting and then Steely Dan for cooling down :D

Thanks for the replies; I'm getting some ideas :) There are definitely some songs/artists I only listen to at the gym too (Frankie Goes to Hollywood and the Fray for instance). Some of the 80s stuff I had back in the day is coming in handy though; the vintage Cult was perfect (She Sells Sanctuary and Love Removal Machine).

On my workout mix:

Death from Above 1979 for hardcore/angry workout :)

Fucking awesome band :thumbsup:

I usually get my exercise when I practice my drumming, however anything with a driving tempo or something that's really spine chilling will get me moving.

Examples....

Comatose- Pearl Jam

Parabola- Tool

Planet Hell- Nightwish

Over The Hills and Far Away (How The West Was Won version)- Led Zeppelin

etc....list goes on

100% Pure Love - Crystal Waters is another one I listen to a lot; usually on the treadmill.

:lol:

I was singing that freakin' song the other day! I haven't heard it in like, ten years, but I was singing it and I was trying to figure out where the hell it came from!

I usually just listen to whatever comes on, then I skip anything that's too slow.

I don't have a particular "workout" play list. (I don't think I've ever figured out how to set up a play list.... )

:lol:

I was singing that freakin' song the other day! I haven't heard it in like, ten years, but I was singing it and I was trying to figure out where the hell it came from!

I usually just listen to whatever comes on, then I skip anything that's too slow.

I don't have a particular "workout" play list. (I don't think I've ever figured out how to set up a play list.... )

I can tell you how if you'd like. :)

Archived