King Crimson

zosodude13

King Crimson Banned from Dime!

That makes it sound like King Crimson was ousted by the site. The band just made it known their recordings are not to be torrented. Heres a list of some of the other artists and their restrictions from themselves.

-- Terms of Service

Artists / Bands NOT ALLOWED

Recordings of these artists and bands may not be

shared here at -- Live Music Sharing.

A

Terry Adams (of NRBQ fame)

Allman Brothers Band and all Gregg Allman projects

Laurie Anderson (in terms of workshop performances)

Artful Dodger

B

Beach Boys

Walter Becker

Dickey Betts and all his projects

Black Crowes (in terms of SBD patches, audience video, and studio recordings)..and Page/Crowes

Blue Country

Greg Brown

Buffalo Springfield

Buick MacKane (in terms of SBD patches from August 24th, 2006 on, and video)

C

California Guitar Trio

Neko Case

Manny Charlton (ex-Nazareth) and all his solo projects

Chris Coole

D

Bo Diddley

Doors, The

E

Fred Eaglesmith

Roky Erickson

Alejandro Escovedo (in terms of video)

Ellery Eskelin

F

Donald Fagen

Jay Farrar (in terms of SBD recordings, radio sessions, and audience video)

Fishbone (in terms of content that has been distributed via their tracker at http://torrents.fishbonelive.org)

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (in terms of audience video and SBD patches) [1]

Flower Kings (in terms of any video) [1]

Bill Frisell and all his projects

Richie Furay

G

Vyacheslav Ganelin

Ganelin Trio

Philip Glass

Glass Hammer

Gov’t Mule (in terms of audience video and SBD patches)

David Gray (in terms of audience video and SBD patches)

Jackie Greene (in terms of audience video)

Patty Griffin

Henry Grimes

H

Hawkwind (no sbd patches or video; audience tapes which conform to Hawkwind’s new policy are now allowed)http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/trading%20rules.htm

Jonas Hellborg (in terms of audience video)

Levon Helm

Hot Tuna

I

Jason Isbell (in terms of solo appearances)

K

Jorma Kaukonen

Steve Kimock (in terms of onstage recordings made after May 31, 2003, and SBD patches)

King Crimson

Klaus Kugel

L

Ray LaMontagne (in terms of audience video and SBD patches)

Shawn Lane

Little Feat (in terms of soundboard recordings after January 1, 2004, audience video, and shows listed in their non-tradable shows list)

Los Lobos (in terms of SBD recordings made after July 9, 2000)

M

Mahogany Rush

Frank Marino

Erynn Marshall

Dave Matthews Band (in terms of SBD recordings and audience video)

Martina McBride

James McMurtry

Metallica

Alanis Morissette

N

Nazareth

New Riders of the Purple Sage (in terms of band-unapproved SBD recordings)

Nickel Creek

Nirvana

North Mississippi Allstars (in terms of SBD recordings made after February 1, 2007, and audience video [2]). Note: The NMA policy does allow for the sharing of audience audio recordings of shows that are made available by the band via official downloads. The official downloads themselves are prohibited from being shared!

NRBQ

O

Old Crow Medicine Show

P

Pearl Jam (in terms of audience video and SBD patches)

Phish (in terms of audience video and SBD patches)

Poco

R

Ratdog (in terms of SBD recordings made on and after October 11, 2003 and audience video). Note: The Ratdog policy does allow for the sharing of audience audio recordings of shows that are made available by the band via official downloads and CD. The official downloads/CDs themselves are not to be shared!

Marc Ribot

S

John Scofield

Frank Sinatra

Sirsy

Son Volt (in terms of SBD recordings, radio sessions, and audience video)

Sound Tribe Sector Nine (STS9)

Steely Dan

The Subdudes

T

13th Floor Elevators

Tool

Derek Trucks Band (in terms of studio work, SBD patches, and audience video, as stated on archive.org)

V

Van Morrison

Vicious Rumors

Petras Vysniauskas

W

Widespread Panic (in terms of any video). Note: The Widespread Panic policy does allow for the sharing of audience audio recordings of shows that are made available by the band via official downloads. The official downloads themselves are not to be shared!

Wilco (in terms of audience video)

Hank Williams Sr.

Brian Wilson

Chris Wood (ex-Traffic)

Y

Yonder Mountain String Band (in terms of any video)

Big thanks for Dime for the above recording policies! We have always followed Dime when it comes to acceptable usage policies.

Edited by pickenpieces

• 3 months later...
I don't know if some of you have heard of it, but if you haven't heard "The Nightwatch", I highly recommend the album. It's a live album that was recorded during the Larks' tour. It's excellent and well worth it.

Before it was released through Robert Fripp's DGM label, it was a vinyl bootleg called, "Un reve sans consequence du speciale". It was jacked off a radio broadcast way back when. I used to have the record.

2d0x9b8.jpg

UN REVE SANS CONSEQUENCE SPECIALE

TAKRL 1928

TWO INSERTS - USA

Side A: Medley: The Mincer-The Talking Drum-Lark's Tongues in Aspic Pt.2/Exiles

Side B: Easy Money/Lament/Book of Saturday/21st century schizoid Man

A cornerstone of any Crimso collection, is the partial recording of the Amsterdam Concertgebouw concert on November 23 1973. I had to remind you that from this same concert were taken "The great Deceiver, Trio, Fracture", as later appeared in the official "Starless and Bible Black", in January 1974, with a different mixing. A superb sound quality makes this stuff the best, while the performance is a stunning one; an astonishing opening medley blew off the crowd, as the powerful version of Schizoid Man let 'em breathless. First edition was with two inserts, as a Takrl standard; front one reporting group name and album title, shows a resurrecting figure, while the rear one, without any group indication, tells a short story (takrl madness), and the track list. It claims itself as APREE COSMIC ETAIT, with a group picture taken from a legitimate tour programme. It has a standard black/yellow Takrl label with the guy on side A and the typing "It's the vinyl" on side B. There are some copies with a TMOQ smoking pig label, probably due to an error from the pressing plants, only for the two inserts series. Matrix number is Takrl 1928. Printed in the mid of '70.

This link has some cool KC bootlegs.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/3664/framekce.htm

• 7 months later...

Interesting news...

King Crimson will be featured on Guitar Hero 5. The song is 21st Century Schizoid Man.

I'm shocked, considering the band is not even sold on iTunes or other digital music stores. I'm happy that people will get to hear the song, but I'm not sure how it will translate on the game.

one of my favorite bands... my friend let me borrow In the Court of the Crimson King a few months ago... and the first time I heard it, I didnt really like it... about a month later, I had my iPod on shuffle and 21st Century Schizoid Man came up...that time, it liked it and listened tot he rest of the album, with a much different result!

I loved the mellotron and the effect it gave throughout In the Court of the Crimson King. Peter sinfield's lyrics were mysitcal and carefully caved each song into its own. From now on, I have to listen to the album all the way through, I cant listen to just one song.

I bought my own copy of In the Court of the Crimson King and their next album, In the Wake of Poseidon I liked the album, it basically is like a disc 2 of their first album. The Devil's Triangle (a cover of Holtz's Mars: The Bringer of War) was one of the evilest sounding songs I have ever heard. And Cat Food being one of the wierdest songs I have heard.

A couple of days ago, I bought their 3rd album Lizard. The opening, Cirkus is a classic Crimson song, with heavy mellotron. Lizard is a 23+ minute epic and took me a few listenings to understand the complexity of it all. I still need to listen to Lizard more to gain a ful perspective about it...

I created this thread to talk about King Crimson and get some opinions about the rest of their albums... I knwo the band shifted gears after Lizard, so I wanna get some opinions to find out if I wanna continue to get the rest of their albums

Larks Tounges in Aspics 1973

Islands anyone? ;)

Personally I've really been enjoying the Epitaph collection of live performances from the Fillmore's in late 1969. Heady stuff!

I love the quasi-jazz sound on Islands. It has a strange resemblance to some Miles Davis work from Sketches of Spain and In A Silent Way. It's probably the 'weakest' of their early albums, but that says a lot for the quality of music they managed to put out.

The ones I enjoy most are Court of the Crimson King, Starless and Bible Black, Lark's Tongue in Aspic and Red.

Mine too! I also love Discipline and Thrak. Totally different band with Belew and Bruford, but I really love it!

Discipline is a fantastic album.

Starless and Bible Black has my favourite song though, The Night Watch. I wanna visit the Rijksmuseum in The Netherlands... (the song is about the painting The Night Watch by Rembrandt). I've seen his paintings in the Louvre, and by god he is my favourite artist by far.

Edited by Jarlaxle 56

Mine too! I also love Discipline and Thrak. Totally different band with Belew and Bruford, but I really love it!

I'll have to check those out. Every time I think of Adrian Belew I think of that song "Oh Daddy" and the silly video that went with it :lol:

• 5 years later...

Thanks for posting ..very cool.. I missed the Boston shows this time .. hopefully they'll come around again.

I've seen them 3 times in 1984, 1999, 2001 … (something like that).. last time was a double bill with JPJ..

The 3 drummers sound very tight.. Gavin Harrison is incredible and Pat M. is no slouch either.

Odd that Adrian Belew is not there. But they're (Fripp) is obviously going for a very different thing this time around.

Thanks for posting ..very cool.. I missed the Boston shows this time .. hopefully they'll come around again.

I've seen them 3 times in 1984, 1999, 2001 … (something like that).. last time was a double bill with JPJ..

I've seen them with Bill Bruford on drums in 95 and with JPJ opening in 2001.

• 4 years later...