Final U.K. Date December 10, 1975

the-ocean87

DECEMBER 10 - BEHAN'S PARK WEST, ST. HELLIER, JERSEY, ENGLAND

(with Norman Hale of The Tornados joining the band on piano) (WEDNESDAY)

I found this in a list of Zep-Concerts. But it isn't mentioned in the timeline on this site. Was this a complete Zep Concert? I never saw a bootleg of this. So what about?

Wow, haven't heard anything about that fact. I was sure that last concert date of 1975 was the last Earls Court concert. Now it turnes out that there was "another" December 10th gig. What songs did they perform on that Dec10, 1975? How was the performance itself? Does anyone know some facts about it?

It was just a jam at a night club while Plant was in tax exile following his car accident. No tape exists of the performance but some photographs of the event do. I believe a few can be found in Dave Lewis' "The Concert Files" book.

Plant said that he was very shy in the begining and sat between bonzo and jonsey...but as he started singing his stool would creap up a little more every note until he was ready to jump out of his stool and jam!

thank god he didnt do the latter....... :D

I think this is originally from Steve Sauer:

On this day in 1975, Led Zeppelin performed a one off comeback concert just to see what it felt like

Hey, wait a minute, that's also what they're doing today in 2007 isn't it.

Well the circumstances in 1975 were completely different. Robert Plant had been told in Aug. that he may never walk again, after he and his family had been in a life threatening accident. But by this point he was moving with the aid of crutches

The recuperating singer sat on a stool for a 45 min. set during which he belted out some Elvis Presley covers like " Jailhouse Rock " and " Blue Suede Shoes "Norman Hale who had played piano for the Tornados in 61 and 62, sat in with Led Zeppelin. A friend of the band, he had been rehearsing with the rhythm section since the beginning of December

A last minute announcement that Led Zeppelin would appear at Behan's West Park night clubbrought 350 fans there. This unique experience in Led Zeppelin's history was the groups first concert in half a year

Jimmy Page showed off a brand new guitar for the first time at this gig. He sported a Lake Placid blue model Fender 60's Stratocaster

Because Plant is a natural dancer and showman, he said the toughest thing for him onstage was confining himself to the stool so he wouldn't put pressure on his healing ankle. " Every time I went to hit a high note", he explained," I stood up,not putting any weight on my foot, but just sort of standing"

The previous month, in a Munich recording studio,Plant fell over in a wheelchair trying to dance while singing a song with the group

Plant said he was impressed with the atmosphere at Behan's pub.

" It was like a dance hallthat was like some place 10 years gone by, in the best old English tradition," he said." Guy's with dickey bows and evening jackets ready to bang your head against the wall if you stepped out of line, and chairs and tables lined up in escalation. Chicks wearing suspenders and stockings....and a lot of rock and roll "

• 4 months later...

I didn't want to open a new topic for this so I write it down here:

In the book "John Bonham- The powerhosue behind Led Zeppelin" Mick writes that he appeared on stage at the concert in Preston, Town Hall on November 27, 1971. I never found this gig listed on any concert-list. But it seems to me that it happened. He writes about it:

"...it was an extra date added the original tour dates hat been confirmed, so the gig was never written about an there were no photos....it was about the only gig not to be recorded on bootleg"

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't want to open a new topic for this so I write it down here:

In the book "John Bonham- The powerhosue behind Led Zeppelin" Mick writes that he appeared on stage at the concert in Preston, Town Hall on November 27, 1971. I never found this gig listed on any concert-list. But it seems to me that it happened. He writes about it:

"...it was an extra date added the original tour dates hat been confirmed, so the gig was never written about an there were no photos....it was about the only gig not to be recorded on bootleg"

I'm surprised no one has made a comment on this yet.

How reliable is this source considered?

I'm surprised no one has made a comment on this yet.

How reliable is this source considered?

I replied to this in another thread. They did play Preston and Mick would have no reason to lie, but the date provided (Nov 27th) is incorrect. The correct date is in the official

timeline. No audio or video recordings have surfaced yet.

• 11 years later...
On 3/28/2008 at 12:15 AM, Fresh Garbage said:

Plant said that he was very shy in the begining and sat between bonzo and jonsey...but as he started singing his stool would creap up a little more every note until he was ready to jump out of his stool and jam!

thank god he didnt do the latter....... :D

Shy. That's not like Robert.