Found Money

redrum

18 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Ya but I don’t buy much - I’m happy with life and money doesn’t bring happiness which is a lesson I had to learn. Buying shit for the sake of buying shit because I have the means to do so is just kinda gross. I buy what I need and keep things basic 

Me too, pretty much. Getting an Ibanez guitar repaired right now to use on my Roland drum amp with a Behringer vibrato pedal. I do love buying books, though. :)

6 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

That made me laugh - but the truth is Bill Cosby belongs 6 ft in the ground. Welcome to the forum by the way

Indeed, doping someone and then having your way with them is rape, plain and simple. Mr. Puddin Pops deserves his current fate.

• 11 months later...

I found a five dollar bill when I was 8 just lying on the hallway at school. Turned it in to the office, and they told me if no one claimed it by the end of the week, I could have it. No one claimed it, and I got to keep it. The lady who gave me the money to keep knelt down and looked me square in the eye and said: "you did the right thing, always do the right thing remember that". And I did. It's weird how some shit just sticks in your brain. Plus, 5 bucks bought a LOT of comic books when I was 8.That was a happy day,. 

The most money I've ever found was a $20 bill, but I didn't keep it. I put it in a Salvation Army red kettle. Not because I think I'm all that great a person, I think as far as people go, I'm average, but I didn't need the money, and that way, the money would be going to someone or several someones who did need it. 

I do, however, always say "Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck" even though I know it's just superstition.

I was in the airport at Zurich a while back (pre-TSA) and the guy in front of me at the ticket counter left his wallet on the counter.  It was probably three inches thick -a huge wad of bills sticking out of it.  I turned and he had already disappeared in the crowd.  The customer service lady was still tagging his check-in luggage and putting it on the conveyor.  I held the billfold in my hand, had a fleeting glimpse of evil, then when the customer service lady turned to me and said "Can I help you?" I handed her the wallet and told her I think the guy ahead of me left it on the counter.  Her eyes got huge and she kept saying "Thank you. thank you....we will make sure it is returned to him".

I believe in karma.....still waiting for the a-hole that stole my camera off a plane in the 90's to return it to me.....  

• 11 months later...

Asked for ten bucks at the self checkout (cash back) at my local grocery store and accidentally left it in. I was leaving and then realized what I had done. Went back in and the lady said 'Oh yeah, I found it and gave it to the courtesy clerk'. Nice.

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 5:17 PM, luvlz2 said:

Asked for ten bucks at the self checkout (cash back) at my local grocery store and accidentally left it in. I was leaving and then realized what I had done. Went back in and the lady said 'Oh yeah, I found it and gave it to the courtesy clerk'. Nice.

I did that too a while back. Someone left 15 bucks in the dispenser. I gave it to the clerk, but don't know if anyone came back for it. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:08 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I believe in karma.....still waiting for the a-hole that stole my camera off a plane in the 90's to return it to me.....  

Had my beautiful, old Nikon FTN stolen from my job in the mid 70's. Still waiting for it. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Someone left four bucks in the self checkout at my local grocery store.

Done that before with $16. I gave it to the clerk. Found a hundred dollar bill in my yard a couple months back.