Found Money

redrum

I'm figuring most of us have found some money at one time or another.

I'll tell some of my finds.

When I was a little kid (about 6 or 7) I was outside our house one day and I found a 20 dollar bill. I was so excited that I started yelling: I FOUND TWENTY DOLLARS!! I FOUND TWENTY DOLLARS!!

I ran upstairs and showed my Mother and she was already thinking of keeping most of it but I remember she took me downtown to buy me a huge metal bomber airplane at Penneys. :D

Another time I was about 10 and i found 10 bucks on the corner of 18th and Castro Sts. in San Francisco. I couldn't believe it and ran to the five and dime to get myself a Duncan Superem yo-yo and then across the stree to get an extra large softy cone at the ice cream shop.

Just up the street from there they used to have the old paper racks with metal tubes that you'd drop coins in for the newspaper. well, one of them was abandoned and the lock had been removed. I walked by it one day and stuck my finger up the tube and lo and behold about $1.50 came sliding out right into my hand. I immmediately ran to the five and dime again and got another yo-yo. :D

Over the years I've found a bity of money here and there but the strangest one was i had to take a bus to a medical clinic and there was no one on it but me. Bored I leaned forward to rest my arms on the back of the seat in front of me and when I looked down there were 2 one dollar bills laying on the seat. Got myself some coffee with that one.

Found any money?

Twice, I got hand-me-downs from one of my cousins, and I reached in the pockets for the first time (I think to put something in them) and I felt money.

"Hooray" I thought, "Time for some ice cream from the ice cream man"

Both times, it was a 50 B)

But yeah, over the years I've found some money layin around here and there (especially in school)

I have a Zep-related money finding story.

I was at a tribute show for Zeppelin, and during intermission I was at the bar, and looked down and there on the floor was $20. I looked around but no-one seemed to be looking around for money or anything so I used that to buy the next round.

So there you go.

found 35 bucks in a jacket i got at goodwill one time. it was in a "hidden" inside pocket. so i made like 30 dollars on that deal.

once at macy's when i was a teenager i was just walking along killing time while my mom was shopping. i was walking around this clearance area that was jam packed with racks of clothes and i looked down and saw a pack of gum sticking out barely from underneath a rack. so i picked it up and noticed something else behind it. a 50 dollar bill.

have to say though, one of the best finds, at the page/crowes concert in worcester ma., walking to our seats in the upper tier. walked past the usher who checked our tickets at the opening of the seating area, walked about 10 feet, looked down...quarter ounce of weed. :whistling:

When my husband and I were young, we were leaving a concert buzzed and barely finding our way through the parking lot. We saw feathers on the ground. When I picked it up, we saw that it was a roach clip with feathers and with what we thought was a folded $20 bill stuck in the clip. When my husband pulled it out, there were five 20s. $100 was a fortune to us back then. :)

The most I ever found was $20 in the parking lot of a Jamba Juice. That definitely made my day. It had gotten kind of messed up, so I almost passed it by, thinking it was just a piece of litter, but luckily I decided to take a closer look. My mom found $100 stuck in a plant pot once, though.

I find money quite often. The most I ever found at one time was a 50 dollor bill....So I very nonchalantly picked up the 10 doller bill and just kept right on walking. Nobody said a word.

You realise you just found 2 ways to mis-spell dollar.

When I was 20 I ran across this paper bag in a bush and it had an oz of weed and around $3000.00 in it. Figured somebody stashed it from the cops or something.

Nice chunk a change in 1979. :beer::cheer:

WOO HOO!!! Cool. We once found about a quarter pound stashed in a little side compartment of the bus my ex and I were converting into a "house." It too was obviously stashed by someone running from the law.

I find money now and then, never too much.

A dear friend from Asheville once found 3000 bucks in a brown bag outside a coffee shop. He could've taken it, but he heard a lady had lost it and he returned it. She was so happy she offered him a reward and he said, "How about a cup of coffee instead?" People like him are far and few between.

On the other side, I've twice lost over a thousand, one time I knew who took it but I couldn't prove it, she took it out of my wallet while I was elsewhere. *BITCH!*

I have a Zep-related money finding story.

I was at a tribute show for Zeppelin, and during intermission I was at the bar, and looked down and there on the floor was $20. I looked around but no-one seemed to be looking around for money or anything so I used that to buy the next round.

So there you go.

One time I was at a motorcycle swap meet and I looked down and saw a 20 dollar bill all folded up. I reached down and picked it up and when I'd walked a ways I unfolded it and it was one of those 'Have You Found Jesus?' messages. They were probably watching me too. :D

First time I visited USA I was so happy that I found so many cents around every streets ... it was so unusual to me.

Later I discovered that it was "normal" to leave fallen cents ... there!

It's still weird to me

money aren't peanuts even cents :o

And don't forget all the money thrown into fountains. :D

WOO HOO!!! Cool. We once found about a quarter pound stashed in a little side compartment of the bus my ex and I were converting into a "house." It too was obviously stashed by someone running from the law.

I find money now and then, never too much.

A dear friend from Asheville once found 3000 bucks in a brown bag outside a coffee shop. He could've taken it, but he heard a lady had lost it and he returned it. She was so happy she offered him a reward and he said, "How about a cup of coffee instead?" People like him are far and few between.

On the other side, I've twice lost over a thousand, one time I knew who took it but I couldn't prove it, she took it out of my wallet while I was elsewhere. *BITCH!*

A friend of mine, his little bro found 800 bux one time and turned it in to the police.

They told him if no one claims it in 30 days it was his. When he went back to check, they told him "Oh the money tested positive for cocain residue" and they impounded the money. WTF?

It was well known that in the Late 70"s, most of the money in circulation could be found to have some sort of presence of cocain from the roll and snort or hand to hand contact. B)

A friend of mine, his little bro found 800 bux one time and turned it in to the police.

They told him if no one claims it in 30 days it was his. When he went back to check, they told him "Oh the money tested positive for cocain residue" and they impounded the money. WTF?

It was well known that in the Late 70"s, most of the money in circulation could be found to have some sort of presence of cocain from the roll and snort or hand to hand contact. B)

That just plain sucks. Not ALL of it had residue, obviously. And even if it did...so what?!

Like you said a lot of bills did/still do contain traces....poor kid! I bet that changed his attitude. :(

I found a 20 in a plant container outside, and it was right behind a guy who was painting a wall- looked like it probably fell out of his pocket. So I told him it was there and he went, "Oh, Thanks!" After I walked away, I thought shit, he looked suprised- it probably wasn't even his!

Dammit <_<

I'll bet the cops divided it up among themselves. :angry:

A tale of two wallets.

When I was about 11 or so me and a friend were in San Francisco walking up a steep hill when 2 guys on a motor scooter took off up the hill and the guy on the back his wallet fell out. We ran up yelling for them to stop but he just turned around and waved and they kept on going. Now the right thing to have done then would have been to turn the wallet in but when we saw the money that all went out the window. :D It was about 70 bucks and we went on a spending spree and were eventually busted for taking the money. I can't really remember what happened to us but it probably wasn't good.

Later on in the 90's I went to the post office in California and there was a line of course, but I saw a woman's billfold on the counter. People were just walking by it and I decided to grab it. It had $140 in cash plus all her credit cards, ID, etc. When I got home I got her number and called her to tell her I found her wallet and for some reason she didn't even seem to care or didn't show much enthusiasm. So I took it to her work (the hospital) and she gave me $40 for returning it. At the time I was making good money so the $140 didn't really mean much to me. So I did my good deed that day. :D

Another time I was riding the old electric bus in SF and I was sitting in the back seat. Those old seats could be removed real easy and I did just that out of curiosity and under the seat was a joint and a one dollar bill. Amazing!! I got stoned and then had money to satisfy the munchies. :D