For you, DRUNK

Bonham

Why are you going to Muslim countries?

it's all about celebrating diversity...cultures, foods, lifestyles, and the landscape...got a wandering spirit and it's a great big world!!

riding a camel into the sahara, sunsets over istanbul, the souks of marrakesh...the sights, the sounds, the people. i'm troubled by your negative impressions of muslims. i have found the people of morroco as some of the friendliest in the world (i.e. a woman i met on the train gave me an old family recipe and invited me to her home on my next trip there. the kids living in the hills all run up to you and show you their english textbooks from school and want to practice with you.) it's just welcome, welcome, welcome...on and on, too many experiences to list here...

the people of turkey all wanted to touch and kiss my kids hair (probably because it is fair-colored and their kids are treated like gold there... very spoiled)

i just havent seen the justification for your general negativity toward their way of life. even people living in the ancient kasbahs had electricity and tv's (even as they were trucking in water on donkeys) and even though they may not have had a mcdonalds for 200 miles they are just as happy as you or I. i've seen weddings, soccer games, ect. they are living their lives and always excited about meeting an american. (only once (in india) did i receive an "america good, george bush bad" and was a little nervous)

my neighbors here in norway have lived in iran and can't speak highly enough of how friendly the iranian people are and took several vacations there after they moved back here because it is a beautiful country. i have only known one iranian, a woman getting her phd in botany when i was in college. (so not a lot to make broad generalizations) but her husband and family came with her, hardly restrictive i'd say.

finally, my spouse has been all over the middle east for work and has had many positive experiences there. (saudi arabia, bahrain, iraq, united arab emirates,) he's currently in afganistan and says it looks just like india.(both the people and the cities)

one positive thing i will leave you with is that i have noticed how safe muslim countries are. they have very little crime (im sure due to their handling of criminal justice) but again, another positive reason to visit on top of the beautiful architecture, people and oh yea, the food is pretty awesome to boot!!!

some friends i've made along the way...

my son with amin and his mother...

s566304403_328685_9791.jpg

hussein and mohammed...

a566304403_436074_4386.jpg

this one still makes me laugh because they were ismael, ismael, ismael and hussein...two other boys ran up as i was taking the picture and can't remember their names...

a566304403_436073_3278.jpg

hope you have the chance to make some muslim friends someday...the world would be a better place...best to you drunk!!!

You should be asking her, what part of the U.S.A. do you live in, which makes you think muslim countries are no diffent than the untied states.

originally from chicago... have lived in minnesota, michigan, mississippi, florida, north carolina and washington. been to all of the other states except alaska (gonna get there some day)and hawaii. i have seen shanties in the backwoods of mississipi that rivaled those in india...

they are very different lifestyles which is why they are so spectacular to visit, yet the people are just like us... i just don't think the u.s. has cornered the market on happiness...

There's something called "tourism", and you are obviously a tourist. Not exactly an accurate view.

I've never been to a muslim country but one experience I've had with an Iranian right here in America was shocking to say the least and I know he does not represent ALL Iranians :rolleyes: anyhow it was back when the Shaw was still in control of Iran and many Iranian students would come here to go to college. This girl I knew hooked up with this guy and started dating him. The nicest friendliest guy you would ever meet. Well she ended up breaking up with the guy due to the fact her parents started to worry about her safety because the hostage situation had started up. One day we were pulling off to go to the store, this girl was friends with a girl I was seeing at the time. All of a sudden this guy jumps out of the bushes and onto the hood of the car screaming some crazy shit and shaking the car like some mad man, I had to jump out and run him off with a tire iron all the time he ran off screaming you will pay you will pay! :wtf:

Smile in you're face but watch you're back :unsure:

They have an inherent insanity. I will get slammed for this, but it is the truth. They can snap at any moment.

Also, women beware......these guys will screw you......but they'll never marry you. They will only marry one of their own kind.

Foreign women are nothing but war booty to them.

(a little small, but..) great pictures, marolyn! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've had some wonderful experiences in Muslim countries. B)

I'm not at all that surprised to hear of the hospitality with which you were met.

It's a shame that so many people have come to view all Muslims as jihadists. <_<

There's something called "tourism", and you are obviously a tourist. Not exactly an accurate view.

slapface.gif

Yeah, surely the view of a soldier.. who's there killing people and blowing things

up.. is a more "accurate view" of the native people and their culture,.. huh, DRUNK?

..no doubt the soldier's view during an invasion and subsequent occupation provides him

an "accurate view" of the Muslim people and their country under normal conditions, right?

:rolleyes:

Oh come on! She is obviously a biased tourist. Call my experiences whatever you want, but the evidence is there that there is extreme violence and human rights violations in every part of the world where there are Muslims. The Islamic system of living is well documented and easy to understand. This system is consistent among Muslims.

You'll meet "nice" people all over the world. You are pretty gullible if you meet some nice people in a place and assume this is how they all are.

Especially when Turkey and Morroco are heavy tourist destinations............marolyn

You'll meet "nice" people all over the world. You are pretty gullible if you meet some nice people in a place and assume this is how they all are.

She didn't say, or even infer, that she thinks "they're all nice"; she merely shared

some of her experiences of meeting Muslims who are genuinely warm and friendly.

You on the other hand,.. prejudiced as you are,.. assume that ALL Muslims are violent.

I'd say you're "inherently insane", but that would absolve you of any responsibility.

So instead, DRUNK, I say you're willfully ignorant, bigotted, and hateful. <_<

If so your doing them a real disservice.

My how things have changed in 100 years :huh:

5bb0a5aa.jpg

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

She didn't say, or even infer, that she thinks "they're all nice"; she merely shared

some of her experiences of meeting Muslims who are genuinely warm and friendly.

You on the other hand,.. prejudiced as you are,.. assume that ALL Muslims are violent.

I'd say you're "inherently insane", but that would absolve you of any responsibility.

So instead, DRUNK, I say you're willfully ignorant, bigotted, and hateful. <_<

Oh please Hermit. She was trying to use those examples in order to try and make it seem like Muslims all over the world are wonderful, friendly, nonviolent people. That was the agenda, so don't try to make it seems any different.

I'm not prejudiced at all, and I never sad nor think ALL Muslims are violent. It seems like one of the only ways you people can counter different views are by calling them "prejudiced, racist, bigots, etc". The things I say are quite well thought out, Hermit. I view everything as objectively as possible, and I use my experiences heavily, but still question everything about those experiences, and analyze them OBJECTIVELY. Unfortunately, sometimes there are certain conclusions about things that are reached, and that can be extremely disheartening. Unlike a lot of people, I face the truth, and don't pretend like these things don't exist. The world is not a happy place Hermit, and not all people, groups, religions, countries are "good".

Oh please Hermit. She was trying to use those examples in order to try and make it seem like Muslims all over the world are wonderful, friendly, nonviolent people. That was the agenda, so don't try to make it seems any different.

Get a clue, DRUNK,.. there ARE Muslims all over the world who are wonderful, friendly, nonviolent people. That doesn't mean ALL Muslims all over the world are wonderful, friendly, nonviolent people, nor does it mean that marolyn was suggesting that to be the case. But surely,.. wonderful, friendly, non-violent Muslims can be found all over the world. Can you identify even one country anywhere in the world in which no wonderful, friendly, non-violent Muslims could be found?

Didn't think so. ;)

Rather than assuming you know what marolyn's agenda is, you

might take a close look at what your own agenda might be, dude.

I'm not prejudiced at all, and I never sad nor think ALL Muslims are violent. It seems like one of the only ways you people can counter different views are by calling them "prejudiced, racist, bigots, etc".

Bullshit, DRUNK. I call your views racist, bigoted and prejudiced not because they're

different views than my own, but because they're racist, bigoted, and prejudiced views.

You've been making broad, unrealistic, unfair, generalizations. You're stereotyping Muslims and are defending those stereotypes. Examples: "they're stupid"; "they're uneducated"; "they're illiterate"; "they're inherently insane"; "they're violent"; "they'll fuck you but they won't marry you", etc, etc, etc. Not one of those characterizations applies to every Muslim. To suggest otherwise, as you have been consistently doing, is racist and bigoted.

If you don't think all Muslims are violent, why do you argue against the point being made that that not all Muslims are violent? Why don't you simply acknowledge that "there ARE some peaceful.. warm, friendly, wonderful.. Muslims"?

I bet you can't bring yourself to say that,.. can you? :whistling:

..go ahead.. try.

munchies.gif

^_^

The things I say are quite well thought out, Hermit. I view everything as objectively as possible, and I use my experiences heavily, but still question everything about those experiences, and analyze them OBJECTIVELY. Unfortunately, sometimes there are certain conclusions about things that are reached, and that can be extremely disheartening. Unlike a lot of people, I face the truth, and don't pretend like these things don't exist. The world is not a happy place Hermit, and not all people, groups, religions, countries are "good".

No, the things you say are not all well-thought out.. and are certainly not all objective. Far from it. Apparently you've got yourself pretty well self-deluded into believing you're being objective though.

Face this truth.. objectively.. if you can, bud: many of the things you say are bigoted.

By the way.. if you think Muslims are so behind-the-times stupid,.. how do you explain the fact that a group of radical extremist Muslims had the ability to mastermind a plan to bring down the twin towers and to successfully execute that plan? If Muslims are so stupid, why do you fear the capacity of radical extremist Muslims to develop and deliver nuclear weapons? If Muslims are so stupid, how have radical extremist illiterate Muslims managed to rope-a-dope the US military in Iraq for going on 5 years and counting?

If Muslims are so stupid,.. how do you account for such beautiful literary/cultural creations as:

"If anyone asks you

how the perfect satisfaction

of all our sexual wanting

will look, lift your face

and say,

Like this.

When someone mentions the gracefulness

of the nightsky, climb up on the roof

and dance and say,

Like this.

If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,

or what "God’s fragrance" means,

lean your head toward him or her.

Keep your face there close.

Like this.

When someone quotes the old poetic image

about clouds gradually uncovering the moon,

slowly loosen knot by knot the strings

of your robe.

Like this.

If anyone wonders how Jesus raised the dead,

don’t try to explain the miracle.

Kiss me on the lips.

Like this. Like this.

When someone asks what it means

to "die for love," point

here.

If someone asks how tall I am, frown

and measure with your fingers the space

between the creases on your forehead.

This tall.

The soul sometimes leaves the body, then returns.

When someone doesn’t believe that,

walk back into my house.

Like this.

When lovers moan,

they’re telling our story.

Like this.

I am a sky where spirits live.

Stare into this deepening blue,

while the breeze says a secret.

Like this.

When someone asks what there is to do,

light the candle in his hand.

Like this."

~Rumi

"Let go of your worries

and be completely clear-hearted,

like the face of a mirror

that contains no images.

If you want a clear mirror,

behold yourself

and see the shameless truth,

which the mirror reflects.

If metal can be polished

to a mirror-like finish,

what polishing might the mirror

of the heart require?

Between the mirror and the heart

is this single difference:

the heart conceals secrets,

while the mirror does not."

~Rumi

"Rumi, was a philosopher and mystic of Islam. His doctrine advocates unlimited tolerance, positive reasoning, goodness, charity and awareness through love. To him and to his disciples all religions are more or less truth. Looking with the same eye on Moslem, Jew and Christian alike, his peaceful and tolerant teaching has appealed to men of all sects and creeds. Rumi was born on 30 September 1207 in Balkh in present day Afghanistan. He died on 17 December 1273 in Konya in present day Turkey.

The doctrines of Sufism are expression in his symbolic works and those of Hafiz. His major work is "Masnavi-ye Manavi" (Spiritual Couplets), a six-volume poem regarded by many Sufis as second in importance only to the Koran.

Rumi's importance is considered to transcend national and ethnic borders. His original works are widely read in the original language across the Persian-speaking world. Translations of his works are very popular in South Asian, Turkic, Arab and Western countries. His poetry has influenced Persian literature as well as Urdu, Bengali and Turkish literatures. His poems have been widely translated into many of the world's languages in various formats, and BBC News has described him as the "most popular poet in America" " [source: wikip.]

Not all Muslims are stupid, DRUNK.

Nor are they all illiterate; nor "inherently insane"; nor violent; nor anything

else that you might,.. out of your own ignorance,.. suggest them all to be.

"behold yourself

and see the shameless truth,

which the mirror reflects."

:hippy:

:blink::blink::blink: agenda???

traveling as a tourist?...absolutely...you should try it...go to a muslim country and sit down in a park armed only with a translation dictionary and see what happens...your life just may be enrichened...i know mine has...

the only agenda i have is to pass along some peace, love and understanding...try it, it just might make you smile...salaam alaykum :wub:

my daughter with some more scary muslims...

n566304403_437308_8475.jpg

:blink::blink::blink: agenda???

traveling as a tourist?...absolutely...you should try it...go to a muslim country and sit down in a park armed only with a translation dictionary and see what happens...your life just may be enrichened...i know mine has...

the only agenda i have is to pass along some peace, love and understanding...try it, it just might make you smile...salaam alaykum :wub:

my daughter with some more scary muslims...

n566304403_437308_8475.jpg

Those kids sure look like killers to me....

;)

I know it's an extremely tired cliche, but there are good and bad people in all walks of life. Problem is, only the bad ones make the news.

go to a muslim country and sit down in a park armed only with a translation dictionary and see what happens...your life just may be enrichened...i know mine has...

You must be on drugs.

You were a tourist in tourist destinations. But, keep going to Muslim countries. I would recommend traveling farther than the tourist spots, ya know, to get the more complete picture. Hopefully you don't get.............well, you can use your imagination.

Allah hu Akbar

http://www.stumbleupon.com/demo/?review=1#...ope/7344381.stm

An Italian woman artist who was hitch-hiking to the Middle East dressed as a bride to promote world peace has been found murdered in Turkey.

The naked body of Giuseppina Pasqualino di Marineo, 33, known as Pippa Bacca, was found in bushes near the northern city of Gebze on Friday.

She had said she wanted to show that she could put her trust in the kindness of local people.

Turkish police say they have detained a man in connection with the killing.

Reports say the man led the police to the body.

Autopsy

Ms di Marineo was hitch-hiking from Milan to Israel and the Palestinian Territories with a fellow artist on their "Brides on Tour" project.

They had separated in Istanbul, planning to reunite in Beirut.

map

Ms di Marineo was last seen on 31 March in Gebze.

An Italian embassy official told the Associated Press news agency police tracked the man when he put a new SIM card into Ms di Marineo's mobile phone.

Local media identified the suspect only by the initials MK and said he had a previous conviction for theft.

Ms di Marineo's sister, who had gone to Turkey to look for her, identified the body. An autopsy is being conducted in Istanbul.

"Her travels were for an artistic performance and to give a message of peace and of trust, but not everyone deserves trust," another sister, Maria, told the Italian news agency, Ansa.

hmmm??? maybe it would be better if i went home to chicago....

CHICAGO (WLS) -- At least 37 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend. Eight of the shootings were fatal.

Chicago police received dozens of 911 calls about the gun violence around the city this weekend. They acknowledge that 37 shootings is a big number for a three-day period.

Six people were hit in three separate shootings late Sunday night on the city's West Side.

At about 10:30 p.m., witnesses say a car pulled up to a group of men standing on the corner of 21st and California and someone inside the car started shooting. A 26-year-old construction worker was killed and two of his friends were wounded.

hmmm??? maybe it would be better if i went home to chicago....

CHICAGO (WLS) -- At least 37 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend. Eight of the shootings were fatal.

Chicago police received dozens of 911 calls about the gun violence around the city this weekend. They acknowledge that 37 shootings is a big number for a three-day period.

Six people were hit in three separate shootings late Sunday night on the city's West Side.

At about 10:30 p.m., witnesses say a car pulled up to a group of men standing on the corner of 21st and California and someone inside the car started shooting. A 26-year-old construction worker was killed and two of his friends were wounded.

I cant believe someone would have the nerve to kill this kind woman!!! This is why the U.S has some reason on being there..you people should get a grip on how women are treated.

and about the shootings in chicago...lol my sister went on a school trip to vist that love city just a couple of days after...she got to see Capone's crib and where the Valentine shooting took place :)...One of her fellow student was sent to hospital for alcohol poisoning!!!lol (just imagine, a Candian visiting the U.S and having to come home with a hospital bill.)

Archived