What songs were or are still banned to be played on radio in what countries for what reasons?

led_zep_girl_92

this one occured in the land of free speech...have posted this one before, inaccurately attributed to the nixon years...(was a little young to remember it clearly) :D

...she discusses how the idea for the song came to her in the video at the beginning

She disappeared suddenly from the mainstream American airwaves during the Lyndon Johnson years. As part of a blacklist which affected Eartha Kitt, Taj Mahal and a host of other outspoken performers, her name was included on White House stationery as among those whose music "deserved to be suppressed".

Welcome LZG,

I am also a new member and I live in the Oberpfalz. The radio stations here really suck, they play mostly top 10 crap. Do you live in a big city? Usually the large cities have privately owned stations that cater to one genre. I have never heard of LZ being black listed from any radio stations but I could be wrong. Prost und willkommen!

Willkommen and Hi,it seems wherever you are in the world you'll be hit by Top 10 Crap.If possible try to buy a radio that recieves different bands besides the AM/FM bands/frequency,you'll be able to hear music from all over the world,any country any genre.Do a bit of research and for a few extra $ you can tune into anything you want,obviously this is available on-line too,but hard to carry around on your shoulder. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have remedied that, if you are into underground classic rock you can stream at 3WK. They play very obscure classic rock.

http://www.3wk.com/

Try also this- I hope it will work. I´m listening to this station at work. They play a classic rock of the 60´ and the 70´- a lot of Led Zeppelin too.

http://www.abradio.cz/radio/18/radio-oldies-rock

I really would like to know if there are banned songs; because even the classic Rock radio station I sometimes listen to never plays Led Zeppelin! :'(

On the IVth album, made in Korea, the song Misty Mountain Hop was censored and not included!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reporting from Finland:

all LZ songs seem to be banned here for commercial reasons. We only have commercial radio stations and radio stations who feel they must play the same stuff as the commercial ones do. So no Zeppelin for us.

Hearing LZ on the airwaves here is such a rare occasion that I actually remember the both times. Last one was in the fall of 2006, the one before that was over 10 years ago and I can't remember for sure if it was summer or fall. And I am not joking.

It's a ridiculous situation, the stations are funded by big record companies who only want to sell us new artists.

Reporting from Finland:

all LZ songs seem to be banned here for commercial reasons. We only have commercial radio stations and radio stations who feel they must play the same stuff as the commercial ones do. So no Zeppelin for us.

Hearing LZ on the airwaves here is such a rare occasion that I actually remember the both times. Last one was in the fall of 2006, the one before that was over 10 years ago and I can't remember for sure if it was summer or fall. And I am not joking.

It's a ridiculous situation, the stations are funded by big record companies who only want to sell us new artists.

Actually I think Radio Rock plays Led Zeppelin songs almost everyday. Though I have only heard Stairway, Black Dog and Rock and Roll.

Archived