Do the negative rumors freak you out a little?

All these negative rumors about the rehersal problems are starting to bother me.....do you think the boys...esp. JIMMY...are going to be able to play great that night....I really don't want to spend all this $$$ and then see a poor performance...do you think they're true or are people just trying to cause problems...thoughts?

Yeah I know what you mean.

I can't really tell, and no one can really except for those 4 gentleman, if something is an issue or not.

What I do know is that rumors can easily escalate and by the time the rumor gets to the media, who knows how much it has morphed.

So unless it's a direct quote in believable context, don't give any weight to it.

Gosh there are rumors about good rehearsals too. So which one are we supposed to believe?

Of course, it's easier to be worried about bad rehearsals.

I don't know if anyone has to worry about good rehearsals unless it's people who want to see them fail.

But why would someone want that?

I'd like to know.

Thank You

if i took a wild guess id say jimmy didnt fracture his finger. and that extra time was needed for whatever they were working on. hell maybe they snuck in the studio for a one off album? and since all of the other musicians on the bill understand the significance of this event they arent going to argue against it.

too bad i dont have a ticket so i guess ill never find out

All these negative rumors about the rehersal problems are starting to bother me.....do you think the boys...esp. JIMMY...are going to be able to play great that night....I really don't want to spend all this $$$ and then see a poor performance...do you think they're true or are people just trying to cause problems...thoughts?

I was told that those who spend twice the amount more then you, will be reassured by Jimmy himself that he will play great that night. :blink:

I was told that those who spend twice the amount more then you, will be reassured by Jimmy himself that he will play great that night. :blink:

OK... so is this :blink: supposed to be telling me that I'm being a bozo for worrying....I have the right to be concerned and BTW, you have no clue how much I've spent, do you?

Jimmy is amazing but, since 1980, he does have a bad habit of playing poorly when the spotlight is brightest (yes, he was great a during the P/P tour, Outrider, etc. but total shit during Live Aid and the 40th AAC).....I still can't wait but after hearing how they had all this momentum going :D and (after Jimmy's finger thing) that things aren't going great :unsure: ....YES...I'M FUCKING CONCERNED!!! :angry:

P.S. It might be the last time I see my idol, JP, so I really hope he blows us away!!!

OK... so is this :blink: supposed to be telling me that I'm being a bozo for worrying....I have the right to be concerned and BTW, you have no clue how much I've spent, do you?

Jimmy is amazing but, since 1980, he does have a bad habit of playing poorly when the spotlight is brightest (yes, he was great a during the P/P tour, Outrider, etc. but total shit during Live Aid and the 40th AAC).....I still can't wait but after hearing how they had all this momentum going :D and (after Jimmy's finger thing) that things aren't going great :unsure: ....YES...I'M FUCKING CONCERNED!!! :angry:

P.S. It might be the last time I see my idol, JP, so I really hope he blows us away!!!

I don't care how much you spent. You know how much I spent when he failed to show twice in

2006? At least he's gonna show up for this one. I absolutely agree with you that they simply do

not come through when the chips are down and they've got to play the BIG GIG under the white

hot spotlights. It's the primary reason, by the way, that I have said from day one this was a

bad idea. The paradox is it is arguably the primary reason why they should it, aside from paying

tribute to Ahmet. Here's hoping they get it right this time!

No, here's why.

Roberts voice changed a long time ago. Years and years ago.

I have read from a couple different sources that JP and the rest of the gang got together secretly several times before there was even a hint that they would do the O2 and the hardest part was keeping that a secret.

New instruments have been made. It takes a long time to make quality instruments.

Rehearsals have been going on for months.

They didn't agree to do just a few songs.

The agreed to a full 2 hour set.

This has all been carefully thought out and organized.

JP and the rest of the gang look cool as cucumbers.

...If you are worried, you can give me your tix. :D

I don't care how much you spent.

Well how sweet of you B) .......I feel you though..I 've seen Jimmy four times but I was most excited to see him when I had 5th row seats to see Page and the Crowes....I was finally gonna be up close to one of the gods... BUT then he cancelled the tour supposedly because of his back....BUT then he's on Jay Leno playing that very night and he was dancing around with his wife at my friend's club in LA...bad back my ass....wasn't he and the Robinsons starting to have problems? Anyway, I just hope that play well enough to shut the critics up finally!!!

P.S. I'm not worried about RP's voice...I've seen the guy 8 times and not once did he sound bad...IMOF, he was GREAT!!!

If you have any doubts about whether or not they can still play, watch the No Quarter, Unledded DVD.

Yeah but they rehearsed for like a year there ....I'm just concerned more about Jimmy then anyone else (esp. if he really did break his finger).....I know it sounds corny but he's the only guy I've idolized and I don't want him to look bad (too many people saw him only at the two past reunions and think he's shot.....having no clue how great he was when touring with Plant).....I'm sure he'll be great......I hope!!! <_<

I think they have been rehearsing for a year or close to it for this reunion. I could be wrong but it seems like this has been in the works for a long time, although I don't have much proof.

I love JP too and don't want him to look bad either.

Did you see that vid where he was moving his pinky and looking laid back?

If he's not worried, I'm not.

If you have any doubts about whether or not they can still play, watch the No Quarter, Unledded DVD.

Well they were pretty good at that show...but that was really like what 13 years ago?

I'm in full support of them, but a lot of time has passed since then.

Who knows, he may be better.

Well they were pretty good at that show...but that was really like what 13 years ago?

I'm in full support of them, but a lot of time has passed since then.

Who knows, he may be better.

I don't think they "forgot" how to play their songs.

Jeez, they are a little older, not invalids.

There are plenty of artists in their age group who still rock.

if jimmy hits a solo like "babe im gonna leave you" from the 90's(can't get the exact date...sorry).....they will prevail....Plant felt it

I remember that...BTW, I wasn't happy with JP's playing on the NO Q DVD (he was just a little off) and I really didn't like him on a lot of the official Crowes/Page at the Greek (some of the solos were weak).....of course, on tour for both albums, he was fucking AMAZING!!!!

Where have you heard these rumors?

I don't think they "forgot" how to play their songs.

Jeez, they are a little older, not invalids.

There are plenty of artists in their age group who still rock.

Most of the greats still rock: Clapton, the Who, Floyd, Plant, etc.

[

quote name=Wolfman' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:40 AM' post='14665]

I was most excited to see him when I had 5th row seats to see Page and the Crowes....I was finally gonna be up close to one of the gods... BUT then he cancelled the tour supposedly because of his back....BUT then he's on Jay Leno playing that very night and he was dancing around with his wife at my friend's club in LA...bad back my ass....wasn't he and the Robinsons starting to have problems?

-------------------------------------------------------

Just a few words on this, Wolfie.

First, if there were problems with The Robinson's don't you think he would have bailed out of the second leg during the mid-tour break (Jul 12-Aug 10 2000)? Why fly all that gear and personnel across the Atlantic, only to then fly from LA to Albuquerque for the gig on Aug 12th before flying back to LA to perform on the Jay Leno Show in Burbank on August 14th? Why would they fight him; he was helping them out after their label dropped them and they could'nt get signed.

Jimmy stayed at the Sunset Marquis, so it is quite plausible that after the Jay Leno recording (which began around 5pm), he would go out that evening to unwind. Reportedly, he injured his back that night and the next day's show in Irvine was postponed, as well as the remaining dates.

If you held tickets for the original Phoenix date on Aug 13th, then switched to Aug 14th and then cancelled by tour promoter SFX on July 8th, please note that city was sacrificed to afford them the appearance on the Leno Show. Canx of Phoenix had nothing to do with the back injury.

He did see a physical therapist in England and as a result of insurance stipulations placed on the tour could not perform for a period of six months following the tour's cancellation.

You won't believe this, but I've got a reputation among some for being cynical. However, even I can accept he really did injure his back. Believe me, the insurance agents were all over it.

ehh wolfman........Crowes and page?......yeah it was ok Just like saying Page/Fred durst(you seen it. dont lie)......~*~but none of them were there~*~......see...all the lower keys would of been right on in an album(and they say...drummers mean nothing) ...if Bonham was around they would of been better than the "Stones".......to the "T"..........Listen....it's the energy. people can say else wise, i don't know if i can say this but.........F$$k em......Picture this....I saw AC/DC out preform the stones 100 times over......and if that was a stint.......I might as well play the same drum fills the rest of my life.

Negative rumors can honk on Bo-Bo

Archived