The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

Alright, let's start fresh with a new beer thread!

Ally, what have you been drinking? Fill me in!

Well as you know, not much lately but on the weekend tried a Newport Nut Brown that was brewed at the pub Babs and I were at on Sat. Very dark in colour with a nice creamy head. Lots of flavour which was a bit of a suprise to me as I have found that brew pub beer can leave a little to be desired when it comes to full bodied taste...very good and will definately have it again. Also rediscovered Russell Cream Ale which I haven't been able to find for ages. Another old favorite that went down quite nicely, thank you :D

I go to the track for an hour and something happens to the original beer thread?

I bought a 12 pack of Blue Moon for me and the bf, he barely got any.

It's a nice beer. Nice change of pace

I acquired a couple of bottles of this one, a good barley wine, I'm looking forward to trying it...

Dark Horse 3 Guys Off The Scale barley wine

Looks interesting. I noticed on the old thread that you were not that fond of Hoegaarden. Did you get bottles or did you try it on tap ? IMHO it is a much better beer on tap but it does take a little getting used to. Most people either love it or hate it.There's not a lot of middle ground with it. I love it on tap myself

I'm having an Anderson Valley Brewing Hop Ottin' IPA. I really like their Boont Amber. This one is quite good too.

Last night I tried the Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, a brown ale aged in wooden brewing vessels. It's amazing.

Looks interesting. I noticed on the old thread that you were not that fond of Hoegaarden. Did you get bottles or did you try it on tap ? IMHO it is a much better beer on tap but it does take a little getting used to. Most people either love it or hate it.There's not a lot of middle ground with it. I love it on tap myself

Had it in a bottle, I haven't seen it on tap, but if I do, I'll certainly try it.

Great idea, i need to buy a six pack today. I'm not sure what i'm in the mood for. I would love to find Shiner Bock. I haven't had one in about 10 years, so delicious. Hard to find in my area. Anyone here ever try it?

I love my beer very cold. I usually put it in the freezer for 15 minutes before i drink it (after it's already been refrigerated). I drink liquor very seldom, so the thought of it right now is very appealing.

I've never had a Bock that wasn't totally satisfying. Not that one of anything could really be satisfying, but you know what I mean. Putting any beer in the freezer can be traumatic, though - if you forget it and remember a few hours later! I only keep the hard stuff for shots in the freezer - I know that never solidifies...

I was drinking Kilkenny Irish Ale at the pub with ally before I switched to Lemon Heart.

Always nice but I can only drink about 3 before they start to fill me up.

Kilkenny is a very nice smooth ale that I enjoy as well. My oldest son and his friends usually buy it or Guinness.

Well, I worked out my trade for some Westvleteren 12, it's on its way!! Pretty pricey, with what I gave up for it, and the shipping costs...but I have to try it, and it's a supply/demand thing, there is NO supply since it's only available for purchase at the monastery, and the only way to get it is "after-market".

#1 beer in the world baby, comin' my way!

Westy 12

Kilkenny is a very nice smooth ale that I enjoy as well. My oldest son and his friends usually buy it or Guinness.

Mmm.. Guinness, I love that beer. I think that's my favourite...

I also like:

-Budweiser

-Corona - I think the Mexico People are Agree...

coronaNOVA_pro.jpg

-Heineken

-Navigator - Amsterdam with 8.4%

navigator.png

And I want to know the Maximator

Maximator.jpg

-Antares (very very nice beer) The Three kind are NICE!

ANTARES1.jpg

-Iguana (although is not very good)

1582.jpg

And I want more... :beer:

This is the new official beer of my union and i never tried it since i really haven't went out and drink in two years. Does anybody have opinion on this beer. I always try to find it, but i usually give up once i walk pass the rolling rock shelf

fat1.jpg

Fat Tire

This is the new official beer of my union and i never tried it since i really haven't went out and drink in two years. Does anybody have opinion on this beer. I always try to find it, but i usually give up once i walk pass the rolling rock shelf

fat1.jpg

Fat Tire

It's very good. I drink it quite a bit when I'm in the States. My niece turned me on to it a few years ago and my love affair with American microbrews was born out of Fat Tire

I wonder if you Aussis out there know this beer??!! :)

10133.jpg

I posted on the old thread about KB just before it got pulled but I've had it. It came in a quart can and I loved it. Big Beer was another one that I really enjoyed

I've never had a Bock that wasn't totally satisfying. Not that one of anything could really be satisfying, but you know what I mean. Putting any beer in the freezer can be traumatic, though - if you forget it and remember a few hours later! I only keep the hard stuff for shots in the freezer - I know that never solidifies...

I can't seem to find them where i live. I checked their website and noticed there are quite a few varieties. Do you have a favorite? I have only had the one kind. Would love one right now.

I have forgotten a beer in the freezer at times. It makes good ice cubes in your beer (but you need a knife to get it out of the bottle) or it then has to sit and thaw out, lol.