My Thoughts on the Topic at Hand

Ever since Bonham died Led Zeppelin was put to rest and none of them could go on without the loss of their beloved drummer. Whether they could not find someone of equal caliber or simply because the loss was too much, either way it was over. In the end something always drew them back because while technically, there was no official "reunion" they continued to play LZ tunes over the years. Now I'm sure everyone is angry at Robert Plant (whether we want to admit it or not, myself included) for not wanting to tour with LZ. What some people need to realize is that maybe it isn't something he wants to do anymore, maybe all these years he has been desperately trying to move on and start a new chapter, but in the end he failed because he kept getting drawn back to play one more time. But now it seems that he has succeeded, ever since pairing up with Alison Krauss he has been able to start a new chapter in his life. Plant likes what he is doing and enjoys doing it which is all that should matter to us. It isn't fair for us to be angry or mad with him because simply he just wants to move on and finally he has found the chance.

Led Zeppelin is in his past and the only thing in his present right now is Alison Krauss. Although things look grim it isn't un-human to want to relive your past again, so maybe one day when Plant begins to reminisce, there could always be that one small spark in his heart that may want to sing one last tune.

Now I'm sure everyone is angry at Robert Plant (whether we want to admit it or not, myself included) for not wanting to tour with LZ. It isn't fair for us to be angry or mad with him because simply he just wants to move on and finally he has found the chance.

I had to paraphrase that so I could respond. I, for one, am not angry with Robert in the slightest sense of the word. Not even remotely. The respect I feel for Led Zeppelin as a whole completely squashes any feelings of anger. Not that I had any anger to begin with. I try to look at the big picture here. Look at the legacy that Zep left us. Four incredible musicians came together for a time and left our minds totally overcome with their work. Not only that but we have all their studio work, the DVD, TSRTS and a few of us have some great bootlegs.

Would I love to see them mount another tour? Hell yes! Will I be mad if they don't? Nope. Regardless of what Robert has to do with any of that is beside the point. I'm quite content with what Led Zeppelin left me.

fair statment but you contradic your self...

Yes I do, but there is still the slightest chance it may still happen, that is all I was trying to say

I had to paraphrase that so I could respond. I, for one, am not angry with Robert in the slightest sense of the word. Not even remotely. The respect I feel for Led Zeppelin as a whole completely squashes any feelings of anger. Not that I had any anger to begin with. I try to look at the big picture here. Look at the legacy that Zep left us. Four incredible musicians came together for a time and left our minds totally overcome with their work. Not only that but we have all their studio work, the DVD, TSRTS and a few of us have some great bootlegs.

Would I love to see them mount another tour? Hell yes! Will I be mad if they don't? Nope. Regardless of what Robert has to do with any of that is beside the point. I'm quite content with what Led Zeppelin left me.

Yeah that is exactly what I meant, at first I'm sure everyone was mad, but we have to look at it from Plant's point of view, it may not be the most pressing issue on his mind as of now.

Actually, the quote from the band after Bonham's passing was "could not allow us to continue as we were". Now that doesn't say "never play together again". They aren't as they were. They are as they are. And no, I've never been angry at Robert or anyone else. I'm not that selfish. It is what it is, and whatever they collectively or separately or in pairs do will always be exciting for me. I'm just one of those people who likes their individual talents so much that I get all warm and happy whenever I hear them.

Even in a Cadillac commercial. :ph34r:

Actually, the quote from the band after Bonham's passing was "could not allow us to continue as we were". Now that doesn't say "never play together again". They aren't as they were. They are as they are. And no, I've never been angry at Robert or anyone else. I'm not that selfish. It is what it is, and whatever they collectively or separately or in pairs do will always be exciting for me. I'm just one of those people who likes their individual talents so much that I get all warm and happy whenever I hear them.

Yes I know what the exact quote is, but I was just going off on how I interpreted it, if that is okay.

Yes I know what the exact quote is, but I was just going off on how I interpreted it, if that is okay.

Of COURSE it's okay! :D

I wasn't disrespecting your point of view. Just adding mine. I know there's a lot of bashing here, but I wasn't saying you're wrong, nor was I suggesting you don't have the right to your opinion. Not at all!

Peace, Ev :beer:

Of COURSE it's okay! :D

I wasn't disrespecting your point of view. Just adding mine. I know there's a lot of bashing here, but I wasn't saying you're wrong, nor was I suggesting you don't have the right to your opinion. Not at all!

Peace, Ev :beer:

I am pretty dam sure I read somewhere where they couldn't find someone to replace him, cause they were so close and they already had the chemistry it just wouldn't have worked and I'm sure none of us would have liked it.

I am pretty dam sure I read somewhere where they couldn't find someone to replace him, cause they were so close and they already had the chemistry it just wouldn't have worked and I'm sure none of us would have liked it.

Jason wasn't old enough to tour at the time!

Yes, that was the sentiment. And rightly so. Zeppelin as it was ceased to exist. And I agree, if they'd got some guy at the time and carried on, it wouldn't have had the heart. Bonzo was the beating heart of the band. I do however think as time has passed, that it isn't a crime for the band to play with Jason. There's a legacy to be preserved and with who better to do it? So many people are crying sellout, or for the money. The O2 was for charity. And if there's more to come, it sure ain't for the dollars. It's for the joy of it. JPJ said that first rehearsal with Jason was like going back in time to 1968 when they first lit it up. If it's exciting for them, then go for it! If not, leave it be. That's my take. I was in the "don't do it" camp for years. But after seeing the O2 show, I know there's still gold in them thar hills. If they feel up to mining it, let em! :beer:

I realise this was not completely on topic, but I was on a roll. Please excuse my rant. :beer:

Ever since Bonham died Led Zeppelin was put to rest and none of them could go on without the loss of their beloved drummer. Whether they could not find someone of equal caliber or simply because the loss was too much, either way it was over. In the end something always drew them back because while technically, there was no official "reunion" they continued to play LZ tunes over the years. Now I'm sure everyone is angry at Robert Plant (whether we want to admit it or not, myself included) for not wanting to tour with LZ. What some people need to realize is that maybe it isn't something he wants to do anymore, maybe all these years he has been desperately trying to move on and start a new chapter, but in the end he failed because he kept getting drawn back to play one more time. But now it seems that he has succeeded, ever since pairing up with Alison Krauss he has been able to start a new chapter in his life. Plant likes what he is doing and enjoys doing it which is all that should matter to us. It isn't fair for us to be angry or mad with him because simply he just wants to move on and finally he has found the chance.

Led Zeppelin is in his past and the only thing in his present right now is Alison Krauss. Although things look grim it isn't un-human to want to relive your past again, so maybe one day when Plant begins to reminisce, there could always be that one small spark in his heart that may want to sing one last tune.

RIP John Bonham

Peaches in the summer time apples in the fall

if I can't have the girl I love I don't want none at all

shady grove my little love shady grove I know

shady grove my little love I'm bound for shady grove

I wish I had a banjo string made of golden twine

every tune I play on it I wish that girl was mine

I wish I had a needle and thread as fine as I could sew

sew that pretty gal to my side and down the road I'd go

some come here to fiddle and dance some come here to tarry

some come here to fiddle and dance I come here to marry

every night when I go home wife I try to please her

the more I try the worse she gets

damned if I don't leave her

shady grove my little love shady grove my darling

shady grove my little love I'm going back to Harlan

Doc Watson

Yes, that was the sentiment. And rightly so. Zeppelin as it was ceased to exist. And I agree, if they'd got some guy at the time and carried on, it wouldn't have had the heart. Bonzo was the beating heart of the band. I do however think as time has passed, that it isn't a crime for the band to play with Jason. There's a legacy to be preserved and with who better to do it? So many people are crying sellout, or for the money. The O2 was for charity. And if there's more to come, it sure ain't for the dollars. It's for the joy of it. JPJ said that first rehearsal with Jason was like going back in time to 1968 when they first lit it up. If it's exciting for them, then go for it! If not, leave it be. That's my take. I was in the "don't do it" camp for years. But after seeing the O2 show, I know there's still gold in them thar hills. If they feel up to mining it, let em! :beer:

I realise this was not completely on topic, but I was on a roll. Please excuse my rant. :beer:

Nah its fine, I completely agree, there is nobody better than his son and if they enjoy it then go for it, but it definately isn't for the money, I just read on another topic that Plant turned down $150 Million to get back together with Led Zeppelin, they may not "officially" get back but we may still get lucky and see a few more "one off" concerts.

Nah its fine, I completely agree, there is nobody better than his son and if they enjoy it then go for it, but it definately isn't for the money, I just read on another topic that Plant turned down $150 Million to get back together with Led Zeppelin, they may not "officially" get back but we may still get lucky and see a few more "one off" concerts.

And I hope we do! :D

Besides, when you've already got 10s of millions, why compromise? Yeah, that's shameless greed. Robert doesn't need the money. Jimmy doesn't need the money. Don't know how well off JPJ is, or the Bonham estate. Fairly certain they're just fine. I just know Page and Plant have money to burn. It's a matter of record. Which is to say, Robert can afford to do what makes him happy on this page of his musical journey. And if another Zeppelin reunion is in the future, it's because all of them have renewed enthusiasm. When you already have the money, that's the only real reason afterall! :beer:

I liked the Cadillac commerical too. :unsure:

Rock 'n Roll and Cadillacs just go together.

Edited to say, well, the old Caddies, anyway...

thats all fine and dandy, but what is the point of this thread?

Nothing really, just wanted to write out my thoughts and why not post them too, sorry if you found this a real waste of time, I'm sure it is something everybody already knows.

Nothing really, just wanted to write out my thoughts and why not post them too, sorry if you found this a real waste of time, I'm sure it is something everybody already knows.

Your post was definitely NOT a waste of anyone's time. Excellent points brought up by you and others. My two cents is that it's easy to get frustrated with Robert, but, as he said in an interview a few months ago, a reunion tour has to be for the right reasons. That has nothing to do with money, but an honest passion to play and create music again.

Archived