2 Drummer sets!

Olipticle

I have been watching the 2007 Crossroads dvd's and clapton has been useing two drummers is some of the songs towards the end of the dvd. I thought this was really cool and a good watch for anyone! Check it out im pretty sure you can youtube it if you dont have the dvd.

Most bands work better if they use one drummer and a percussionist, if you ever see a Progressive Rock band "3" from NY State, they use a drummer and percussionist and it works very nicely. Also, Pink Floyd has a percussionist in addition to Nick Mason on their PULSE dvd...

I have been watching the 2007 Crossroads dvd's and clapton has been useing two drummers is some of the songs towards the end of the dvd. I thought this was really cool and a good watch for anyone! Check it out im pretty sure you can youtube it if you dont have the dvd.

I know what you mean, is excelent. I don't know if youtube have a good viedo, but the DVD is amazing.

I believe I saw a video of The Allman Brothers Band playing a song live, and they used two drummers. I thought it was cool too, but it just sounded like one drummer. Nothing too special. I guess if you don't do it well, it ends up being like having two bass drums as opposed to a double bass pedal. Looks cool, but in the end it doesn't matter.

When I saw Santana, he had several percussionists, using a great variety of instruments - it was intense! But any more than one musician playing the same type of standard drum set is completely unneccessary, to me. I think Mickey Hart sucks, regardless of how nice a guy or knowledgeable about music history he is...

Well the only one i have seen recently was the clapton one and the two drummers where in sync most of the time but both filled in different parts of the song. Its good if you have more then 2 guitarist's on stage as the drums might need an extra kick to be heard well. But all in all A great way to present and play live

In the later days of King Crimson... the album Larks Tongues in Aspic used a drummer (Bill Bruford) and a percussionist (Jamie Muir)

if you have ever heard the track Larks Tongues in Aspic (Part 1)... the effect of percussion and standard drums is hard to beat

• 3 months later...
The current Allman Brothers Band line up features the original two drummers (Brother Butchy and Brother Jaimoe) with percussist Marc Quinones. Check out their DVD Live at the Beacon Theatre.

Yeah i was watching a clip the other day they are awesome.

Archived