Page or Hendrix?

Flying Zeppelin

Had Hendrix lived what would he sounded like in the seventies , maybe he would have formed a new group like Jimmy did

What we know for certain is that when Hendrix was alive Jimmy Page was already using the bow on the guitar, playing 12 string, playing lots of acoustic, mandolin, and banjo. Jimi was busy dumping lighter fluid on his guitar playing the Star Spangled Banner while Jimmy was busy coming up with Days and Confused. What a silly question, Jimmy Page all of the way!

What we know for certain is that when Hendrix was alive Jimmy Page was already using the bow on the guitar, playing 12 string, playing lots of acoustic, mandolin, and banjo. Jimi was busy dumping lighter fluid on his guitar playing the Star Spangled Banner while Jimmy was busy coming up with Days and Confused. What a silly question, Jimmy Page all of the way!

You dont give Hendrix much credit while you give Page at lot , You for got Hendrix played with his damn teeth too lol. And he played 12 string, violin, piano, and a damn banjo if he wanted too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE3FAY-NOiU

Her is some 12 string acoustic for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE3FAY-NOiU

I don't like the way this question is phrased. The answer to the question "Page or Hendrix?" is "Yes."

If people want to compare guitarists, in terms of techniques, etc, I think that is fine...I don't see why everything has to be a contest, i.e. who's better than who...this type of zero sum, winners v losers mentality is something we in the US have been brainwashed into thinking is normal...I am sick and tired of it. Life and music are not football games...and football games are not reality (or art).

I almost forgot that Jimmy was also busy learning how to play Sitar between 1967 and 1970. Clearly Jimmy Page is the ultimate. Hendrix was good, and a great showman throwing lighter fluid everywhere but Page was busy pushing things to the next horizon. Jimmy Page really was the better of the two.

Page is good but Hendrix did Machine Gun (Band Of Gypsys)....The greatest piece of guitar playing ever...imho of course.

I bought that album years ago and when I heard Machine Gun on the turn table it was f-ing incredible.....Great guitar playing!

I don't like the way this question is phrased. The answer to the question "Page or Hendrix?" is "Yes."

If people want to compare guitarists, in terms of techniques, etc, I think that is fine...I don't see why everything has to be a contest, i.e. who's better than who...this type of zero sum, winners v losers mentality is something we in the US have been brainwashed into thinking is normal...I am sick and tired of it. Life and music are not football games...and football games are not reality (or art).

you are absolutly right...but remember

forum.

a. A public meeting place for open discussion.
b. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
.......we're all just having fun here......cheers

I almost forgot that Jimmy was also busy learning how to play Sitar between 1967 and 1970. Clearly Jimmy Page is the ultimate. Hendrix was good, and a great showman throwing lighter fluid everywhere but Page was busy pushing things to the next horizon. Jimmy Page really was the better of the two.

You are a fanBoy, I cant stand people who cant see the truth, The band they like is the best ever hands down, they can do no wrong, They are the best at their instruments, singing ect. Zeppelin is my favorite band ever, but at least I can admit the truth, and the truth is Hendrix was a far better guitarist, than Page at the time.

You are a fanBoy, I cant stand people who cant see the truth, The band they like is the best ever hands down, they can do no wrong, They are the best at their instruments, singing ect. Zeppelin is my favorite band ever, but at least I can admit the truth, and the truth is Hendrix was a far better guitarist, than Page at the time.

I'm glad that your truth tells you Jimi was better, my truth tells me that Jimmy's sitar playing, banjo, mandolin, 12 string acoustic, and bowing of the guitar during the same time that Jimi lived and played tells me Page was better. Cheers!

Page is good but Hendrix did Machine Gun (Band Of Gypsys)....The greatest piece of guitar playing ever...imho of course.

Machine Gun is one of them moments!

I'd put the live version of No Quarter against it anyday. Page hit another gear in feeling and power on that one, just as Hendrix did with Machine Gun.

Again, Page & Hendrix are 1a. and 1b., then there is everyone else!

I cant stand people who cant see the truth, but at least I can admit the truth, and the truth is Hendrix was a far better guitarist, than Page at the time.

"Far better?" Your delusional!

Maybe you should change that profile picture of yours.

"Far better?" Your delusional!

Maybe you should change that profile picture of yours.

Others agree with me that know whats up not fan boys.

And hendrix wins most of the polls for best ever so you are the delusional one, learn the guitar play both jimis and tell me whos better then, other wise shut your trap.

Others agree with me that know whats up not fan boys.

And hendrix wins most of the polls for best ever so you are the delusional one, learn the guitar play both jimis and tell me whos better then, other wise shut your trap.

Far from it!

Hendrix wins most polls because sources like Rolling Stone magazine says so. There are many professional players that claim Page is better.

My cousin has advanced skills on the guitar, and he says Page as well.

Shut my trap, huh? Well, I'd really say what's on my mind toward you, but i'd probably get banned!

I think its a fair question.

Page is not only cleary the best in this question, Hendrix is not even in the top 5 overall. I think a bit too much is hyped of his technique, tip of the hat to his bringing what he was doing to a national awareness. Other than a limited number of songs, meh.

Tone it down, we pride ourselves at the Led Zeppelin forum of being upbeat and not telling people to shut their traps...cheers

He called me out first so repermand him not me

Far from it!

Hendrix wins most polls because sources like Rolling Stone magazine says so. There are many professional players that claim Page is better.

My cousin has advanced skills on the guitar, and he says Page as well.

Shut my trap, huh? Well, I'd really say what's on my mind toward you, but i'd probably get banned!

For one he wins Guitar magazine polls, I don't read rolling stone unlike you. maybe your cuz cant down tune a 1/2 step to learn some Hendrix, with his advanced skills. big deal Page played all them different string instruments once you learn one the rest come easy. And some links to These professional players that back up your claim please.

Ps: I love how you are afraid to say what you want, but might get banned, A little worked up over a difference of opinion id say.

Love them both ! I think it would have been quite interesting to see what direction Hendrix would have gone in had he not passed away. It was pretty clear at the time that he was attempting to head into new territory. Not that it would have changed Jimmy's direction in terms of what he was trying to achieve with texture and colour but, I think Hendrix was attempting to head in a very similar direction so Who Knows how far the two of them would have been able to progress the use of the instrument and amplification and what effect it would have had on the music scene at the time..and today.

I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to complaining about how poorly Hendrix' estate has been handled as far as posthumous recordings but at least they provide a small glimpse into what might have been, especially the latest release (which is supposedly the last, at least as far as studio recordings).

I agree on both ! I'm not qualified to look into the past and predict what might have been but to me, both Hendrix and Page were far more willing to push the boundries than any of their contemporary's were . Sadly, we were left with only one who did.

For one he wins Guitar magazine polls, I don't read rolling stone unlike you. maybe your cuz cant down tune a 1/2 step to learn some Hendrix, with his advanced skills. big deal Page played all them different string instruments once you learn one the rest come easy. And some links to These professional players that back up your claim please.

Ps: I love how you are afraid to say what you want, but might get banned, A little worked up over a difference of opinion id say.

I don't read that crap magazine!

My "cuz" does know how to play Hendrix as well.

You'll find professional quotes in print as well.

You know, part of being a great musician, on guitar, drums, or whatever other instrument, is coming up with the actual music. You claim it's easy, but how many can create something great from scratch?

Page's playing, especially from the period of 67' - 75' was equal to, or better than, Hendrix's playing.

Let me reiterate - Page 1a. Hendrix 1b. - then there is everyone else!

Archived