60's bands suggestions

Zoso2112

Hi, just recently I have been really getting into 60's music. I want some suggestions of some bands to listen too. What I would mostly like to listen to from this period would be anything that is psychodelic or blues. Some of the bands that I've been listening too are Ten Years After, The Bluesbreakers, the Yardbirds (of course), Vanilla Fudge, The Small Faces, The Jeff Beck Group, Hendrix, Cream, and many more. Thanks in advance guys.

edit: hur hur, you just said the Bluesbreakers. Sorry about that.

How about The Pretty Things? Their self-titled 1965 album is very blues-based (duh, since there's a bunch of Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry songs on it), while their album "S.F. Sorrow" is more psychedelic. Both are good. I love the self-titled a lot, though...they're a lot like the Rolling Stones (which makes sense because Mick and Keith were both in the band before they formed the Stones), but this album sounds a lot more raucous than the Stones' 1965 release, "Out of Our Heads," (except for Satisfaction, of course; that's about as rowdy as it gets).

Oh, and how about "Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo" by (who else) The Status Quo? That's a pretty cool psychedelic album.

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Here's 2 good live albums:

Jefferson Airplane - "Bless it's Pointed Little Head". Recorded at the Fillmore in 1968. It rocks and has some trippy songs. The electric bass work on some songs is absolutely amazing!

Hot Tuna - "Hot Tuna. Recorded at Berkley in 1970. Acoustic blues from the guitarist and bassist from the above group. Lots of traditional blues songs, all great versions. The acoustic bass work on some songs is absolutely amazing!

:beer: treat yourselves to some quality time with any of these -

The Animals

Manfred Mann

The Move

The Hollies

The Searchers

The Kinks

Spencer Davis Group

The Troggs

EDIT : my apologies for omitting Cream, and one or two others I may have forgotten.

Edited by TheZeppyWanderer

:beer: treat yourselves to some quality time with any of these -

The Animals

Manfred Mann

The Move

The Hollies

The Searchers

The Kinks

Spencer Davis Group

The Troggs

EDIT : my apologies for omitting Cream, and one or two others I may have forgotten.

Mine was going to be The Move. Jeff Lynne, Bev Bevan and Roy Wood before ELO came into existence.

Hi, just recently I have been really getting into 60's music. I want some suggestions of some bands to listen too. What I would mostly like to listen to from this period would be anything that is psychodelic or blues. Some of the bands that I've been listening too are Ten Years After, The Bluesbreakers, the Yardbirds (of course), Vanilla Fudge, The Small Faces, The Jeff Beck Group, Hendrix, Cream, and many more. Thanks in advance guys.

Zoso2112, please keep us up to date on what you have tried out and what you like and dislike.

Thanks, DD

Zoso2112, please keep us up to date on what you have tried out and what you like and dislike.

Thanks, DD

Wow guys, thanks for all the suggestions. Here's what I've tried so far:

Holding Company

Pretty Things

13th Floor Elevators

Hendrix's "Blues"

And i forgot to mention the doors in the first post.

This is helping me so much, I intend on trying to listen to every band you guys suggest. =) So many ove these bands are bands that I have never heard of(Mostly because I am only 16 years old.)

Thanks again!

Hey, let's not forget Bubblegum.

Plus a whole bunch of others, John Freddie and his Playboy Band, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, 1910 Fruitgum Company, The Happenings,

The Turtles, The Grassroots, Take a Letter Maria. I'm so high right now.