Vacations Thread

Speed Racer

HPIM3341.jpg

HPIM3342.jpg

Met The Guy who drives this car at My Hotel in Memphis A few years ago.Jermain Bad Intensions Taylor at the time Middle Wieght Champion Boxer nice car here is His autograph on My Sun Studios ticket.

badintentionstaylor.jpg

Here is Me at Graceland

HPIM3571.jpg

HPIM3490.jpg

Here is some more Memphis pictures

Me at Graceland

HPIM3491.jpg

Sun Studios back of Building

HPIM3213.jpg

Me at the Front entrance

HPIM3218.jpg

Inside the Studio The biggest names in Music have recorded on these Keyboards Jerry lee ,Elvis

HPIM3242.jpg

One of the Kings planes

HPIM3515.jpg

HPIM3251.jpg

Cheryl at Coyote Ugly's Yes She danced on the bar after Lots of harrasement and quite a few drinks.

Also We got to see Wolfmother Who I read has broken up pretty good Band.Hate to see Bands break up except the Osmonds

Cheryl at Sun Records

HPIM3215.jpg

The Strip Memphis

HPIM3249.jpg

HPIM3248.jpg

This actually pissed Me off We went into a Rock and Blues type Museum and there was tons of memorabila from all the greats even had a spot for little old Zep but this was the full display.

HPIM3346.jpg

Awesome pics, everybody! :thumbsup:

I'll have a few myself in about three weeks. I leave Tuesday for the big Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia road trip. Nice to see Sun Records there, Al; I was hoping to get over to Memphis, but it doesn't look like I'm going any further west than Nashville, unfortunately, so thanks for giving me the next best thing! :)

Awesome pics, everybody! :thumbsup:

I'll have a few myself in about three weeks. I leave Tuesday for the big Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia road trip. Nice to see Sun Records there, Al; I was hoping to get over to Memphis, but it doesn't look like I'm going any further west than Nashville, unfortunately, so thanks for giving me the next best thing! :)

Hey Nashville is really cool been there a few times . Memphis has great Bar B que We ate at several places but this little place called the Rendevous was the best and it is in a alley kind of hard to find have to ask a local . Have a good time in Nashville also the Smokies are great The Blue Ridge Parkway is a must see in North Carilina also Chimney Rock is cool.If You go to Norfolk Virgina say high to all My old Navy pals.

I can't find the "What made you happy today" thread so I''m posting here! Off to AC! Staying at the Borgata, I will have a spa service every day if I get my way :D , lots of fine dining, Chris Rock tix, reading by the pool, and maybe a couple of poker tourneys!! Wish me luck!

I can't find the "What made you happy today" thread so I''m posting here! Off to AC! Staying at the Borgata, I will have a spa service every day if I get my way :D , lots of fine dining, Chris Rock tix, reading by the pool, and maybe a couple of poker tourneys!! Wish me luck!

Good luck :D

Hawaii seems to be the dream spot for the vacation of a lifetime. I have never been there. My wife has heard it isn't worth the money to go. Any opinions? I would like to go to California and Vegas, but I always wind up in Florida, which I do love. I would also love to see Vancouver, Australia, perhaps the maritime province's in Canada, and would love to see London one time. Paris is now off my list, too much trouble there recently. I have heard nothing good about it.

I've always wanted to go to the BVI (i.e. St. Lucia, etc.). Hubby and I are discussing a 20th anniversary trip in a couple of years; he would like to take a cruise; I'm more of a land person, but we still have some time to narrow it down :)

Hawaii seems to be the dream spot for the vacation of a lifetime. I have never been there. My wife has heard it isn't worth the money to go. Any opinions? I would like to go to California and Vegas, but I always wind up in Florida, which I do love. I would also love to see Vancouver, Australia, perhaps the maritime province's in Canada, and would love to see London one time. Paris is now off my list, too much trouble there recently. I have heard nothing good about it.

Not being much of a beach/outdoorsy person, I didn't think I'd like Hawaii. But my husband had to go there for a convention (darn...:)) so I went along. We were in Honolulu and honestly, I don't know why everyone doesn't live there!! There's beach, there's mountains, there's (almost) wetlands, and there's an actual city - with shopping and fine dining and museums...and that's just on Oahu!! And the people are so nice. I highly recommend going if you can. And I, too, enjoy Florida :)

May I also put in a good word for London...just love it there. Don't write off Paris...if you think it's too much trouble now, wait awhile, but go. It's lovely.

I went here over the summer:

DSCI0493.jpg

It the church from Alice's Rstaurant. I can't say a bad thing about the trip, it was absolutly wonderful. The people were so pleasant, and caring. It's more beautiful inside than it was outside. I even got a brick (long story), but it has Arlo Guthrie's autograph in it.

DSCI0488.jpg

DSCI0487.jpg

DSCI0485.jpg

DSCI0490.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived