Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Sorry Spats, but even if the girls are doing the approaching, my guess is, they feel if you are interested, you will buy "them" a drink. Plus, in clubs it's not unusual for girls to approach guys, no matter where the location is. The effects of alcohol, you know :)

I guess there is always a catch with women isn't there. :rolleyes: Although those women offered to buy us drinks. But i don't drink. And i don't buy drinks for women who approach. That's a lot of nerve to approach a guy and expect him to buy who a drink. They need to get over themselves.

I agree that it's not unusual to be approached in clubs. Although for me it's happened less and less. But it's definately happens and i am sure alcohol is involved. It's makes the woman do things that they should do when they are sober.

I guess there is always a catch with women isn't there. :rolleyes: Although those women offered to buy us drinks. But i don't drink. And i don't buy drinks for women who approach. That's a lot of nerve to approach a guy and expect him to buy who a drink. They need to get over themselves.

I agree that it's not unusual to be approached in clubs. Although for me it's happened less and less. But it's definately happens and i am sure alcohol is involved. It's makes the woman do things that they should do when they are sober.

Well people's inhibitions are lower and judgement may be clouded under the influence. Most people shouldn't be that way when they are sober, although some people are nicer humans when they are drinking :) It comes down to tradition and what most women were raised to feel is proper. I have never been traditional, although my mother feels she raised me to be :)

Well people's inhibitions are lower and judgement may be clouded under the influence. Most people shouldn't be that way when they are sober, although some people are nicer humans when they are drinking :) It comes down to tradition and what most women were raised to feel is proper. I have never been traditional, although my mother feels she raised me to be :)

What i mean is women shouldn't just approach men when they have been drinking they should do it when they are sober. They shouldn't approach a man and expect him to buy her a drink at all. <_<

If women feel it is not proper for a woman to approach a man then they have an amazingly out of date mindset or or they don't believe that and they are just falling back on that.

What i mean is women shouldn't just approach men when they have been drinking they should do it when they are sober. They shouldn't approach a man and expect him to buy her a drink at all. <_<

If women feel it is not proper for a woman to approach a man then they have an amazingly out of date mindset or or they don't believe that and they are just falling back on that.

I know what you meant. Okay, even if they buy you a drink, most will expect you to do the same. If they go out on a date with you, i believe most will expect you to pay (though some may be fine with splitting the bill). The traditional man pays for woman is still alive and well...and to get back to your original thought, i would say even more so with Southern women.

I know what you meant. Okay, even if they buy you a drink, most will expect you to do the same. If they go out on a date with you, i believe most will expect you to pay (though some may be fine with splitting the bill). The traditional man pays for woman is still alive and well...and to get back to your original thought, i would say even more so with Southern women.

Well then i guess southern women are out of the question.

If they bought me a drink I would have no problem buying them one. Because that's fair.

Isn't it amazing that the "traditional" dating rules only benefit the women and don't benefit the men at all. The guy gets nothing out of it. Other than he gets to spend a lot of money. I guess i can understand why women love the fact that those traditions still exist and they encourage it.

If they bought me a drink I would have no problem buying them one. Because that's fair.

Isn't it amazing that the "traditional" dating rules only benefit the women and don't benefit the men at all. The guy gets nothing out of it. Other than he gets to spend a lot of money. I guess i can understand why women love the fact that those traditions still exist and they encourage it.

Read this for an example of dating etiquette for men. If you go down to the bottom you will see what is "expected" financially, of you!

http://www.topdatingtips.com/dating-etiquette.htm

You give off a lot of negative karma and I'm sure the woman you meet pick it up instantly. Keep up the good work.

Read this for an example of dating etiquette for men. If you go down to the bottom you will see what is "expected" financially, of you!

http://www.topdatingtips.com/dating-etiquette.htm

It pretty much proves what i have been saying. According to that site the dude has to do everything. How he feels and what happens to him is not important. Dates are all about the woman. The guy is just there to make her feel like a queen. It's depressing actually.

Is there a list for a woman's etiquette?

You give off a lot of negative karma and I'm sure the woman you meet pick it up instantly. Keep up the good work.

The girl i met on New Years was interested in me even though she had no clue how to show it. So much for her picking up on my "negative karma".

Hmm.

"As a man you must never talk to a woman's breasts. They hate it. Being appreciated for her feminine charms is one thing, but talking to her breasts is down right rude and is not acceptable, so hold her gaze throughout."

That's me finished in the first thirty seconds.

Hmm.

"As a man you must never talk to a woman's breasts. They hate it. Being appreciated for her feminine charms is one thing, but talking to her breasts is down right rude and is not acceptable, so hold her gaze throughout."

That's me finished in the first thirty seconds.

What if her breasts talk to you first? Are you supposed to ignore them? That's rude!! ;););)

Here are a couple goodies from the list. Oh Brother. :rolleyes:

-As a man you will pay the bill on the first date without question and you will not discuss money openly at this stage. Money discussions are crass and lack sophistication.

-You will ensure your date feels comfortable at all times and encourage their feelings of comfort if you detect any signals of being uncomfortable. You will also ensure that your date gets home safely in a cab etc

Here are a couple goodies from the list. Oh Brother. :rolleyes:

-As a man you will pay the bill on the first date without question and you will not discuss money openly at this stage. Money discussions are crass and lack sophistication.

-You will ensure your date feels comfortable at all times and encourage their feelings of comfort if you detect any signals of being uncomfortable. You will also ensure that your date gets home safely in a cab etc

Ummm, you take offense at the suggestion of making sure your date gets home safely? Regardless of your gender, that's just a common courtesy. See, this is WHY you don't get dates. You don't care about other people, aside from your "buddies". Women are people too, and deserve the same amount of respect that men do. NOTE: I SAID THE SAME, NOT MORE. The SAME amount of respect, Spats, THE SAME!!!

It pretty much proves what i have been saying. According to that site the dude has to do everything. How he feels and what happens to him is not important. Dates are all about the woman. The guy is just there to make her feel like a queen. It's depressing actually. Is there a list for a woman's etiquette?

Women have the *****! they win! :D

I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but there is a difference between doing one's job in an advanced society and killing a mammoth. Neither hunting not taking care of the home requires great intellect. You're right, I don't agree with you, because your argument has many severe flaws. While one needs tough and muscled exterior in order to successfully provide for the family in the middle of the wilderness, there's NOTHING which could justify the discrimination in today's world, unless you believe that women are in general less intelligent or capable than men. My feminine perception of the world does not prevent me from becoming a successful manager, physician or lawyer. As far as I know, intelligence is superior to instincts.

Are you giving me a history lesson? Who do you think I am, some ignorant hussy?

Actually, it was not only out of sudden necessity, or boredom, or what else you might think (; The industrial revolution played a rather important part in this. I'd bet that women had felt this need even before they were given the chance to fulfill it, but men simply had not allowed it. The reason why they did not get equal pay was also not because they were less efficient workers, but simply because they were women. I really don't see any point in this part of your argument, apart from trying to educate me. Yeah, women came a long way. I know. Thank you very much for this precious piece of information. What the hell am I complaining of, right? We already got what we wanted, in spite of the blatant inequality.

Neither was I. I think I strated this dialogue discussing the effects of sexual discrimination (effects you obviously dislike). I was talking about the discrimination of women in general, which sadly affects women's role in the work place, so it cannot be omitted. You know, the more I'm getting into this discussion, the more I'm staring to feel that you are either incapable of getting my point, or you completely disregard it. I'm not saying you have to agree with me, I know you won't, but nothing annoys me as much as people who are not able to develop their arguments regarding the arguments of the opposite side and only repeat what they already said.

I still don't understand how your argument about men and women being two different animals (lion and lioness are apparently also two different animals...I wonder who they can copulate and have healthy brood...) correlates with "a lot of women using men for money." You still haven't explained THAT. Bucause even though I'm a woman, I've never felt this urge, so it's obviously not the matter of hormonal instincts.

You would argue with yourself if no one else was around.

Give me some examples of your general discrimination. Excuse my ignorance but, general is way to vague. I really didn't realize that women had it So bad. If my lack of perception on the womens plight has caused any women to suffer I am sorry. I know other social groups have had it very bad throughout history but I didn't realize, excuse me!

Nothing new, but thanks anyway.

"These findings suggest that human evolution has created two different types of brains designed for equally intelligent behavior," said Haier [...]

I personally excel in stuff regarding visual arts, literary culture and linguistics. I don't think it's reserved to women. I'm very well aware of the fact that men are statistically more successful in natural science, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that certain women can be equally successful. Yet we were told by out maths teacher in secondary school that girls can't get better grades than boys, because that would be "unnatural." Strange, none of the boys in the class could grasp the subject better than me, even though I consider my mathematical capabilities to be very mediocre.

Yes, everyone has different talents or we could all sing like Robert. I don't know why you are trying to argue that women are equal. I think you just want everyone to acknowledge that women are better. I have already stated that women are as good or better in some areas but that is not enough for you. Right?

It pretty much proves what i have been saying. According to that site the dude has to do everything. How he feels and what happens to him is not important. Dates are all about the woman. The guy is just there to make her feel like a queen. It's depressing actually.

Is there a list for a woman's etiquette?

That same link had a list for woman, but you will hate that list even more, lol. In general, i think alot of what the etiquette states would help you with women. BUT, i know :) you are not the least bit interested. Lets face it, you are destined to not find love. You are making your bed and you are going to be the only one sleeping in it.

I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but there is a difference between doing one's job in an advanced society and killing a mammoth. Neither hunting not taking care of the home requires great intellect. You're right, I don't agree with you, because your argument has many severe flaws. While one needs tough and muscled exterior in order to successfully provide for the family in the middle of the wilderness, there's NOTHING which could justify the discrimination in today's world, unless you believe that women are in general less intelligent or capable than men. My feminine perception of the world does not prevent me from becoming a successful manager, physician or lawyer. As far as I know, intelligence is superior to instincts.

Are you giving me a history lesson? Who do you think I am, some ignorant hussy?

Actually, it was not only out of sudden necessity, or boredom, or what else you might think (; The industrial revolution played a rather important part in this. I'd bet that women had felt this need even before they were given the chance to fulfill it, but men simply had not allowed it. The reason why they did not get equal pay was also not because they were less efficient workers, but simply because they were women. I really don't see any point in this part of your argument, apart from trying to educate me. Yeah, women came a long way. I know. Thank you very much for this precious piece of information. What the hell am I complaining of, right? We already got what we wanted, in spite of the blatant inequality.

Neither was I. I think I strated this dialogue discussing the effects of sexual discrimination (effects you obviously dislike). I was talking about the discrimination of women in general, which sadly affects women's role in the work place, so it cannot be omitted. You know, the more I'm getting into this discussion, the more I'm staring to feel that you are either incapable of getting my point, or you completely disregard it. I'm not saying you have to agree with me, I know you won't, but nothing annoys me as much as people who are not able to develop their arguments regarding the arguments of the opposite side and only repeat what they already said.

I still don't understand how your argument about men and women being two different animals (lion and lioness are apparently also two different animals...I wonder who they can copulate and have healthy brood...) correlates with "a lot of women using men for money." You still haven't explained THAT. Bucause even though I'm a woman, I've never felt this urge, so it's obviously not the matter of hormonal instincts.

Heven't you ever heard of gold diggers or a sugar daddy? And I did not say that all women are gold diggers or want to have a sugar daddy. I think it is taking the easy way out. I know a lot of men would do the same, if they could. But, unless they meet a rich cougar (older woman that prays on ypunger good looking men) most men don't have a chance of that. And what does the H word have to do with anything? I bet you could not wait to bring that up.

Ummm, you take offense at the suggestion of making sure your date gets home safely? Regardless of your gender, that's just a common courtesy. See, this is WHY you don't get dates. You don't care about other people, aside from your "buddies". Women are people too, and deserve the same amount of respect that men do. NOTE: I SAID THE SAME, NOT MORE. The SAME amount of respect, Spats, THE SAME!!!

I am not responsible for her getting home safely. Is she responsbible for me getting home safely??? :rolleyes: After some of my early dates with women after the date we say our goodbyes and go our seperate ways. I don't make sure my buddies get home safely either. Do you make sure the guys you go out with get home safely?

If i was driving her on the date that would be a different story. But i usually meet them wherever we are going on the date. I don't take them out on the date. We meet up.

I agree that one gender does not deserve more respect than the other. But the "dating rules" appear to say that women deserve more than the guy does.

That same link had a list for woman, but you will hate that list even more, lol. In general, i think alot of what the etiquette states would help you with women. BUT, i know :) you are not the least bit interested. Lets face it, you are destined to not find love. You are making your bed and you are going to be the only one sleeping in it.

Did it? I will have to check that out. Is the list that bad? :o I presume it tells the woman to let the man do everything?

This stuff is horrible. Here are a few bits of advice on the list...

- Let the man pay. If he is interested, he is interested enough to ensure you eat well and get home safely.

- Ensure you receive flowers. If he does not know what a florist is, dump him.

- Always keep a guy waiting and never turn up early. It's a lady's perogative.

- Never be available when he wants you to be. Never be at the end of a phone when he calls and always let him leave a message or two before replying.

- Always let the man do the chasing and always let yourself be the chooser.

:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am the only one that thinks this advice is horrible? :blink:

Archived