Pictures Of A Day On The Green

I am in Central California. My wife owns a thrift store and there was a bunch of camera items in a box that came in. In the Box was a small box of Kodak slides that said "rock concert July 1977"

Looking at one of the slides I could tell a Robert Plant Stance from a mile away (I grew up on Zeppelin)

I got a projector and the slides are from an outdoor concert. Apparently it is "a day on the Green" Robert Plant is wearing a blue T-shirt saying "Nurse's Do It Better" Whover took them had a good camera and I would say they are about 10 rows back. In the box of stuff was a 35MM camera with a telephoto lens. You can see Both Johns, Page and Plant. Some are really good, some are poor, with peoples arms in them. I am offering them to Led Zeppelin for there archieves if you want them. Its one role of film, 28 pictures. I would have to take them somewere to get them onto a disc or something

There are also pictures of Leonard skynard and Peter Frampton that says 1974, looks like alll the original members. unfortunatley the pictures of Peter are blurred. But it does show the stage really good and his bandmates. This is also from a Day On the Green, Somewere in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I am in Central California. My wife owns a thrift store and there was a bunch of camera items in a box that came in. In the Box was a small box of Kodak slides that said "rock concert July 1977"

Looking at one of the slides I could tell a Robert Plant Stance from a mile away (I grew up on Zeppelin)

I got a projector and the slides are from an outdoor concert. Apparently it is "a day on the Green" Robert Plant is wearing a blue T-shirt saying "Nurse's Do It Better" Whover took them had a good camera and I would say they are about 10 rows back. In the box of stuff was a 35MM camera with a telephoto lens. You can see Both Johns, Page and Plant. Some are really good, some are poor, with peoples arms in them. I am offering them to Led Zeppelin for there archieves if you want them. Its one role of film, 28 pictures. I would have to take them somewere to get them onto a disc or something

There are also pictures of Leonard skynard and Peter Frampton that says 1974, looks like alll the original members. unfortunatley the pictures of Peter are blurred. But it does show the stage really good and his bandmates. This is also from a Day On the Green, Somewere in the San Francisco Bay Area.

That would be Oakland. That shirt is pretty iconic!

This isn't the place to offer them to the band, though--in fact, I'm not sure how they could be reached for these purposes. Anybody?

Peter Frampton performed at the Day On The Green concert on August 3, 1975. He didn't appear at the 1974 show, so it could be the photographers mistake or perhaps another show in the area. Lynyrd Skynyrd appeared on September 20, 1975.

Meg

First of all, welcome to the board. It seems what you have is quite interesting and that was very nice of you to offer them to the band for their archives. I was going to suggest contacting the webmaster of this site (since this forum is part of the band's officiate website) to see if he can give you any idea or info. on who to contact. Good Luck! :)

They sound lovely. I am planning another exhibit for Jimmy's charity of memorabilia, photos, and even fan artwork (see memoriesinmusic.com) and if you would consider loaning them to me for a display, that would be wonderful. If you sell them on, perhaps the new owner would loan them. :)

These are slides. you can't post them. I will take them to a professional this week and have them transposed to cd and photographs. I will at least post one, and the rest will go to the band in one way or another.

thanks. its a trip what you can find in a box in a thrift shop!!!

These are slides. you can't post them. I will take them to a professional this week and have them transposed to cd and photographs. I will at least post one, and the rest will go to the band in one way or another.

Nice one B)

Pretty amazing where some of this stuff show's up. I gotta hit some garage sales again :D

Peter Frampton performed at the Day On The Green concert on August 3, 1975. He didn't appear at the 1974 show, so it could be the photographers mistake or perhaps another show in the area. Lynyrd Skynyrd appeared on September 20, 1975.

Meg

They both appeared together on Days on the Green 4 and 5 along with the Outlaws July 2nd& 4th 1977. Skynrd Blew Frampton away the day I was there 3 encores to Frampton's 1

Archived