Best looking boys in rock

Gegenschein

... the "ugliest men" thread. Have to have something to restore the balance and harmony...

Bring'em on! Picture posts encouraged.

OK, well, besides the obvious... let's remember this is OTHER bands/musicians board, so leave the LZ pretty boys out...

Sometimes the entire band could be listed here, such as The Beatles or Queen. I'll leave it to you and instead offer up two somewhat more obscure guys... (oh, and of course this is just MY opinion)

akkvface2.jpg

The "fifth Beatle" - i.e. one of them, right along with Pete Best and others...

KlausImagine5.jpg

Klaus Voormann. The fine-boned, frail, blue-eyed German. You will not find a picture of a "heavier-set" Klaus - he turned 70 this year and is still as thin as he was in his youth. Most famous probably for having designed the cover of the Revolver (Beatles album)

The first boy ever to wear the "Beatle" haircut - his girlfriend Astrid committed the act of haircutting... as well as taking some pictures. Yes, OK, some of you will argue that he's not that much of a musician. Right, he's an artist. But he did learn to play bass on a rather short notice, let's give the guy credit. Also played flute and recorder. Lost his girlfriend to Stu Sutcliffe. Later married Christine Hargreaves, of Coronation Street fame who also played Pink's mother in Alan Parker's film The Wall (yes, the Pink Floyd one)

I adore this picture of Klaus with the Revolver cover - too bad it was shot at a bad angle.

505610172_04ff53a823_o.jpg

Here's some video evidence. Let's just agree he's a good looking fellow.

AND...

SilverWhiteLight1970small.jpg

Mr. Superlungs. (disregard a few razor nicks... he must have been nervous before that Isle of Wight gig).

SeedOfMemorycoversm.jpg

Terry was just obscenely gorgeous. Yes, Jimmy knew exactly what he was shopping for when he was putting together his new band. He wanted BOTH great voice and great looks in the band's singer. He already knew that in Terry he'd have both. But when Terry recommended instead his friend, a fabulous unknown singer, Jimmy wanted to make sure... "What does he look like?" and the famous "Greek God" exchange followed.

Some creep on Amazon admitted that in this age of CDs and MP3s he still likes to keep the LP of Terry's 1st album just so he can stare at the "dissolute angel" picture in large format.

Some video evidence. (keyboardist Pete Solley in that video is also rather cute :) )

Also - here's the photo I promised to scan in the "ugliest" thread - sorry the scan quality sucks, I might have to rescan it later but it gives the general idea of the image.

RogerWaters-Scannedsm.jpg

Roger Waters, photo by Claude Gassian.

I consider this one of the most beautiful photo portraits ever taken. Seriously, to take a pic of Roger Waters that is actually almost flattering? It's art. Fine art at that.

Still good looking today:

Bono, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Squier, Eddie Vedder, Hugo Ferriera, Scott Stapp, David Gilmour, Trent Reznor

Were hot in their younger years/living years:

Robert Plant, George Harrison, Lou Gramm, Micheal Hutchence, Jim Morrison, Jeff Buckley, David Ogilvie.

edit: though i'm not a Poison fan (but i like a couple songs) i need to mention Bret Micheals, especially when he was younger.

David Coverdale

_david_coverdale.jpg

hahaha...this brings back memories of the 80's when my bedroom walls were completely covered with posters of these Californian and not rockers... :rolleyes::blush::bagoverhead:

david-lee-roth.jpg

axl_rose_pic.jpg

vinceneilknife.jpg

A particular mention to this angel, Robbin Crosby. Back then I thought he was the best looking rocker of that era. Poor Robbin:RIP :(

RobinCrosbyPost2.jpg

Okay girls don't laugh... Jon Bon Jovi is still great looking. Roger Daltrey has a awesome body for 65 years old. (also great blue eyes..... I still find him very sexy) Tim McGraw is not a rocker but has a great body. Keith Urban is very sexy ... a little on the short side. ( I guess compared to Nicole Kidman). These are all great looking guys but Number 2 compared to our Jimmy Page.

Okay girls don't laugh... Jon Bon Jovi is still great looking. Roger Daltrey has a awesome body for 65 years old. (also great blue eyes..... I still find him very sexy) Tim McGraw is not a rocker but has a great body. Keith Urban is very sexy ... a little on the short side. ( I guess compared to Nicole Kidman). These are all great looking guys but Number 2 compared to our Jimmy Page.

Jimmy is the ULTIMATE rocker who still amazingly stands the test of time at 64!!! No one could come close to the elegance, class, charisma and good looks back in his younger days, and no one will ever now in his sixties, :)

82686218-1.jpg

I know he's country, (and a Republican), but still wub-1.gif

00014437.jpg

Actually, Toby says he supports Obama!!!!! :thumbsup: Besides Robert and Jimmy, some of my choices would be: Lenny Kravitz, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Tommy Lee, Adam Levine, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Hutchence, Chris Cornell, Dave Navarro, Brad Paisley, Johnny Reznick, Tim McGraw, John Waite, Sting, David Bowie, Paul McCartney, Eddie Vedder, Dave Matthews.....You know, there are lots of others but my mind has seriously drawn a blank right now!! Too many great looking guys out there to choose from!! :wub:

Agreed!! B)

Archived