Led Doodlin'

Bilbo the Rover

I've been toying with the idea of a board cartoon featuring the boys and members of our little community. In the past I have used members posted pictures for my sketches, great faces with lots of character ! a couple have found their way into a painting or two as well. I'm really burned out with the brushes and wanted to do something fun, simple and not too serious so here are two to start with. I'll always ask first if I can use someones likeness in the thread and let them approve the 'toon before I post it. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and they will never be mean spirited. Bear in mind, these first two are just to get the ball rolling, I'm still toying with the ink \ artists markers decision and the sketch book I used had cream colored paper so the preliminary pics look "aged" which is kinda cool too. So, anyway....here goes.....doodlin.jpg

This second one was inspired by a Bonzo quote I read. In an interview in '72 he said that he liked to yell out like a "bear" or "thunder" while he was drumming...I sketeched a full on fantasy Bonzo which looked too crazy, so here is one of the "head" only drawings I did. I'm trying to avoid realism and go completely cartoon with these..... I really enjoy drawing Bonzo bonzo.jpg

:( He hasn't been on , I did get his permission and sent him a copy....I hope he likes it. Two more board members will be up soon and then a new Robert 'toon.

Wow, that picture is amazing! Dude, you have talent!

I did a cartoon in my test today (Well, i had finished) that I was proud of, but it's David Lee Roth :lol: I was gonna do Led Zep, but ran out of time. Maybe tomorrow! :)

:lol: It's a "subliminal arse".....a hidden bum :D I put hidden messages in all my drawings ! Nah....Jonesy has one of those "cleft" chins and a very defined bone structure. You might end up in my 'toons thread Brother....I'll let you see the work before I post..Hope you're well my good friend !

:lol: It's a "subliminal arse".....a hidden bum :D I put hidden messages in all my drawings ! Nah....Jonesy has one of those "cleft" chins and a very defined bone structure. You might end up in my 'toons thread Brother....I'll let you see the work before I post..Hope you're well my good friend !

Hey, that'll be great Bro...no need to seek my authority...post away :lol:

doin' real good btw. Remaining remarkably cool ahead of events this Monday.

Archived