Reviews from Raising Sand Fall Tour

Kentuckygirl

Thanks for the Seattle newspaper links Kentuckygirl. I was there last night and can vouch that those are accurate reports.....maybe even understated as it was an absolutely fantastic and thrilling show from start to finish! The only comment I would add at this time is to correct that quote by Gene Stout of the P-I. He wrote:

The disappointing news this week that Plant will not participate in a 2009 Led Zeppelin reunion tour made his WaMu appearance a special occasion.

"My footprints were here in 1977 when it was a different venue," Plant said, referring to Led Zeppelin's last Seattle show at the former Kingdome.

This is what he actually said and what led up to the comment. Allison had introduced an earlier song and told us that her mother was in the audience (who received a standing ovation). Then when Robert began introducing another song he got out only as much as "this next song is about a place...." when someone in back of the theater yelled out "Kashmir!" (which was only time I heard anyone call for Zeppelin). So Robert goes "ah yes, Kashmir. Well, if Allison can talk about family I can talk about memories I have of this city. (that's a paraphrase) I left my footprints here in 1977.....same hair, same teeth, different building."

And like McDonald wrote in the other article, Robert spoke of the Edgewater Hotel, how he went there that afternoon to check out the room and look in the wardrobes (my friends and I think he was joking about that) and said "some of you will know what I'm talking about".

Of course these comments brought a huge smile to my face and a great response from the concertgoers. :D It was obvious from his tone, body language, etc, that he has immense affection for his Zeppelin days and that Led Zeppelin is no doubt more precious to him than it is to any of us fans.

And to answer the previous poster who asked how he ended the show, it was the simple "Goodbye, see you again later". And after the final song of the 3-song encore, it was "Goodbye Mom!"

And he left the stage, taking his beer with him. :D This time. And Robsmayqueen will know what I mean by that, LOL. :D:D:D

Thanks for the Seattle newspaper links Kentuckygirl. I was there last night and can vouch that those are accurate reports.....maybe even understated as it was an absolutely fantastic and thrilling show from start to finish! The only comment I would add at this time is to correct that quote by Gene Stout of the P-I. He wrote:

The disappointing news this week that Plant will not participate in a 2009 Led Zeppelin reunion tour made his WaMu appearance a special occasion.

"My footprints were here in 1977 when it was a different venue," Plant said, referring to Led Zeppelin's last Seattle show at the former Kingdome.

And to answer the previous poster who asked how he ended the show, it was the simple "Goodbye, see you again later". And after the final song of the 3-song encore, it was "Goodbye Mom!"

And he left the stage, taking his beer with him. :D This time. And Robsmayqueen will know what I mean by that, LOL. :D:D:D

It sounds(and looks, after that recent October 2 video like a person that just got rid of a stone on his chest... I know that in some previous interviews he made statements that he wouldn't want to go through something like LZ again, but it never occurred to me that he really really meant it. Whatever your reasons are, Robert, we have to respect them...

I just found this video on youtube from last nights gig:

Love the flash Robert does at .37 on this flick. I think they must have been having problems with the curtain behind them or something.

Looks like they both are having a good ole time on stage. They weren't this animated at the St. Louis, MO gig last week like this at all.

That is so funny, she showed them huh? (they showed us!) :D

I just found this video on youtube from last nights gig:

Love the flash Robert does at .37 on this flick. I think they must have been having problems with the curtain behind them or something.

Looks like they both are having a good ole time on stage. They weren't this animated at the St. Louis, MO gig last week like this at all.

Both Robert and Allison are so cute during the first few seconds of that vid! :)

I think Alwizard said that he had front row seats for that show. :D

This is what he actually said and what led up to the comment. Allison had introduced an earlier song and told us that her mother was in the audience (who received a standing ovation). Then when Robert began introducing another song he got out only as much as "this next song is about a place...." when someone in back of the theater yelled out "Kashmir!" (which was only time I heard anyone call for Zeppelin). So Robert goes "ah yes, Kashmir. Well, if Allison can talk about family I can talk about memories I have of this city. (that's a paraphrase) I left my footprints here in 1977.....same hair, same teeth, different building."

And like McDonald wrote in the other article, Robert spoke of the Edgewater Hotel, how he went there that afternoon to check out the room and look in the wardrobes (my friends and I think he was joking about that) and said "some of you will know what I'm talking about".

Of course these comments brought a huge smile to my face and a great response from the concertgoers. :D It was obvious from his tone, body language, etc, that he has immense affection for his Zeppelin days and that Led Zeppelin is no doubt more precious to him than it is to any of us fans.

Thank you so much for sharing all of that with us AWABW! I would have loved to have been there with all of you. Aw, what you wrote about Robert's affection for his Zep days was so lovely for me to read. The memories of Zep's glory days are so very special for so many fans, including me, that it's nice to know that from what you observed those Zep days are at least as precious to Robert as they are to us.

Thanks Angel for this, I'm glad you all enjoyed it and I can really feel the happiness from your post. Lovely! :)

a performance by the remarkable band that prompted Robert Plant to tell Led Zeppelin and zillions of dollars to take a hike. The former Led Zep lead singer recently announced that he won’t be touring with the band anytime soon — and considering that the guys are in their 60s now, probably ever. But why rehash oldies with Jimmy Page when you can create something new with Buddy Miller every night? So Robert Plant & Alison Krauss will continue with producer-guitarist T Bone Burnett as a touring unit and a recording unit for the forseeable future (Marian Leighton, one of the founders of Rounder Records, confirmed that another RP&AK CD was in the works).

Is there anyone who is a Led Zeppelin fan who can find anything positive about this review? While it's not Robert's words, and it is not taken personally, we all here, (as in Led Zeppelin fans) do not need to read some ass-goblin's theory about how Plant and Krauss is better than "rehashing" the past with tired oldies ala Jimmy Page. Yes I am paraphrasing but it is the writers intent to paint it as such.

I can only hope Jimmy and the boys can produce something we can enjoy, and put this garbage to bed.

Is there anyone who is a Led Zeppelin fan who can find anything positive about this review? While it's not Robert's words, and it is not taken personally, we all here, (as in Led Zeppelin fans) do not need to read some ass-goblin's theory about how Plant and Krauss is better than "rehashing" the past with tired oldies ala Jimmy Page. Yes I am paraphrasing but it is the writers intent to paint it as such.

I can only hope Jimmy and the boys can produce something we can enjoy, and put this garbage to bed.

I would love nothing better than for Jimmy Page, JPJ and Jason to produce something that would blow us all away. I respectfully disagree that the Raising Sand project is "garbage".

Are you perhaps missing the writer's sarcasm? Or am I missing your sarcasm?

No, it's a tiresome review.

I found the article counter productive is all. Lets face it, in reality Plant and Krauss are rehashing old music. Nothing original except the fact that Robert, the Lead singer of Led Zeppelin, as he is known of late, is singing a different type of "music" if you will. I did not see the need for the writer to give his opinion as to why Robert chooses to do what he wants, while insulting Jimmy Page as if he is and oldie rehash, waiting to cash in on his past. Just my 2.

I found the article counter productive is all. Lets face it, in reality Plant and Krauss are rehashing old music. Nothing original except the fact that Robert, the Lead singer of Led Zeppelin, as he is known of late, is singing a different type of "music" if you will. I did not see the need for the writer to give his opinion as to why Robert chooses to do what he wants, while insulting Jimmy Page as if he is and oldie rehash, waiting to cash in on his past. Just my 2.

It's one of those reviews that illustrates why some artists ignore reviews.

Oh yes, flew right over my head. :)

Apparently it did, if you're saying that he's insulting Jimmy Page. He's insulting Buddy Miller by pointing out that Robert could have chosen to play with (the great) Jimmy Page but (RP) regarded that as rehashing oldies and chose to perform with (the humble) Buddy Miller instead. To the writer's disgust.

Apparently it did, if you're saying that he's insulting Jimmy Page. He's insulting Buddy Miller by pointing out that Robert could have chosen to play with (the great) Jimmy Page but (RP) regarded that as rehashing oldies and chose to perform with (the humble) Buddy Miller instead. To the writer's disgust.

I think you are giving the writer more credit than deserved. But an email will clear things up.