Tonight BBC radio 2 'Dazed and Confused: The Led Zeppelin Legacy'

ledzep45

That was a great show, great to hear all these people saying such wonderful things about them, I do not mind admitting but hearing that brought a tear to my eye, Zeppelins music just moves me in so many ways..They really are untouchable in the Popular music world and just hearing bits of the different songs on just now ...Jesus I feel Like I did when I was 14 years old in 1981 and finding their music, it was a musical Zenith, as someone said on the show it was uncool to like them in the 80's, but we all stuck by them knowing how incredible the music is..and the 90's when everyone reappraised them and went gee this band is so good.

Led Zeppelins music is just so wonderful,diverse and the show puts it all into perspective, like all the crap people have been saying about Robert Plant on here lately...shame on them all..this a Zeppelin Forum.

Thanks guys for making popular music so F***ing great. The beast might not be touring anymore but long live the music...thanks Guys :)

That was a great show, great to hear all these people saying such wonderful things about them, I do not mind admitting but hearing that brought a tear to my eye, Zeppelins music just moves me in so many ways..They really are untouchable in the Popular music world and just hearing bits of the different songs on just now ...Jesus I feel Like I did when I was 14 years old in 1981 and finding their music, it was a musical Zenith, as someone said on the show it was uncool to like them in the 80's, but we all stuck by them knowing how incredible the music is..and the 90's when everyone reappraised them and went gee this band is so good.

Led Zeppelins music is just so wonderful,diverse and the show puts it all into perspective, like all the crap people have been saying about Robert Plant on here lately...shame on them all..this a Zeppelin Forum.

Thanks guys for making popular music so F***ing great. The beast might not be touring anymore but long live the music...thanks Guys :)

Very well said Leddy. You sum up how I feel about Zeppelin perfectly. You are a true fan and we need more people like you on this forum instead of the RP bashers. Although, I am jealous of you as you got to see the O2 show and I didn't. Lucky bastard!

Very well said Leddy. You sum up how I feel about Zeppelin perfectly. You are a true fan and we need more people like you on this forum instead of the RP bashers. Although, I am jealous of you as you got to see the O2 show and I didn't. Lucky bastard!

Thank you :), I was a lucky bastard last year but that was because of a forum member who comes on here every now and then. I thank Whyalla for giving me first tabs on his 2nd ticket after his wife said a real fan should go. However good it was last year and it was the best musical night for me in popular music, last night hearing Bonzo's drums made me realise that he could never be replaced not even by \jason who was tottaly amazing that night. Bonzo's drum sound on say When the levee Breaks is so sexual/groovy and no other could play like him...he was simply the best :)

Thanks for that, you will be able to hear it online probably tomorrow sometime, keep checking the bbc radio 2 website.

Thats alright. I didn't realise it was an old brodcast so sorry about that. I will probably listen to it tomorrow :D.

Same here Leddy! My eyes were tearing up, so you wasn't alone. I was listening through headphones, on my own, and I was totally wrapped up in it. I was even talking to myself...nodding my head and saying "Yes, yes" to those saying all those moving and very true words about how LZ have influenced many a band and have brought such joy to so many people. When they were talking about John's incredible influence, citing When The Levee Breaks as a great example, I was welling up again!

An old show, but well worth a listen. Five stars to the BBC for that. And expertly commentated by Johnnie Walker.

Same here Leddy! My eyes were tearing up, so you wasn't alone. I was listening through headphones, on my own, and I was totally wrapped up in it. I was even talking to myself...nodding my head and saying "Yes, yes" to those saying all those moving and very true words about how LZ have influenced many a band and have brought such joy to so many people. When they were talking about John's incredible influence, citing When The Levee Breaks as a great example, I was welling up again!

An old show, but well worth a listen. Five stars to the BBC for that. And expertly commentated by Johnnie Walker.

Miss HD, your in need of some therapy, crying, and your from Yorkshire and all that.

Funny thing is, i was behaving the same, i even cryed when i was watching Led By Zeppelin (a Tribute Band based in Kent) do Stairway, and i dont care, i'm just wondering why after all these years i am becoming emotional when i hear a Led Zeppelin song. Any ideas.

Regards, Danny

Everytime I hear Zep on the radio or anywhere I just am that teenager, the songs just make me stand still and listen. 99.9% of their music moves me. Glad I am not just an old fart or middleaged fart getting all emotional. Zeppelin and my dads playing brings tears :)

Miss HD, your in need of some therapy, crying, and your from Yorkshire and all that.

Funny thing is, i was behaving the same, i even cryed when i was watching Led By Zeppelin (a Tribute Band based in Kent) do Stairway, and i dont care, i'm just wondering why after all these years i am becoming emotional when i hear a Led Zeppelin song. Any ideas.

Regards, Danny

Danny, like yourself and everyone here, Led Zeppelin and their music have had such an impact on my life. Even though I enjoy listening to lots of classic rock bands, no band or musician has come close to making me feel what I feel when I listen to Zep. It's like they're in my soul when I listen to them. A bit dramatic? Maybe...but it's how it is. Just a riff from Jimmy, a line from Robert, a roll from Bonzo or a bassline from JPJ can send me off on one :) So, I guess it's only natural that I get emotional when listening to people who are on the same Zep level as me. A few weeks ago I got really choked up watching The Rain Song from Unledded on YouTube...what a version that is. So powerful.

Oh, and maybe it's also the fact I am a Pisces down to a tee :D

Everytime I hear Zep on the radio or anywhere I just am that teenager, the songs just make me stand still and listen. 99.9% of their music moves me. Glad I am not just an old fart or middleaged fart getting all emotional. Zeppelin and my dads playing brings tears :)

im the same , plus i was one of the very fortunate englishmen that won the e-mail last year to see them at the O2, best night of my life by far.

Just so much emotion in their music. It is the only artist's music that does that to me. So unique. There is no equal! :rolleyes:

I got emotional reading the reviews from the 02 show, understanding what it must have been like for most of the fans there. I'm a Cancer though - we cry over everything. I'm crying right now. :)

Hi :D tonight (30/9/08) on radio 2 there is a programme on Led Zep. If anybody is listening to it and has a programe to, could somebody record it and send it to me or post it on somewhere. Cheers! Oh, heres the link to the website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_two/2008-09-30

:D

Thank you for the referral! There is also a programme link on that page which features Justin Hayward chatting and playing some of his favourite records. [uPDATE: Justin doesn't come in til about 2 hours and 9 mins. in, so advance til then and avoid an alarming amount of crap music!]

P.S. Leddy, you expressed a lot of what I was feeling during the O2 concert as well! I couldn't articulate it as well as you, so thanks.

Thank you for the referral! There is also a programme link on that page which features Justin Hayward chatting and playing some of his favourite records. [uPDATE: Justin doesn't come in til about 2 hours and 9 mins. in, so advance til then and avoid an alarming amount of crap music!]

P.S. Leddy, you expressed a lot of what I was feeling during the O2 concert as well! I couldn't articulate it as well as you, so thanks.

Why thanks :) , I am usually one of the less articulate ones on here but yes the show last year :D and the radio prog was very emotional. As a guitarist I play a few Zep songs yet I have yet to find or hear anyone who can play the guitar parts like Jimmy, he was and is very unique...a visionary.

Thanks for that. I have just started listening to the led zep program and will probably listen to the thing with Justin Hayward.

Why thanks :) , I am usually one of the less articulate ones on here but yes the show last year :D and the radio prog was very emotional. As a guitarist I play a few Zep songs yet I have yet to find or hear anyone who can play the guitar parts like Jimmy, he was and is very unique...a visionary.

Don't put yourself down like that. I always find whatever you have to say interesting. It's always a pleasure to read your comments and what's on your mind. You have some great knowledge on Led Zeppelin. Thanks.

Don't put yourself down like that. I always find whatever you have to say interesting. It's always a pleasure to read your comments and what's on your mind. You have some great knowledge on Led Zeppelin. Thanks.

:thanku::)

Archived