Palin or Biden

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Who do you think is the better of the two?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be the better Vice President candidate?

• Sarah Palin
    • Joe Biden

i saw this writer from -the washington post on tv, he said that -mccain is 72 yrs old and that there is a statistcal chance of 1 in 5 that -palin then becomes president. he basically cried for mccain to choose another vp at this point. there is no way -sarah palin should be there. if -mccain is know for impulsive decisions...which he has proved over the economic troubles. then there you go....its not a good thing.

You're catching on! Well not to sound condescending, but that has been one of the major issues all along. McCain is old and has had Melanoma (a very aggressive, quick spreading skin cancer). Did he beat the odds? Maybe, but even if he did, he is still 72 and that means his risk for every health problem is much greater because of age alone. So his chances of having health issues or worse are fairly good, and her abilities to run anything are fairly horrifying. She is not competent for this role and we should ALL be frightened, Repubs included. But you know, people will stick to their guns no matter how dangerous or stupid, just because they consider themselves to be a certain party OR they think Roe V. Wade being overturned is a priority in the time we are living in. Mind boggling really. I think i could understand Rocket Science easier than understand the group who think McCain/Palin are a good choice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/us/politics/09mccain.html

Palin Wins :D

You seem to have the same depth of vocabulary and expression as her :blink:

Just an outsiders view. :huh:

Generally many around th world probably don't know the difference between democrats and republicans and what each party stands for ( not unusual cos they wouldnt understand the difference between New Labour and the Conservatives here in the UK).

But having watched a big partof the debate I fear for America if they get excited that they have someone like Palin possiby being a VP.

She was beaten in this debate in my view. She will make a good politician only because she doesn't ansewer questions.

She would struggle greatly on the world stage and her so called cutsey mon appeal won't work outside of the US.

I don't feel that any of the candidates are inspiring for me.

But, we out here in the rest of the world need someone with strength, vision, leadership, humanity, a clear understanding of their own countries needs and what the ROW needs.

I just don't see it in any of them personally. :(

Its sort of sad to see -guiliani on tv defending -palin... a potentially great vp, defending palin. jeez, makes me think everyone can be bought.

I know, idn't just... :boohoo:

I think we should have funeral rites for the Republican party.

"Let today embrace the past with remembrance

And the future with longing"

~Kahlil Gibran

Palin did an outstanding job at the debate. The libs around here thought that she would make one Gaffe after another..............like Biden does daily. She relates to so many Americans who can see through the "old Washington" politics of "Say it ain't so Joe".

V.P. debate..................PALIN WINS

laughable.

If anyone missed it, here is the SNL interpretation:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/vid...n-biden/727421/

I laughed hard at both sides! It is really eerie how Tina Fey nails Palin though. I still wouldn't be able to tell them apart side by side.

I loved the comment at the end about G's missing from the ends of her words too; see, other people DO notice that stuff!

I laughed hard at both sides! It is really eerie how Tina Fey nails Palin though. I still wouldn't be able to tell them apart side by side.

I loved the comment at the end about G's missing from the ends of her words too; see, other people DO notice that stuff!

Ahahahah!! Thanks for posting that. I did miss it and was looking, without sucess, for it on YouTube. Hysterical :)

I watched it and it was hilarious! The Joe Biden stuff was also funny, but Palin is hysterical! I also got such a kick out of the face Queen made at Palin after each of her answers! Palin (paraphrased) i like talking to the American people without all the gotcha media, who want you to explain why you put your words in a certain order :) lol.

Meet the Press this am (will be repeated later tonight on MSNBC, moderator Gwen Ifill talked about her experience with the debate. Palin did not stick to the format, answered very few questions that were "actually" asked, changed the subject almost every question, and mostly promoted "herself". Her job was to promote McCain. She did "damage control" for herself. Well that was all obvious to people who watched and listened to the debate, lol.

Biden has won overwhelmingly in the majority of the post-debate polls by 80 to 20. Palin is a has been and John McCain will have to stand on his own two feet now. Good luck tempermental McCain (who has no plan for the ECONOMY)!

Great perspective:

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Columnist...981106-sun.html

Palin campaigns on a wink and a prayer

By LISA VAN DUSEN

After a two-week run so bad that a lot of people were starting to wonder whether it was the riskiest game of expectation-lowering in memory, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin spent debate night with Joe Biden on Thursday winking and smiling her way to redemption.

For the past 10 days, Palin's fate as the funniest send-up subject on Saturday Night Live since Dana Carvey's George Bush was sealed with a series of clips of her being interviewed by NBC's Katie Couric that were downright scary in what they revealed -- not so much about her mind as about John McCain's.

It got so painful that at a certain point, the only thing more damning than Palin's fudgy answers were the reaction shots of Couric forcing herself with every fibre of her being to not actually react for fear of screaming, "Answer the question!" or "What are you talking about?!"

In St. Louis, Palin tried to disarm the power of wrong or missing answers by preemptively attributing any dodging to populist gumption instead of lack of pre-existing knowledge: "I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear," she said to Biden, "but I'm gonna talk straight to the American people."

The resulting disconnect between moderator Gwen Ifill's questions and Palin's answers made Palin's contribution more of an infomercial than a debate.

By halfway through, there were answers that unravelled into such incoherent blathering of unrelated keywords that during her response on nuclear proliferation she started to sound like one of those short-circuiting fembots in Austin Powers just before their heads exploded.

But that was OK because Palin, who by last week seemed in so far over her head that the only thing still showing above the quicksand was the updo bun, had one bottom line mission in the debate -- save the furniture.

She did that and more by assuaging the base and not making any major, game- changing mistakes. If you weren't frightened out of your wits by the prospect of Palin as the president of the United States at 9 p.m., you weren't frightened at 10:30.

Palin's other task was to launch the GOP's newest tactic for distancing the McCain/Palin ticket from George W. Bush and the party that dare not speak its name.

At one point, Palin, echoing Ronald Reagan's standout "There you go again" moment from the 1980 debate, said, "Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again, pointing backwards again. You (prefaced) your whole comment with the Bush administration. Now, doggone it, let's look ahead."

Later, she added, "When we talk about the Bush administration, there is a time, too, when Americans say enough is enough with your ticket on constantly looking backwards and pointing fingers and doing the blame game."

Most Americans would have absolutely no clue as to what she was talking about and it's not just the syntax. Have Obama and Biden exaggerated wildly talking about Palin, McCain and Bush all being Republicans? Or by pointing fingers at the catastrophic economic wreckage from the past eight years and blaming the Bush administration? You don't have to look backwards to do that.

Biden, who must have had moments of wondering what game show set he'd wandered onto, sounded too senatorial at times. But it was hard not to on a stage with Palin, whose folksiness and accessibility are a major part of her appeal to the voters who identify with her in a "she's like me" way.

As for what this does for the rest of the race, the CNN post-debate poll of debate watchers had Biden winning 51 per cent to 36 per cent, but the conventional wisdom is that VP debates don't matter much.

More interesting, while Palin was seen as more likable, scoring 54 per cent to Biden's 36 per cent, 70 per cent said Biden was more of a typical politician and on the question of the candidates' qualifications for the presidency, 87 per cent said Biden is qualified and 42 per cent said Palin is qualified.

If Palin is more likeable and Biden is seen as a typical politician, which would normally be seen as a negative, why did twice as many of those same people say he's more qualified to run the country?

Maybe, in these tough times and in relative terms, a "typical politician" isn't such a bad thing to be.

Archived