Who is your favorite U.S. President throughout this nation's history?

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Favorite U.S. Presidents.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 1789-1850.

• George Washington
    • John Adams
    • Thomas Jefferson
    • James Madison
    • James Monroe
    • John Quincy Adams
    • Andrew Jackson
    • Martin Van Buren
    • William Henry Harrison
    • John Tyler
    • James K. Polk
    • Zachary Taylor
  2. 2. Continued... 1850-1901.

• Millard Fillmore
    • Franklin Pierce
    • James Buchanan
    • Abraham Lincoln
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Ulysses S. Grant
    • Rutherford B. Hayes
    • James A. Garfield
    • Chester A. Arthur
    • Grover Cleveland
    • Benjamin Harrison
    • William McKinley

This and the other list that I will put up shortly is a full list of presidents who have served the U.S. I would like to know which president is your favorite. Your favorite can be because of his domestic or foreign policies. Maybe it's because you greatly admire their decisions that have helped improve this country for the better, or perhaps they faced great challenges in their time in office and met them with great poise and overcame them, etc.

Two votes per list.

Probably FDR. JFK would be a tie or second place though.

FDR served 4 terms. When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, Roosevelt directed organization of the Nation's manpower and resources for global war. Not to mention he was in office during the great depression.

http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/fdrbio.html

Well I was going to say Mckinley/Lincoln but that wasn't and option so here's who I chose and why.

Mckinley: because it is such an unbeleivable shame he is not as famous as he should be. From Ulysees S. Grant until Mckinley the nation was in what was called the guilded age every politician was greedy and corrupt they wanted the presidency for the money for themselves not for the good of the nation. They were making what was estimated to what in todays value comes up to TRILLIONS of dollars. Then Mckinley was elected and changed everything the first president and one of the last who wanted his job to make this country a better place and he did just that by ending the guilded age. Then during his last year in office actually shortly before the next election he was at a major fair in Buffalo New York when he was leaving he was shaking hands with the by standers when a little girl came up to him and she said "I like your flower." (his very sick wife would always give him one when he wasn't going tobe around) so he took it off his lapel and gave it to her, then as the girl walked away the person standing behind her stepped forward with a gun wrapped under a towel. He shot Mckinley multiple times, as he lay dying his final words were for someone to take care of his wife because she was very sick. Truly a great man and one of the greatest President's in U.S. history.

The next person I chose was John Adams for our very similar political ideals and because in the 1790s America was under pressure to either go to war with England or France. Adams political party the Federalist (later would evolve into Whigs, then Republicans) was pro British because America's economy was based on trade with England, so America eventually got into naval battles with French ships in the Caribbean but Adams held strong and refused to go to war with a nation America could not defeat or afford to fight. When Napolean seized power shortly after the un-declared war began he wanted it to stop because he relized how it was pushing America towards England. When Napolean offered peace to America Adams jumped at the opportunity. Why does this make him a great man, well because he knew and everyone else told him that if he made peace with France he would lose the Federalist's support and would not be re-elected over the popular Thomas Jefferson, and his response "I don't care, it is what is right." truly great how he would rather do what's right than what get him elected.

Lastly why would you chose Jefferson he was a great person, but one of the worst U.S. presidents. And if anyone wants to know I didn't research this while I typed, I remember it from 8th grade two years ago.

You honestly believe Mckinley beats Lincoln?

Yeah I do, explain why you think Licoln is better. But I'll bet you make that judgment when you don't even know about either president that well. Sure freeing the slaves and how he handled commander in chief so well with no prior military experience. But come on Mckinley pulled this nation out of the worst place it had been in since 1776.

Yeah I do, explain why you think Licoln is better. But I'll bet you make that judgment when you don't even know about either president that well. Sure freeing the slaves and how he handled commander in chief so well with no prior military experience. But come on Mckinley pulled this nation out of the worst place it had been in since 1776.

Worst place since 1776?

You mean besides the CIVIL WAR that happened in between? Give me a break, Lincoln is the only reason our country still exists as it does. The same cannot be said even remotely for McKinley

The guy who thinks that Obama reminds him of the anti-Christ, thinks William McKinley was a better President than Abraham Lincoln.

There's a whole lot of that fail in that argument.

I doubt you know anything about Mckinley, I doubt you know much of anything if you actually support Osama...I mean Obama.

Worst place since 1776?

You mean besides the CIVIL WAR that happened in between? Give me a break, Lincoln is the only reason our country still exists as it does. The same cannot be said even remotely for McKinley

Yeah maybe Mckinley didn't save the union like Licoln did too, but he DID other things, I have a right to my opinion.

Archived