" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

TheZeppyWanderer

I agree. What's worse is that a friend of mine, and long standing Eagles fan, opted to see the Illegal Eagles when the real thing was touring the UK in 2008. He made no attempt to attend any of their gigs, citing the tribute band tickets were cheaper!

RB

:blink:

I'm not sure what to say :lol: I'd rather spend more and see the real deal but I suppose each to his own!

:blink:

I'm not sure what to say :lol: I'd rather spend more and see the real deal...

That is my point entirely. Why anyone would prefer to see an approximation when the real thing is out there, actively doing it, is beyond me. It seems to me that people are now considering a tribute act to be as good as the original. I think not.

Tribute acts: The blow-up dolls of the music business.

RB

As it's been said all along it's a band from the pre-punk 70's, which the Amboy Dukes are not and only second to Led Zeppelin in popularity and legend according to the promoter. Think before you post.

THIS IS THE CRITERIA...NOTHING ELSE

That would be ELP.... which I would like to see.... again....

Haven't heard any rumors confirmed yet on the ELP sites... but I don't check them often.....

That would be ELP.... which I would like to see.... again....

Haven't heard any rumors confirmed yet on the ELP sites... but I don't check them often.....

ELP were a popular band during that period, but they fall way short of being second to Led Zeppelin in the criteria.

That would be bloody wonderful.

Oh I'm not saying people wouldn't like it being Roxy Music. I mean it in context that after all this hype about a band reforming that's similar to Zeppelin, it turns out to be them.

I'm going with the person who mentioned The Kinks but would absolutely love if it was Pink Floyd (minus Rick, R.I.P) with Roger back. Although there is only one band who I do wish to see live again and that is Zeppelin. To prove I wasn't dreaming at the 02 and they were that good. B)

Oh I'm not saying people wouldn't like it being Roxy Music. I mean it in context that after all this hype about a band reforming that's similar to Zeppelin, it turns out to be them.

I'm going with the person who mentioned The Kinks but would absolutely love if it was Pink Floyd (minus Rick, R.I.P) with Roger back. Although there is only one band who I do wish to see live again and that is Zeppelin. To prove I wasn't dreaming at the 02 and they were that good. B)

Floyd isn't Floyd without Rick Wright

I wish I had seen Floyd but for them to reform now minus Rick Wright, wouldn't interest me because it wouldn't be Pink Floyd. His contributions were an integral to the band's sound.

As an aside, regardless of it not being the "biggest" reformation of the year, I would LOVE to see Roxy Music tour!

I wish I had seen Floyd but for them to reform now minus Rick Wright, wouldn't interest me because it wouldn't be Pink Floyd. His contributions were an integral to the band's sound.

As an aside, regardless of it not being the "biggest" reformation of the year, I would LOVE to see Roxy Music tour!

I saw Pink Floyd minus Roger Waters on their Division Bell Tour.

I guess it wasn't"Pink Floyd" as we remember Pink Floyd,but it was incredible.

You're square on that Richard Wright was integral to the band's sound.His shoes could never be adequately filled and we know that.

If Pink Floyd were to "reform"with Roger Waters and were to tour,I would be there.

You're square on that Richard Wright was integral to the band's sound.His shoes could never be adequately filled and we know that.

If Pink Floyd were to "reform"with Roger Waters and were to tour,I would be there.

Didn't see that either but I've seen Both Waters and Gilmour on their own. Have to say I found Gilmour's show far more enjoyable. It was pretty amazing to have him joined on stage by David Crosby and Graham Nash. They did a stunning version of Find the Cost of Freedom with David a capella! Part of the deal with Waters (IMO) was he didn't have the best band for the music. His guitar player spent too much time trying to sound like David and pose like a guitar God. But I was still glad to have seen him (well both).

ELP were a popular band during that period, but they fall way short of being second to Led Zeppelin in the criteria.

Oh, I don't really care who's second....

But -- some would say, based on their California Jam appearance, that ELP were second to Zeppelin.... some might conjecture...

That would definitely be the biggest of 2009. They could respectfully replace wright. I've seen them four times+ ('87, 2 in '88 and '93) and gilmour solo in nyc when mason and wright joined him in the end. 88 was my favorite. It had many more laser lights.

The last I've heard gilmour won't even consider it, but as time goes on maybe he'll change. It would be absolutely spectacular.

That would definitely be the biggest of 2009. They could respectfully replace wright. I've seen them four times+ ('87, 2 in '88 and '93) and gilmour solo in nyc when mason and wright joined him in the end. 88 was my favorite. It had many more laser lights.

The last I've heard gilmour won't even consider it, but as time goes on maybe he'll change. It would be absolutely spectacular.

I suspect David won't change his mind at this point. He seems content with what he's doing on his own.

Good point. How about Andy White? Drummed on "Love me do" and "PS I love you" from first album. B)

How about Stuart Sutcliffe? :rolleyes:

Really, the Beatles who established themselves under that name were John, Paul, George and Ringo. And, as stated, there's no talk (or possibility) of them re-forming, so they're really not relevant here.

Just a shot in the dark but how about Nazareth or Grand funk Railroad

my appoligies if they have alredy been suggested or if its been announced.

No offense to Nazareth or Grand Funk Railroad fans but they don't fit the criteria as far as being "second to Zeppelin". If I'm not mistaken, Grand Funk is currently touring, albeit without Mark Farner who has gone the Christian Rock route.

I saw a news report online today. Not sure where though. The Faces reunion is off, so it's obviously not them.

The Faces thing seems to be going back and forth, the latest seems to be that it could still be on. At least according to Ian McLagan's website. Check The Faces thread for more info.

Curious...was there ever a Beatles reunion discussed by the members back in the late 70's?

Google "Beatles reunion" for various mixed results, including the appearance of Yoko, Olivia, Ringo and McCartney on Larry King Live for the debut of Love in Las Vegas. I did, however, get a hit for a YouTube clip of Paul, George and Ringo I'd never seen before. There were also the attempts by Lorne Michaels to get them to reunite for SNL back in the 70s. I also seem to remember an on film only reunion of all four that was supposed to be part of the Anthology TV specials but I don't think it ever came to be.

Google "Beatles reunion" for various mixed results, including the appearance of Yoko, Olivia, Ringo and McCartney on Larry King Live for the debut of Love in Las Vegas. I did, however, get a hit for a YouTube clip of Paul, George and Ringo I'd never seen before. There were also the attempts by Lorne Michaels to get them to reunite for SNL back in the 70s. I also seem to remember an on film only reunion of all four that was supposed to be part of the Anthology TV specials but I don't think it ever came to be.

Was the clip an interview post Beatles? Do you still have it?