" BIGGEST REFORMATION OF 2009 "

TheZeppyWanderer

Mott The Hoople are reforming for some shows:

Mott The Hoople are set to play two 40th anniversary shows in London this year.

The band formed in 1969, and almost quit music until David Bowie gave them 'All The Young Dudes', which they released in 1972

The band will play Hammersmith Apollo on October 2 and 3.

Tickets go on sale on Thursday (January 22). To check the availability of Mott The Hoople tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/GIGS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/42112

Perhaps the Amboy Dukes?

Just watched the Nuge on YouTube.

As it's been said all along it's a band from the pre-punk 70's, which the Amboy Dukes are not and only second to Led Zeppelin in popularity and legend according to the promoter. Think before you post.

THIS IS THE CRITERIA...NOTHING ELSE

As it's been said all along it's a band from the pre-punk 70's, which the Amboy Dukes are not and only second to Led Zeppelin in popularity and legend according to the promoter. Think before you post.

THIS IS THE CRITERIA...NOTHING ELSE

My bad SuperDave,I guess the Amboy Dukes were "post-punk" 70's weren't they?Shit,I wasn't thinking,was I?

Any connection or ideas you might have on the "biggest reformation of 2009"and I'm all ears brother.

I will try to think before I post again per your request.

My bad SuperDave,I guess the Amboy Dukes were "post-punk" 70's weren't they?

The Amboy Dukes formed in the 60s. Their one and only hit was Journey To the Centre of Your Mind which hardly puts them "second to Zeppelin" as far as popularity is concerned. Not to even mention, the chances of them reforming are extremely slim. Even if they were to reform, I seriously doubt it would register more than a mere blip on the radar.

The Amboy Dukes formed in the 60s. Their one and only hit was Journey To the Centre of Your Mind which hardly puts them "second to Zeppelin" as far as popularity is concerned. Not to even mention, the chances of them reforming are extremely slim. Even if they were to reform, I seriously doubt it would register more than a mere blip on the radar.

My suggestion was nothing more than an extremely loose roll (mucho)of the dice.

Dig your posts Jahfin.

I do hope for some kind of "kickass"reformationin 2009.

There does not exist an instrument to register the blip I've suggested.

I haven't followed every page of this discussion but right now my money would be on the Kinks (who obviously didn't form in the 70s), especially since it appears any chance of a Faces reunion appears to have been shot down, at least for now.

I'm hoping it's a reunion of ALL original members of a band. Too many suggestions here have at least one member DEAD.

Too often, without a full contingent, a band rings hollow or a mere skeleton of who they were, missing a key player.

Agreed but as Swede pointed out in another thread, even a group with all of it's original members doesn't necessarily guarantee that it's going to be good. They stand just as good a chance of sucking as a band that's missing one (or several) key members.

Agreed but as Swede pointed out in another thread, even a group with all of it's original members doesn't necessarily guarantee that it's going to be good. They stand just as good a chance of sucking as a band that's missing one (or several) key members.

That being said, I've seen tribute bands I thought were better than the originals on given occasions. NONE of the originals, but somehow capture the old spirit as well, if not better than those who did it in the first place.

It's not the case now but for quite some time Molly Hatchet toured with no original members. Blackfoot currently tours without founding member, frontman and principle songwriter Rickey Medlocke (who's in Lynyrd Skynyrd these days). The Marshall Tucker Band tours with only one original member, lead singer Doug Gray. I'm a fan of all of those bands but have no interest whatsoever in seeing any of them. Thing is, people will turn out in droves to see them because they might not have any knowledge (or care) who is or who isn't in the band. They just want to hear the songs as they're used to hearing them on the radio.

As for tribute bands, what you're saying may very well be true but I don't have any interest in seeing any of them. If I'm going to spend money to see a band I'm much more likely to spend it on a band that does original material, not a group of imitators. Well, unless it's the midget Kiss (I understand there's at least two of them but there may be more).

Midget_Kiss.jpg

That being said, I've seen tribute bands I thought were better than the originals on given occasions. NONE of the originals, but somehow capture the old spirit as well, if not better than those who did it in the first place.

I've never seen a tribute band for any group. I don't know - there's something about it that sort of freaks me out I suppose!

I've never seen a tribute band for any group. I don't know - there's something about it that sort of freaks me out I suppose!

I agree. What's worse is that a friend of mine, and long standing Eagles fan, opted to see the Illegal Eagles when the real thing was touring the UK in 2008. He made no attempt to attend any of their gigs, citing the tribute band tickets were cheaper!

RB

Archived