Acoustic Zep vs Electric Zep

McSeven

By percentages I actually do like the more acoustic-type ballady based songs (Thats The Way, Tangerine, Black Country Woman) than the electric-fied hard driving ones (Heartbreaker, Immigrant Song, Black Dog). I think I always did.

I can't really say I like them better than the electric songs , but I've always been very drawn to their acoustic stuff - That's the Way and Going to California will always be in my list of favorite Zep tunes. I think they had such a unique approach acoustically.

I can't really say I like them better than the electric songs , but I've always been very drawn to their acoustic stuff - That's the Way and Going to California will always be in my list of favorite Zep tunes. I think they had such a unique approach acoustically.

True.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the tracklist of Mothership.

Well TBH, I do love the acoustic stuff but it is the hard rockin' blues that I like the most. It's what I first heard from them and what I wanted to hear the most in concert.

I love it when a band can do both, although I'm not too familiar with many who can. CSNY and Hot Tuna are two of my other favorite groups who do both well. I wish Zep had done more all acoustic songs, or even an all acoustic album.

That would have been awsome! To settle for not having an all acoustic album from led zep I just make a playlist on I-tunes :D

i love all zeppelin songs i dont even know what cd i like beacuse ive got them all in my cd changer i play them all so i think thay are good with out amps or with i could be listening to zepp the song remanes the same .... coda .....mother ship...i dont know i love it all?????????

Acoustic & electric: a band that only does one is only half a band...

That might be going overboard - it doesn't work for some groups, or the musicians don't have the background to try it. I love just about everything Clapton's been involved in, but his acoutic stuff is not very intriguing...

That might be going overboard - it doesn't work for some groups, or the musicians don't have the background to try it. I love just about everything Clapton's been involved in, but his acoutic stuff is not very intriguing...

Then that just proves my point, doesn't it? ;)

Archived