RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

Nice post Eternal, but isn't she from Illinois? When did she get "tucked away" in the south? Not sure. Anyway, upon further thought, I just miss Robert's very expressive sexuality on stage in this collaboration but I guess he'd kinda look out of place "flaunting it and teasing -(the audience)" when she and the rest of the band are so sedate. Wonder if it bothers him? He's not exactly being himself here. Im guessing we are waiting so long on Sand II because he doesn't want to do anything even close to THAT again. He's always changing. Robert can jump into any style/genre of music but then he's gonna have to see if she can also do that? Sounds like he has his work cut out for him, especially since he will probably have to do most of the songwriting. I understand she doesn't write? Not sure.

P.S. Can't view your videos here. Have to get home to see. Very interested.

Neatly tucked away in Americana is what I wrote.

That's their style. Alison has her own style and why that's an issue, I'm not quite sure. Not everyone that's Americana or bluegrass or country has to be a certain way.

Since when did being stiff amount to a matter of style? I thought that she had a better musical education than that. Man, did her teachers ever sell her a bill of goods.

An artist stagnates when she becomes too limited.

There is nothing quite like being suffocated by country. Country has always had its limits.

Robert Plant cannot be stupid enough to fall for that hook, line and sinker.

It is fine that he appreciates her wonderful voice, but not all that glitters is gold, and dammit, he knows that. It's fine if he wants to explore the artistic merits, just please do not allow country to ruin your artistic judgement and contribute to early senility. Thank you.

And for anyone who thinks that every country song ever written is equivalent to the holy gospel, please accept my apologies for disagreeing with you. Have a nice day.

Just because someone sings a country song does not mean that you must relax all of your artistic standards and go backwards into the malaise of hickdom.

Just because you play the fiddle does not mean that you must allow it to paralyze you. Patsy Cline would never have done that. She had lots of style, she was not stiff and she knew plenty of fiddlers. So if you want to live up to the fame you have earned then please have a little credibility to go with it.

No one wants to see the hillbilly hell tour. Maybe Hank III can pull it off but he knows how.

And btw, welcome to my soapbox.

Since when did being stiff amount to a matter of style? I thought that she had a better musical education than that. Man, did her teachers ever sell her a bill of goods.

An artist stagnates when she becomes too limited.

There is nothing quite like being suffocated by country. Country has always had its limits.

Robert Plant cannot be stupid enough to fall for that hook, line and sinker.

It is fine that he appreciates her wonderful voice, but not all that glitters is gold, and dammit, he knows that. It's fine if he wants to explore the artistic merits, just please do not allow country to ruin your artistic judgement and contribute to early senility. Thank you.

And for anyone who thinks that every country song ever written is equivalent to the holy gospel, please accept my apologies for disagreeing with you. Have a nice day.

Just because someone sings a country song does not mean that you must relax all of your artistic standards and go backwards into the malaise of hickdom.

Just because you play the fiddle does not mean that you must allow it to paralyze you. Patsy Cline would never have done that. She had lots of style, she was not stiff and she knew plenty of fiddlers. So if you want to live up to the fame you have earned then please have a little credibility to go with it.

No one wants to see the hillbilly hell tour. Maybe Hank III can pull it off but he knows how.

And btw, welcome to my soapbox.

I do not think this will turn into a Hillbilly Hell tour, I have not even heard the word tour mentioned in relation to this project, and I think we are still many months away from seeing any finished product from Plant/Krauss. However, with all due respect, if you do not like what they are doing you do not have to buy the finished product or attend any of the concerts. You can tune it all out, easily, as I do with tv shows I do not enjoy. I simply do not watch.

Nice post Eternal, but isn't she from Illinois? When did she get "tucked away" in the south? Not sure. Anyway, upon further thought, I just miss Robert's very expressive sexuality on stage in this collaboration but I guess he'd kinda look out of place "flaunting it and teasing -(the audience)" when she and the rest of the band are so sedate. Wonder if it bothers him? He's not exactly being himself here. Im guessing we are waiting so long on Sand II because he doesn't want to do anything even close to THAT again. He's always changing. Robert can jump into any style/genre of music but then he's gonna have to see if she can also do that? Sounds like he has his work cut out for him, especially since he will probably have to do most of the songwriting. I understand she doesn't write? Not sure.

P.S. Can't view your videos here. Have to get home to see. Very interested.

If he didn't want to behave/perform a certain way, he wouldn't do it. In other words, the definition of "himself" isn't stagnant, either.

Since when did being stiff amount to a matter of style?  I thought that she had a better musical education than that.  Man, did her teachers ever sell her a bill of goods. An artist stagnates when she becomes too limited. There is nothing quite like being suffocated by country.  Country has always had its limits. Robert Plant cannot be stupid enough to fall for that hook, line and sinker. It is fine that he appreciates her wonderful voice, but not all that glitters is gold, and dammit, he knows that.  It's fine if he wants to explore the artistic merits, just please do not allow country to ruin your artistic judgement and contribute to early senility.  Thank you. And for anyone who thinks that every country song ever written is equivalent to the holy gospel,  please accept my apologies for disagreeing with you.  Have a nice day. Just because someone sings a country song does not mean that you must relax all of your artistic standards and go backwards into the malaise of hickdom.  Just because you play the fiddle does not mean that you must allow it to paralyze you.  Patsy Cline would never have done that.  She had lots of style, she was not stiff and she knew plenty of fiddlers.  So if you want to live up to the fame you have earned then please have a little credibility to go with it.  No one wants to see the hillbilly hell tour.  Maybe Hank III can pull it off but he knows how. And btw, welcome to my soapbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzUqGX6p98o

Love the Whole Lotta Love Video!!!! THAT is what I miss so much! BTW, I believe the tall guy with the long blond hair is Francis Dunnery? Do you know him?? VERY talented. Worked with Robert on Fate of Nations. Check him out if you can on his website. He does solo performances, has his own group and if you can believe this, he does personalized astrological charts!!!!He's an amazing singer. VERY beautiful, pure voice that totally compliments Robert's when they sing together. Not sure but I believe it's him singing "8:05" with Robert off of Fate of Nations in addition to various accompanying vocals.

Love the Whole Lotta Love Video!!!! THAT is what I miss so much! BTW, I believe the tall guy with the long blond hair is Francis Dunnery? Do you know him?? VERY talented. Worked with Robert on Fate of Nations. Check him out if you can on his website. He does solo performances, has his own group and if you can believe this, he does personalized astrological charts!!!!He's an amazing singer. VERY beautiful, pure voice that totally compliments Robert's when they sing together. Not sure but I believe it's him singing "8:05" with Robert off of Fate of Nations in addition to various accompanying vocals.

I saw Robert when he was with Strange Sensation...Totally in his groove B) .......

Also saw him with Alison......we had excellent seats ...#5 from the front center!! :rolleyes: ...he was smokin' :faint1: ...But......The WHOLE time I think we were all waiting anxiously for him to just let loose!! One of the best songs he actually let go and got into was"I'm in the mood".The rest of the time he acted like it was a strain to "behave"....Maybe it was all on purpose?!!Because we sure left there wanting MORE!!! :bravo:

OMG I've been looking for that 8:05 video! Thanks so much for it! ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Kevin kinda resembles Francis but that was long ago. Robert looks HOT! Who does Robert sing "Naked If I Want To" with? Is that also Kevin? Can you find that video if there is one??

BTW What does everyone think about Robert's "NO Quarter" version of Battle of Evermore with that Indian girl? I really loved it. I always wanted to hear him sing that with Maire Brennan. SHE'd be perfect for it.

I NEVER saw Robert with Strange Sensation and OMG I could kill myself for it! How about Justin Adams!!!! We really need to hear him do more with them and especially Justin!!!

How does Robert look in person and you were so close! I need EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. I think he's still hot. And yeah, Robert does seem like he's "straining to behave" . Exactly what I've been talking about. BTW I never meant to insinuate that Blue Grass or Country or "Americana" style music is STIFF. I just think Alison is but solely because it's just her nature. Robert should collaborate with someone more on his "level of expression" HOWEVER we may all get too jealous if he ever finds such a person.

And wait a minute! c4plant! I forgot to elaborate on that amazing WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! I'm still shakin! I won't spell this out but he F's every NOTE and the audience at the same time! Only if he tore off all his clothes at the end would it have been any more perfect. WAY BEYOND any other performance of that I've ever seen even with Led Zep! OH DADDY!!!!!

OMG I've been looking for that 8:05 video! Thanks so much for it! ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Kevin kinda resembles Francis but that was long ago. Robert looks HOT! Who does Robert sing "Naked If I Want To" with? Is that also Kevin? Can you find that video if there is one??

BTW What does everyone think about Robert's "NO Quarter" version of Battle of Evermore with that Indian girl? I really loved it. I always wanted to hear him sing that with Maire Brennan. SHE'd be perfect for it.

Najma Aktar - I like the version though I think the version he does with Alison Krauss is more interesting.

I NEVER saw Robert with Strange Sensation and OMG I could kill myself for it! How about Justin Adams!!!! We really need to hear him do more with them and especially Justin!!!

How does Robert look in person and you were so close! I need EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. I think he's still hot. And yeah, Robert does seem like he's "straining to behave" . Exactly what I've been talking about. BTW I never meant to insinuate that Blue Grass or Country or "Americana" style music is STIFF. I just think Alison is but solely because it's just her nature. Robert should collaborate with someone more on his "level of expression" HOWEVER we may all get too jealous if he ever finds such a person.

Shame you missed Strange Sensation - fabulous band and Justin's work with Juldeh Camara is also stunning both live and on record.

Alison's angelic voice and stellar fiddle playing are how she presents herself on stage. She's not about "hip shaking" or what not. That's not who she is and the fact that Robert moves on stage more IMO doesn't make them a bad pairing. The contrast is what made their collaboration unique. Robert's always looking for people NOT like him who challenge him and lead him into new directions. Why would we get jealous of whoever he collaborates with?

Guess I'm possessive of him in my own crazy way. No one else feel that way? I get the contrast stuff but.... okay, whatever. Rather have more of HIM. Just hoping that whatever he does NEXT involves a tour because I'm definitely there no matter what the music is.

Guess I'm possessive of him in my own crazy way. No one else feel that way? I get the contrast stuff but.... okay, whatever. Rather have more of HIM. Just hoping that whatever he does NEXT involves a tour because I'm definitely there no matter what the music is.

He's so hot! How did his hair look in person? it's so pretty. How about his eyes? So blue right? He's still got such a great body!!! OMG I need to see him!!!!!!! Did he look over at you? So great.

I would love to talk to someone who actually met him and was close to him. Don't laugh but I need to know what he smells like!

He's so hot! How did his hair look in person? it's so pretty. How about his eyes? So blue right? He's still got such a great body!!! OMG I need to see him!!!!!!! Did he look over at you? So great.

I would love to talk to someone who actually met him and was close to him. Don't laugh but I need to know what he smells like!

He looked like this when I saw him in 1973. He may have noticed me once. I remember the heat of the crowd and the scent of coffee and maple syrup in the morning.

la73-9.jpg

He was ever like the proud lion as he approached us on stage....he just carries himself with so much confidence and drop dead sexiness :veryhot:

It takes your breath away!!!

I was close enough to see the buckles on his boots and the little green light on his heated tea mug backstage...

sadly not close enough to tell you how gorgeous he must have smelled!!! :blush:

It was so much fun to see how playful he was that night...truly having fun!

That 1973 photo. Yummy. Yeah, he'd definitely be perfect with some maple syrup for sure! Wonder if he wears some sort of cologne? Looks like he'd be into that but not sure. He's definitely particular about what he wears. Did anyone see his performance on that Jools Holland show where he did songs from Fate of Nations? He was wearing a Johnny Depp white "pirate" shirt WAY opened down the front, brown leather pants and his hair tied back with a ribbon. OMGGGGGGG.

Archived