RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

I happened to be in the studio with Toto a couple of years ago when Elliot Scheiner was finishing the mixing of the album. This was at the very end of July while negotiations on the artwork were already under way at the time though there was still some major disagreement on the issue between band and record label.

However, the album was ready for release at the end of September, then followed by a tour in early November.

Some time ago, someone close to Robert and others involved in the RS 2 project indicated that a release was probable to happen in September/October. Based on the circumstances (and the time) the anticipated release date was mentioned, I assume that it was genuine information. Whether the project will be ready for release by then will surely depend on the progress being made now that the pre-recordings are under way and probable projects by the participants might be ahead with regard to recording or touring engagements of the musicians participating in the album.

Touring as a promotion tool could both be done prior to the release (as is often done by artists when playing festivals in order to present parts of the new material, i.e. Toto had then interupted their recording work in order to do a small festival tour in May/June when only 3-4 songs of the album had been finished) or afterwards given the timeline of the promotion plan and the musicians' schedules which might be conflicting at times.

From what I have heard Rounder is already very much engaged in the preparations for the forthcoming promo campaign which will be spearheaded by a newly designed promotion tool with regard to a substantial internet campaign in order to exploit its massive potential for music distribution. :)

Yes - it's been discussed in this press release that the new Robert/Alison record will be one of the test cases for the new internet software.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/1/prweb1884494.htm

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to give this thread a bump as T Bone Burnett quite recently disavowed any knowledge of the status of this second album. Now, that could be because his involvement has been complete for some time or it could mean there is some truth to the speculation that it's been scrapped. It is interesting to note there has been no subsequent promotion and no tour dates materialized in 2009. (Yeah, I know Robert said he was taking a two year break from touring...he says a lot of things). This from a private email I received today and have been allowed to share:

Here's what's funny Steve. I'm an aquaintance of Buddy Miller. I speak with him frequently when he is in Nashville. When I spoke with him in July/Aug '09 he said that in the short 2-3 week span of putting down new material for the 2nd Plant/Krause collaboration, they'd done 16 tracks. I asked if there was much overdubbing to be done and he said that for the most part the 16 tracks were completed. NOT entirely but mostly. So as I said, I talked to ONE of the horse's mouths and that's exactly what Buddy said to me...ask him if you can, he's an honest chap.

Just wanted to give this thread a bump as T Bone Burnett quite recently disavowed any knowledge of the status of this second album. Now, that could be because his involvement has been complete for some time or it could mean there is some truth to the speculation that it's been scrapped. It is interesting to note there has been no subsequent promotion and no tour dates materialized in 2009. (Yeah, I know Robert said he was taking a two year break from touring...he says a lot of things). This from a private email I received today and have been allowed to share:

Here's what's funny Steve. I'm an aquaintance of Buddy Miller. I speak with him frequently when he is in Nashville. When I spoke with him in July/Aug '09 he said that in the short 2-3 week span of putting down new material for the 2nd Plant/Krause collaboration, they'd done 16 tracks. I asked if there was much overdubbing to be done and he said that for the most part the 16 tracks were completed. NOT entirely but mostly. So as I said, I talked to ONE of the horse's mouths and that's exactly what Buddy said to me...ask him if you can, he's an honest chap.

Interesting piece of news, thanks for sharing Steve.

T Bone is actually the executive producer of a new television series currently being filmed in Nashville,(Tough Trade) and Alison Krauss is working with Union Station in the studio (peppered with random live performances). And Buddy is working on a new album, and is appearing at the Belcourt Theatre in January to try out his new material on a live audience. I think everyone is busy with other projects.

No offense Steve but not knowing who the source of the email is, it doesn't really substantiate anything. Anyone could say they know or heard etc.

No offense Steve but not knowing who the source of the email is, it doesn't really substantiate anything. Anyone could say they know or heard etc.

Agreed, but my adding it comes from a credible source in Nashville may make it at least worthy of consideration. All I'm

getting at is we all know at least some studio work was done on a follow-up album nearly ten months ago but nothing

has been reported since then. That's not unheard of, just seems out of character for the principles involved.

Sorry never knew it was a competition :blink:

Sorry WW don't follow this comment??? :blink::blink:

Just posting some food for thought from someone else's perspective on the whole where's Raising Sand 2 saga!

And someone who has alot of good info from many sources and shares it generously.

Yes, good point. I wonder how it sounds.

It's my understanding none of what was recorded with T-Bone earlier last year will be used on the album. They

(Plant & Krauss) do have consensus on the sound they hope to achieve when recording resumes at a later time.

It's my understanding none of what was recorded with T-Bone earlier last year will be used on the album. They

(Plant & Krauss) do have consensus on the sound they hope to achieve when recording resumes at a later time.

Robert loves that swampy sound and they've turned to the right guy for it.

Love,

Billy

Sorry WW don't follow this comment??? :blink::blink:

Just posting some food for thought from someone else's perspective on the whole where's Raising Sand 2 saga!

And someone who has alot of good info from many sources and shares it generously.

Sorry lost in translation.

I don't understand why there is so much secrecy about all of this. I guess they just like keeping the mystery and anticipation alive... :shifty:

As for me, I'll continue to wait patiently. I'm very much looking forward to hearing their new material.

Archived