RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

I don't understand why there is so much secrecy about all of this. I guess they just like keeping the mystery and anticipation alive... :shifty:

As for me, I'll continue to wait patiently. I'm very much looking forward to hearing their new material.

I look forward to hearing it too. I don't really think there's any more secrecy with this album than the last one or any of Robert's in the past IMO.

I don't understand why there is so much secrecy about all of this. I guess they just like keeping the mystery and anticipation alive... :shifty:

As for me, I'll continue to wait patiently. I'm very much looking forward to hearing their new material.

I can't speak to whatever is enamanating from Plant's alleged inner circle that posts on message boards, however there has been no secrecy from Alison Krauss. She is telling everyone that she has been busy trying to finish an album with Union Station and has not had much time to consider RS2.

There has been no secrecy from Alison Krauss. She is telling everyone that she has been busy trying to finish an album with Union Station and has not had much time to consider RS2.

...yet everything she and Robert already recorded with T-Bone the first half of last year has been scrapped...

Heard they may have a new producer - Daniel Lanois and T-Bone is History. Also, Robert did some work with Lanois lead singer, some demos. Will it be robert and TWO women this time?? I just miss hearing JUST HIM. Where was the "sex" in Raising Sand? Seemed to have been buried?

Heard they may have a new producer - Daniel Lanois and T-Bone is History. Also, Robert did some work with Lanois lead singer, some demos. Will it be robert and TWO women this time?? I just miss hearing JUST HIM. Where was the "sex" in Raising Sand? Seemed to have been buried?

Well, I don't know sex is indispensable in music.

Sex sells, as every advertiser knows.

But having sex in a relationship means that you need to establish a comfortable level of intimacy and trust.

Sometimes it takes more than a fumbling attempt by an adolescent who only thinks that he is an adult. For instance, at 1:52, when one of the young players comes on to the older girl in the dance class...

You live around here?

I got a Harley-Davidson.

Does that turn you on...

Harley-Davidson?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6FqqvtRogNE

It doesn't work on a grown-up level.

Thinking back to Robert's success with the Honeydripper's project (having two successful radio singles/videos, "Rockin' At Midnight" and "Sea of Love")... Robert didn't do another Honeydripper's record,

so he probably won't release another Raising Sand. He's probably moved on to other things like he's known to do (working with Daniel Lanois and others).

We'll see, though.

R:)

When I say where is the "sex" in Raising Sand I don't mean actual SEX. Robert has a totally uninhibited smoldering sexuality and sensuousness when he sings that is breathtaking and TO ME when he sings with AK, he totally is holding all of that back to accommodate her abilities and get on her level of expression. It's frustrating if you know what I mean? Do you know what I mean??? I' sure you women out there know EXACTLY what I mean. AK has a very pleasant voice but there's no intensity in THAT sort of way. She's STIFF to me. I still don't get that collaboration. Sorry. Let's see what happens NEXT TIME.

LOLL. I tried NOT to shout! I just get "emotional" sometimes. Also, you do NOT have to have an intimate relationship with someone (I believe someone mentioned some such) to be able to perform the way I am speaking of. It's called being a TRUE PERFORMER. I'd like to see them take a totally different route. More into Robert's delta blues/rock/middle eastern music. Hmmmmm. Maybe NOT. Let's see what happens.....

LOLL. I tried NOT to shout! I just get "emotional" sometimes. Also, you do NOT have to have an intimate relationship with someone (I believe someone mentioned some such) to be able to perform the way I am speaking of. It's called being a TRUE PERFORMER. I'd like to see them take a totally different route. More into Robert's delta blues/rock/middle eastern music. Hmmmmm. Maybe NOT. Let's see what happens.....

I totally got what you meant with "sex", and I meant it in the same way when I said I don't think "sex" has to be there in music.

When I say where is the "sex" in Raising Sand I don't mean actual SEX. Robert has a totally uninhibited smoldering sexuality and sensuousness when he sings that is breathtaking and TO ME when he sings with AK, he totally is holding all of that back to accommodate her abilities and get on her level of expression. It's frustrating if you know what I mean? Do you know what I mean??? I' sure you women out there know EXACTLY what I mean. AK has a very pleasant voice but there's no intensity in THAT sort of way. She's STIFF to me. I still don't get that collaboration. Sorry. Let's see what happens NEXT TIME.

Because there is a boundary in that relationship.

Also, she developed her talents in a nurturing environment, but it wasn't 42nd Street. Being tucked neatly away in Americana, with the exceptions of some areas of the Dirty South and the Wild West, can take its toll on a person's expressive capabilities.

And so much of her career is about the Grammies, so that tends to put anyone in lockstep to the dictates of what the audience clamors for.

Sometimes the audience wants sex, sometimes it does not. In her case, very often, her most loyal audience prefers the ethereal, unscathed-by-compromising-sex type of performer.

So she leaves them laughing and keeps her dignity. She'll be performing until she is Katherine Hepburn's age with a successful career.

She more easily blends into the America's sweetheart vein, somewhat like Loretta Lynn. You're not looking at Gypsy Rose Lee there.

You can see a lot of Gypsy Rose Lee in Robert Plant though.

But you have to give some credit to Loretta Lynn because she did those songs with Conway Twitty.

You can see a difference between Alison Krauss and Dolly Parton. There is a lot more Gypsy Rose Lee in Dolly Parton. :-)

SMOLDERING!!! :veryhot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpMUoUwlcjA

Because there is a boundary in that relationship.

Also, she developed her talents in a nurturing environment, but it wasn't 42nd Street. Being tucked neatly away in Americana, with the exceptions of some areas of the Dirty South and the Wild West, can take its toll on a person's expressive capabilities.

And so much of her career is about the Grammies, so that tends to put anyone in lockstep to the dictates of what the audience clamors for.

Sometimes the audience wants sex, sometimes it does not. In her case, very often, her most loyal audience prefers the ethereal, unscathed-by-compromising-sex type of performer.

So she leaves them laughing and keeps her dignity. She'll be performing until she is Katherine Hepburn's age with a successful career.

She more easily blends into the America's sweetheart vein, somewhat like Loretta Lynn. You're not looking at Gypsy Rose Lee there.

You can see a lot of Gypsy Rose Lee in Robert Plant though.

But you have to give some credit to Loretta Lynn because she did those songs with Conway Twitty.

You can see a difference between Alison Krauss and Dolly Parton. There is a lot more Gypsy Rose Lee in Dolly Parton. :-)

I don't get the impression the music Alison creates is driven by Grammy awards. She just happens to be that talented to have earned so many over the years. I would also not say that the environment she was raised took a toll on her expressive capabilities. She expresses herself in a different manner than Robert but I don't view that as a bad thing.

I don't get the impression the music Alison creates is driven by Grammy awards. She just happens to be that talented to have earned so many over the years. I would also not say that the environment she was raised took a toll on her expressive capabilities. She expresses herself in a different manner than Robert but I don't view that as a bad thing.

Do you see Alison Krauss anywhere in this video?

Or in this one?

Both of these videos are pure Americana, but there is nothing stiff about them, and they are very musical.

Do you see Alison Krauss anywhere in this video?

Or in this one?

Both of these videos are pure Americana, but there is nothing stiff about them, and they are very musical.

That's their style. Alison has her own style and why that's an issue, I'm not quite sure. Not everyone that's Americana or bluegrass or country has to be a certain way.

FWIW, Alison is much more relaxed and talkative with her own band, Union Station. However she has been playing with those musicians for years, and has known most of those guys since she was a teenager. They joke and banter back and forth between songs, tell "bus" stories, etc. She was more formal and less relaxed with the Raising Sand Band and Robert, but I could tell a huge difference between the first show of the tour and the Nashville show. Her comfort level was increasing throughout the tour, because she was getting to know everyone better and they were all probably growing closer as a result of touring together.

If the second part of the project involves different musicians and producers, and a different style all together, as it appears to be shaping up,we will just have to wait and see how the chemistry evolves.

Nice post Eternal, but isn't she from Illinois? When did she get "tucked away" in the south? Not sure. Anyway, upon further thought, I just miss Robert's very expressive sexuality on stage in this collaboration but I guess he'd kinda look out of place "flaunting it and teasing -(the audience)" when she and the rest of the band are so sedate. Wonder if it bothers him? He's not exactly being himself here. Im guessing we are waiting so long on Sand II because he doesn't want to do anything even close to THAT again. He's always changing. Robert can jump into any style/genre of music but then he's gonna have to see if she can also do that? Sounds like he has his work cut out for him, especially since he will probably have to do most of the songwriting. I understand she doesn't write? Not sure.

P.S. Can't view your videos here. Have to get home to see. Very interested.

Archived