RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

Just got home from a nice dinner with the owner of Rounder records.

For those that don't know , that's the Plant / Krauss label.

So, the scoop is they are beginning recording sessions on January 12/13.

The first sessions feature most of the same musicians from Raising Sand.

T-Bone once again is the driving force and has apparently chosen most of the tracks.

The songs being considered were sent to Rob and Allison only weeks ago.

Rob and Allison will choose a song or two each for the production.

Nashville is the meeting ground for the first studio sessions.

Not sure which studio , but it was cool to hear how it all goes down.

Rounder records basically pays for all costs on whatever they produce.

My " friend " just sent the cheque last week for all expenses.

Following the new CD , a small tour is planned.

A 15 to 20 city tour is all they are expected to do.

Summer dates are being negotiated.

In addition , it is confirmed that Rob and Allison will perform at this year's Grammy's.

That's all I can say for now.

It's valid and real.

CheerZ

Ummm..

Robert already told us he wasn't touring for at least another 2 years. Sounds like your souce is a little bit off because Robert gave us a press release.

Sorry, but this ain't a question and answer topic for me.

I'm just telling what I heard from the people involved.

Small tour is all he said they were thinking of.

After asking , he said that all new Cd's need some support with a tour.

It makes sense , so anyway, this is from the people in the business paying the bills.

Carry on my friend.

Peace

Nashville in January??? Someone needs to inform Robert we are having a horrible winter.

LA would be much nicer. :)

This will be interesting news to the members of Union Station, who are under the impression they will be touring with Alison in the Fall.

Sorry, but this ain't a question and answer topic for me.

I'm just telling what I heard from the people involved.

Small tour is all he said they were thinking of.

After asking , he said that all new Cd's need some support with a tour.

It makes sense , so anyway, this is from the people in the business paying the bills.

Carry on my friend.

Peace

Sorry for what? Your horrid grammar?

You can say that it's from the people involved, but I think Robert is involved when Robert goes on tour. As a matter of fact, I'll find the information. I believe the press reports over your post. You may have heard that, but I believe that the press release is a bit more official.

You can say that it's from the people involved, but I think Robert is involved when Robert goes on tour. As a matter of fact, I'll find the information. I believe the press reports over your post. You may have heard that, but I believe that the press release is a bit more official.

Why the hostility ??? Wow , I'm a pacifist, and didn't mean to ruffle feathers .

The press announcements are what they are , and also told me the stock market was safe not long ago. Whatever . I'm not here to dispute, change or reshape anyone's belief's.

As a Zepp fan , I thought it important because it demonstrates to me that there are no secret LZ reunion plans or something along that line.

That is what's relevant to me.

Sorry for the disillusionment.

Peace

Chill out...drop the attitude.

If this does happen, I for one will be very happy. Even if it is a small tour they do to promote the record, I plan on being at a few! Considering how well the first record did, I think the 2nd one will sell well also. Makes sense to promote it by touring. It does contradict the press release as far as touring goes, but he's got a right to change his mind. Fingers crossed a tour (of any size) happens!

Now, the press release is being reinterpreted? Will the madness ever stop?

"After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years" -Plant's website

Maybe he just meant anyone other than himself (and Alison)... to remove any idea of a Zeppelin reunion... :)

R B)

Maybe he just meant anyone other than himself (and Alison)... to remove any idea of a Zeppelin reunion... :)

R B)

I think we will see Alison out with Union Station before we see any touring to support Raising Sand 2, based on information that is publicly available in the news media here in Nashville. I really think the Raising Sand 2 tour will occur in 2010. Straight from the Tennessean "Music Predictions for 2009"

ALISON KRAUSS

Like some great screen actress, Alison Krauss often seems lit from the inside. Good thing, as she’s constantly reflecting her light onto others. Three stunningly intelligent yet stunningly ignored Tennessee songwriters — Robert Lee Castleman, Sarah Siskind and Julie Lee — have taken spotlight bows after Krauss found, internalized and interpreted their work. And her concerts are showcases for the individual talents of band members Ron Block, Dan Tyminski, Barry Bales and Jerry Douglas, with each player’s star turn adding to the ensemble’s impact. Her work with Robert Plant lifted songs by Townes Van Zandt (“Nothin’ ”) and Rowland Salley (“Killing the Blues”) into the public consciousness. Next year, there should be another album with band Union Station, and more chances to reflect that light.

-Peter Cooper

Archived