RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

I think we will see Alison out with Union Station before we see any touring to support Raising Sand 2, based on information that is publicly available in the news media here in Nashville. I really think the Raising Sand 2 tour will occur in 2010. Straight from the Tennessean "Music Predictions for 2009"

ALISON KRAUSS

Like some great screen actress, Alison Krauss often seems lit from the inside. Good thing, as she’s constantly reflecting her light onto others. Three stunningly intelligent yet stunningly ignored Tennessee songwriters — Robert Lee Castleman, Sarah Siskind and Julie Lee — have taken spotlight bows after Krauss found, internalized and interpreted their work. And her concerts are showcases for the individual talents of band members Ron Block, Dan Tyminski, Barry Bales and Jerry Douglas, with each player’s star turn adding to the ensemble’s impact. Her work with Robert Plant lifted songs by Townes Van Zandt (“Nothin’ ”) and Rowland Salley (“Killing the Blues”) into the public consciousness. Next year, there should be another album with band Union Station, and more chances to reflect that light.

-Peter Cooper

It seems Alison will go out with Union Station, I still keep the hope that Robert will have some time with the Strange Sensation. He had talked about their work before he went together with Alison.

It seems Alison will go out with Union Station, I still keep the hope that Robert will have some time with the Strange Sensation. He had talked about their work before he went together with Alison.

It would be great to see Strange Sensation together again, that's for sure.

Alison will be one busy lady in 09 from the sound of things!

I really hope Robert does something while Alison is touring with Union Station, because if he does nothing I fear all the message boards and Internet and media herd will spontaneously combust. He will have to go into hiding to see any peace.

I really hope Robert does something while Alison is touring with Union Station, because if he does nothing I fear all the message boards and Internet and media herd will spontaneously combust. He will have to go into hiding to see any peace.

Oh, I hope he does something too. But don't worry, I agree with eternal light. He can manage it. B)

And what's wrong if he sits on the couch and watches football all day long with a remote control in his hands? :o He is a serious fan!!! :lol:

Oh, I hope he does something too. But don't worry, I agree with eternal light. He can manage it. B)

And what's wrong if he sits on the couch and watches football all day long with a remote control in his hands? :o He is a serious fan!!! :lol:

We don't want to upset Mick Wall, he may feel the need to write another book. :lol:

maybe robert can bring himself to write a new song or two for this endeavor. one can hope.

i also hope allison doesn't screw things up with union station. that is a killer band...

t-bone in the fold is a good thing. i've always liked him and his taste is impeccable.

of couse, this bodes bad for the secret (or not-so-secret) zep reunion wishers. hard feelings are difficult to escape. i understand.

let's use good form when reading personal revealing posts. after all, this is the proper place for them. let's keep it that way, even if you don't like the news. as someone once said: "all will be revealed"...

Robert will tour w/ Ally in 2009 - no doubt. The new music will get him all excited to perform live and he'll go about his business as usual. Forget that 2 year "absence" crap - that's just Robert being Robert.

Also, I predict that he will make an appearence with his old pals for a 3 night stand somewhere special.

Really hope Robert and Alison return to the UK, Wembley is really quite out the way for me so couldn't see them last time around.

Shame that this new album doesnt appear to be originals but hey, I'm sure itll be amazing whatever it is.

From what I see on Youtube they nailed the Zeppelin songs live - would be great to have recordings of Battle Of Evermore and Black Country Woman to name but two.

It would be great to see Strange Sensation together again, that's for sure.

Seconded! Hope that something will happen again with that band, such talent.

Robert did perform with Justin Adams last year though so possibly they're still in contact.

Really hope Robert and Alison return to the UK, Wembley is really quite out the way for me so couldn't see them last time around.

Shame that this new album doesnt appear to be originals but hey, I'm sure itll be amazing whatever it is.

From what I see on Youtube they nailed the Zeppelin songs live - would be great to have recordings of Battle Of Evermore and Black Country Woman to name but two.

Seconded! Hope that something will happen again with that band, such talent.

Robert did perform with Justin Adams last year though so possibly they're still in contact.

I would assume they'd play in England again if/when they tour. They were also in Birmingham and Manchester but being geographically challenged, I don't know how near either are to you.

Who knows if there might be an original snuck on there. Nothing has been said but I think it would be really interesting to see what they'd come up with together.

Justin is an amazing musician - I was so hoping he'd tour with his new project in the states. I know he did a lot of dates around the UK and from those who saw it, heard nothing but great reviews.

I would assume they'd play in England again if/when they tour. They were also in Birmingham and Manchester but being geographically challenged, I don't know how near either are to you.

Who knows if there might be an original snuck on there. Nothing has been said but I think it would be really interesting to see what they'd come up with together.

Justin is an amazing musician - I was so hoping he'd tour with his new project in the states. I know he did a lot of dates around the UK and from those who saw it, heard nothing but great reviews.

Well I live in Kent, which is nearish Central London but the journey to Wembley is annoying, very long and tedious. Also I'm not a huge fan of the venue myself. Hoped they would play the Royal Albert Hall or something as that seems more suited to the genre of the project.

Havent actually seen Justin live or heard any of his solo tracks, checking him out on MySpace now.

I think Robert will our with Strange Sensation again, Raising Sand 2 followed by tour followed by break, after the 2 year break I guess there may be a Strange Sensation album/tour.

Well I live in Kent, which is nearish Central London but the journey to Wembley is annoying, very long and tedious. Also I'm not a huge fan of the venue myself. Hoped they would play the Royal Albert Hall or something as that seems more suited to the genre of the project.

Havent actually seen Justin live or heard any of his solo tracks, checking him out on MySpace now.

I think Robert will our with Strange Sensation again, Raising Sand 2 followed by tour followed by break, after the 2 year break I guess there may be a Strange Sensation album/tour.

I'd highly recommend both Justin's cds - Desert Road and Soul Science.

I think we will see Alison out with Union Station before we see any touring to support Raising Sand 2, based on information that is publicly available in the news media here in Nashville. I really think the Raising Sand 2 tour will occur in 2010. Straight from the Tennessean "Music Predictions for 2009"

ALISON KRAUSS

Like some great screen actress, Alison Krauss often seems lit from the inside. Good thing, as she’s constantly reflecting her light onto others. Three stunningly intelligent yet stunningly ignored Tennessee songwriters — Robert Lee Castleman, Sarah Siskind and Julie Lee — have taken spotlight bows after Krauss found, internalized and interpreted their work. And her concerts are showcases for the individual talents of band members Ron Block, Dan Tyminski, Barry Bales and Jerry Douglas, with each player’s star turn adding to the ensemble’s impact. Her work with Robert Plant lifted songs by Townes Van Zandt (“Nothin’ ”) and Rowland Salley (“Killing the Blues”) into the public consciousness. Next year, there should be another album with band Union Station, and more chances to reflect that light.

-Peter Cooper

Thanks for the info. Also, on my way back from Greensboro today, I decided to pop in "Raising Sand". What a wonderful CD!! I hadn't listened to it in a while, but fell in love with it all over again. I can't wait to see what the next CD brings!! I am also interested in hearing a new Union Station CD too. :D

I think all of this with Robert saying he wouldn't tour for two years was his way of saying it may be a while till he went out on the road again, but not necessarily two years. Possibly his way to put a rid on the rumor mongers. I'm sure he's tired of all of it. I personally don't believe he can go two years without touring since he's getting up there. Take advantage of the opportunity. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Robert's and Alison's next project and see them on The Grammy's.

I've never been a fan of the so-called show either, but this time gives me an excuse to watch them for good reason.

Me neither but I always end up watching them anyways. This year of course I will be actually paying attention :D

Though I wonder if a couple of the categories Robert and Alison are nominated for won't be ones announced earlier in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got home from a nice dinner with the owner of Rounder records.

For those that don't know , that's the Plant / Krauss label.

So, the scoop is they are beginning recording sessions on January 12/13.

The first sessions feature most of the same musicians from Raising Sand.

T-Bone once again is the driving force and has apparently chosen most of the tracks.

The songs being considered were sent to Rob and Allison only weeks ago.

Rob and Allison will choose a song or two each for the production.

Nashville is the meeting ground for the first studio sessions.

Not sure which studio , but it was cool to hear how it all goes down.

Rounder records basically pays for all costs on whatever they produce.

My " friend " just sent the cheque last week for all expenses.

Following the new CD , a small tour is planned.

A 15 to 20 city tour is all they are expected to do.

Summer dates are being negotiated.

In addition , it is confirmed that Rob and Allison will perform at this year's Grammy's.

That's all I can say for now.

It's valid and real.

CheerZ

Thank You

http://lemonsqueezings.blogspot.com/

Archived