RAISING SAND 2

Zepp-4-Life

Raising Sand is one of the most overrated albums of the last Year, I love Blue Grass music and it's often thrilling and exciting music but this album is just plain boring. the version of "Fortune Teller" is terrible and a few times after hearing it I've Dug out The Who's "Live at Leeds" to clense my ears and hear the superb version they did.

A much better buy over the last 12 months for me has been the Fleet Foxes album & EP, though not blue grass by any means it out classes the Raising Sand album.

Graham

I love the Fleet Foxes too - great new band but I can't see comparing it to Raising Sand. Two completely different musical styles.

I don't hear even a hint of "bluegrass" on Raising Sand. As for the length of time it's been out, it was released on October 23rd, 2007. It didn't even come out in 2008.

It's an album that's been classed as Bluegrass by some charts in the US and Allison is a Bluegrass artist and a good one at that, but this collaboration just doesn't work for me. I know it came out in October 2007 but it's been gathering it's momentum over the last year or so. I guess I brought up the Fleetfoxes because both Raising Sand & their album have that earthy log cabin type of feel but one works & one doesn't.

I'm not one of these who thinks Robert should be with Zep & not doing other things, it's only the fact for me Raising Sand doesn't work & both artists involved have done much better in the past for me, but maybe vol 2 will be better here's hoping as I don't dislike everything on RS there's a couple of good performances on it but I find I can't listen to it in one go as it bores me after the first 2 songs.

We are all different & I'm glad Roberts had success with this, I just hope the 2nd outing will be better that's all.

Graham

This is a great photo Zepp-4-Life. Thank you for posting it. Alison is wearing the same beautiful dress she wore at Wembley Arena last year. I love Raising Sand and can't wait to hear the new CD. Does a small tour mean the US only?

Small US tour ???

I wish I could be more precise in answering .

All I can say is that in conversation I asked about live shows and the answer was " a small tour with limited dates is expected , maybe 15 or so shows , nothing more".

Now I'm thinking about how long does it take to complete the new project and have it ready for public distribution. Obviously the tour would follow that, so , can summer dates be possible is the next question.

I'm sure that public knowledge will broaden now that the cast and crew are all in Nashville.

We await more news.

Can they complete the followup, have it mixed, mastered, ready with artwork and all by June 21st???

We'll see...

If they can, then maybe they can do 3 weeks or so of shows in the US (perhaps late July/early August)...

15 Dates:

(Well, they'd probably hit the biggest cities to cover the major general population of the US, but you never know)...

NYC/NJ

Los Angeles

San Francisco

San Diego

Seattle and/or Portland

Phoenix

Boston

Philadelphia

Chicago

St. Louis

Atlanta

Nashville

Raleigh and/or Charlotte, NC

Dallas/Ft. Worth

Houston

Tampa and/or Miami

R B)

Raising Sand is actually very soothing to listen to while you are navigating heavy traffic. It's perfect for those frazzled rush hour moments, unless you are the type who falls asleep behind the wheel. It would be too soporific for the less alert drivers.

Well, yeah, i can see it might be ok for a late night chillout, bottle of wine, curled up with a girlie, lol.....

It's an album that's been classed as Bluegrass by some charts in the US and Allison is a Bluegrass artist and a good one at that, but this collaboration just doesn't work for me.

None of these things have a damn thing to do with the fact that Raising Sand is not a bluegrass record. The charts don't mean shit and just because Alison is considered a "bluegrass" artist also doesn't mean a damn thing. Plant is classified as a "rock" artist and the album has also done well on the triple A charts (Adult Alternative), what does that have to do with the sound of Raising Sand? Not a fucking thing. They're all just meaningless labels. Raising Sand has it's own sound which isn't easily classified and why should it be?

None of these things have a damn thing to do with the fact that Raising Sand is not a bluegrass record. The charts don't mean shit and just because Alison is considered a "bluegrass" artist also doesn't mean a damn thing. Plant is classified as a "rock" artist and the album has also done well on the triple A charts (Adult Alternative), what does that have to do with the sound of Raising Sand? Not a fucking thing. They're all just meaningless labels. Raising Sand has it's own sound which isn't easily classified and why should it be?

Typical Yank hothead unable to express an opinion without bad language or anger

Typical Yank hothead unable to express an opinion without bad language or anger

And you're yet another clueless fuck on a board that's nearly full of them. So, you believe Raising Sand is a "bluegrass" record? If so, just how big of a fucking rock are you living under?

And you're yet another clueless fuck on a board that's nearly full of them. So, you believe Raising Sand is a "bluegrass" record? If so, just how big of a fucking rock are you living under?

Your reaction proves my point on on the anger issues, you're also unable to make a point without resorting to insults!!! I'll accept it's Americana which is a the minor point of my view I said it was bluegrass initially but never tried argue when it was suggested otherwise, I just make the point RS does nothing for me and hope the 2nd outing will be better that's all, It's nothing to get so stirred up about it's just a different opinion that's all.

Can they complete the followup, have it mixed, mastered, ready with artwork and all by June 21st???

We'll see...

If they can, then maybe they can do 3 weeks or so of shows in the US (perhaps late July/early August)...

15 Dates:

(Well, they'd probably hit the biggest cities to cover the major general population of the US, but you never know)...

NYC/NJ

Los Angeles

San Francisco

San Diego

Seattle and/or Portland

Phoenix

Boston

Philadelphia

Chicago

St. Louis

Atlanta

Nashville

Raleigh and/or Charlotte, NC

Dallas/Ft. Worth

Houston

Tampa and/or Miami

R B)

Last year I remember having tickets for one of the June 'Raising Sand' shows in my hand by February. If the small tour dates are being negotiated now, I would think something definite would have to be in place soon. But then again... who knows. It would make sense for them to hit the major U.S cities, but they may also play places where Raising Sand sold better whether it be a smaller city or major city. Then again this is all one big IF.

Your reaction proves my point on on the anger issues, you're also unable to make a point without resorting to insults!!!

Did you even read your own fucking post?

I'll accept it's Americana which is a the minor point of my view I said it was bluegrass initially but never tried argue when it was suggested otherwise, I just make the point RS does nothing for me and hope the 2nd outing will be better that's all, It's nothing to get so stirred up about it's just a different opinion that's all.

Define "Americana". It's just another catch all term like No Depression, Y'allternative, Insurgent Country, etc. that's never been clearly defined.

I have no problem with someone expressing an opinion especially if it's a well informed one but yours seems ill informed at best. It also comes across as saying that Plant/Krauss didn't make the record you wanted them to make which I read as being selfish. So, what if the next album is a continuation of Raising Sand stylistically? What type of record should they make that would meet your needs?

Did you even read your own fucking post?

Define "Americana". It's just another catch all term like No Depression, Y'allternative, Insurgent Country, etc. that's never been clearly defined.

I have no problem with someone expressing an opinion especially if it's a well informed one but yours seems ill informed at best. It also comes across as saying that Plant/Krauss didn't make the record you wanted them to make which I read as being selfish. So, what if the next album is a continuation of Raising Sand stylistically? What type of record should they make that would meet your needs?

I Just don't like all of it I find it boring, Just as I don't like all of his previous albums but think some are great, are you saying anyone that doesn't like every album Plant makes is selfish because that's a stupid argument, I may like the next album they do so anyone who likes that will be ok, but because they didn't like the first album they are still selfish, just the same as if someone likes Raising Sand but not the 2nd album have they gone from Ok to being selfish....I think not.

End of this argument for me with you, for which I'm sure you'll come up with some kind of insulting comment about because that's all someone like you knows how to do.

He never gives up my man. Just leave it go. I speak from experience. He loves a fight. And Plant should fucking wake up and join the band he belongs with. Led Zeppelin. And say bye bye to Hillbilly heaven.

mad0012.gif

He cain't do that ! He loves Jethro too much, and Ellie too.

I heard he wanted to tour with the Clampetts and call it JED ZEPPELIN. He's got my vote !

11j63vd.jpg

I am boycotting robert. IMO he should be doing the right thing. I'm one that sees him as selfish, not willing to do something that millions would love to happen. A small tour I wouldn't think would be a strain, i certainly wouldn't think that if he did it it would be like standing still and not moving forward with his career. That's just ridiculous.

He doesn't want to and obviously has his reasons. Maybe he wants to be a more rounded singer instead of just a rock and roll singer which is definitely what he is labelled as, until raising sand anyway. I can appreciate that lure but don't just walk away from jjj's and the fans.

It really makes me wonder how well raising sand would have sold if the reunion never happened. There is no question that it sold alot more because of the reunion and the hype about zeppelin. Maybe that's the only reason that we were strung along with the remarks at the Knick game, etc.

I will not buy raising sand 2 and I will not go to the show. Until Robert does the right thing I cannot contribute to his cause.

Raising Sand 2 will be what really tells. If it does phenomenal then it's really the music itself and not the hype. time will tell. If it flops then we will know.

I did enjoy the rs tour 1 until it turned to church music, but not one of the shows I saw was even close to sold out(including both at msg). You could buy a ticket outside for ten bucks to any of the shows.

This now reminds me of when michael jordan tried baseball. He was OK at it but when you're so damned good at something else you should really be doing that.

Enough said. I'm sure some will agree. :) and some won't :-)

I am boycotting robert. IMO he should be doing the right thing. I'm one that sees him as selfish, not willing to do something that millions would love to happen. A small tour I wouldn't think would be a strain, i certainly wouldn't think that if he did it it would be like standing still and not moving forward with his career. That's just ridiculous.

He doesn't want to and obviously has his reasons. Maybe he wants to be a more rounded singer instead of just a rock and roll singer which is definitely what he is labelled as, until raising sand anyway. I can appreciate that lure but don't just walk away from jjj's and the fans.

It really makes me wonder how well raising sand would have sold if the reunion never happened. There is no question that it sold alot more because of the reunion and the hype about zeppelin. Maybe that's the only reason that we were strung along with the remarks at the Knick game, etc.

I will not buy raising sand 2 and I will not go to the show. Until Robert does the right thing I cannot contribute to his cause.

Raising Sand 2 will be what really tells. If it does phenomenal then it's really the music itself and not the hype. time will tell. If it flops then we will know.

I did enjoy the rs tour 1 until it turned to church music, but not one of the shows I saw was even close to sold out(including both at msg). You could buy a ticket outside for ten bucks to any of the shows.

This now reminds me of when michael jordan tried baseball. He was OK at it but when you're so damned good at something else you should really be doing that.

Enough said. I'm sure some will agree. :) and some won't :-)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He is doing the right thing....for HIM! It's not up to us to determine what's right or wrong for Robert. It's one thing to wish he were working with Jimmy but another to decide he's in the wrong because he's not doing what YOU want.

Why choose to boycott the record without even hearing it? Seems a bit silly IMO.

We'll see...

If I recall correctly, Raising Sand was recorded fairly quickly. But getting the whole package together, pre-promotion etc. is what takes some time.

quote name='ninelives' post='311964' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:48 PM']:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He is doing the right thing....for HIM! It's not up to us to determine what's right or wrong for Robert. It's one thing to wish he were working with Jimmy but another to decide he's in the wrong because he's not doing what YOU want.

Why choose to boycott the record without even hearing it? Seems a bit silly IMO.

quote name='ninelives' post='311964' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:48 PM']:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well I definitely feel it's alot more than just me. Alot of people want it to happen for many different reasons.

I don't see where walking away from this opportunity is right for him, but I'm sure he has reasons and it must feel right to him. Maybe he has mixed feeling, who knows?

He could do both this summer/fall. He's choosing not to do zep. I don't think it's because he's doing raising sand and doesn't have time. He's just choosing not to do it. Now. At a time where everyone is ready to go, and they even have jason.

it's because of that reason that I will boycott him. Regardless of how good the album is. it's not about what he's doing, it's about what he's not doing.

What kills me is that I can see the allure of playing a new style of music with an extremely talented group of individuals with a beautiful blond to tour with instead of ugly old jimmy. to get emmy's when that would never happen with zep and to broaden his horizons like even zep can't do at this point in his life. But to just walk away from even just a few shows. That's what I can't understand and never will. I'm sure I'll get over it.

He could but he doesn't want to and I respect that. Yes it would be great to see them together again but only if they all felt it was right, not because I want to. I'm happy to see them out there playing. I desperately want Jimmy to get back on stage where he so belongs but if he feels he doesn't want to, I also respect that and cherish the music he has blessed us with.

As an aside - it's Grammy's not Emmys they're up for :)

:hysterical: Omg, you guys, this is a classic. I just printed a copy of the pic and the replies and pinned it up on the board next to my computer. Thanks for the best laugh that I've had in a long time.

You should have waited so that you could have included the next post. I'm sure Robert's quaking in his snakeskin boots at the thought of a boycott. :rolleyes:

And btw I would be very surprised if the next RS album DOES sell as well as the first one, not having the novelty value etc. on its side. If it sells solidly, however, as I expect it to, that in itself proves the quality of the music.

You should have waited so that you could have included the next post. I'm sure Robert's quaking in his snakeskin boots at the thought of a boycott. :rolleyes:

As the it was printing, the next post popped up, so I wrote it on the bottom of the page. :)

I didn't take the posts and pic as mean-spirited, just all in good fun. I don't find meaness or whining about Robert funny.

Archived