Another announcement that Zeppelin aren't touring?

moffo

It's the same one but even MORE confusing, because it says "just a day after he defended" their decision to tour instead of "just a day after the BBC REPORTED his defence, which he actually made a year ago." Plus, it refers to the JP/JPJ/JB project as Led Zeppelin.

It's the same one but even MORE confusing, because it says "just a day after he defended" their decision to tour instead of "just a day after the BBC REPORTED his defence, which he actually made a year ago." Plus, it refers to the JP/JPJ/JB project as Led Zeppelin.

Confusion may be the healthy reaction here, because there are no hard facts or absolutely reliable sources to trust. As Mirea pointed out in the Jimmy's Manager Confirms Tour thread (p. 9) it feels odd to think that Mensch would have talked about possible new singers already in early 2008. I believe it is more likely that Mensch didn't tell those things to the BBC before late October 2008. Therefore it's not completely unlikely, that the BBC interview really may have been made in 04 January 2009, and their only mistake was to put the wrong date in their web article.

I hope BBC will clear the things up and tell us what's wrong with the "audition singers" statement.

The BBC doesn't seem eager to correct their mistake :slapface::wall: , and as far as I know (and I surely don't think I get everything right :lol: ) Jimmy Page announced in January 2008 that he wants to go on a tour but waits for Plant to finish his RS project first.

I would have thought in any case that it's the comments Mensch made the day before yesterday that are the important ones. Namely, whatever might have been happening regarding singers before, it's now over.

Well, who knows if one day he will come out and say "sorry dude I was having fever then and didn't know what I was saying". :wall:

I would have thought in any case that it's the comments Mensch made the day before yesterday that are the important ones. Namely, whatever might have been happening regarding singers before, it's now over.

Yes, if the Musicradar interview is genuine and Mensch was telling the truth that he hasn't spoken to BBC in months.

just cause zeppelin is over does not mean the Three J's are...

"They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," says Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."

"They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," says Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."

They won't unless someone like Jimmy or JPJ confirms this themselves. And, especially with conflicting information in the reports and people aren't sure what to believe. They just want the accurate information. The truth!

The way the Daily Star article is written - i.e., question marks used instead of inverted commas where words are contracted (for example can?t), and question marks used when questions are not being asked - I can only assume that this comic is not in full possesion of the facts, and the article written by a child.

RB

I thought Mensch had acknowledged that he did say this?

(Otherwise he'd surely be issuing denials, given all the commotion it's caused.)

I thought Mensch had acknowledged that he did say this?

(Otherwise he'd surely be issuing denials, given all the commotion it's caused.)

I think we can take it as read that they are genuine quotes from Mensch. Music Radar published the interview - I'm sure arses would have been kicked by now if they made it up. And at least it was good to get a genuine quote from someone from within the inner circle rather than the usual 'a source close to the band' which usually means anything but that!

listening to wzlx on the way back from work this friday night, 1/10/09, and after a solid set of led had played kenny young, radio announcer, speaks of jimmy's manager confirming the fact that no replacement singer has been found for robert and that no tours or concerts have been planned. jimmy's manager also mentioned that "If you did not see Led Zeppelin at the 2007 reunion concert, then you will never see them again." this was a very upsetting statement to hear in quotes and i really do hope that jimmy thinks differently then his manager. i love led zeppelin, and i love every member of the group, but if the 07 concert is all its ever going to be then its a serious let down. in my opinion someone needs to tell robert to wake up and do something for millions of fans that did not get to see the 07 concert. ROBERT! WAKE UP!

I think we're pretty much all bummed around here but I will keep a bit of hope regardless of what anyone says unless there is a national press conference all over the tv with Jimmy and Robert saying hell no. Otherwise, it's all hearsay to me. Heck, even if that happened I might still be in disbelief! :D I want to see them so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think we're pretty much all bummed around here but I will keep a bit of hope regardless of what anyone says unless there is a national press conference all over the tv with Jimmy and Robert saying hell no. Otherwise, it's all hearsay to me. Heck, even if that happened I might still be in disbelief! :D I want to see them so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I don't think we'll ever see them hold a press conference - Robert has already issued a statement and so has Jimmy's manager. Seems pretty official to me.

i love led zeppelin, and i love every member of the group, but if the 07 concert is all its ever going to be then its a serious let down. in my opinion someone needs to tell robert to wake up and do something for millions of fans that did not get to see the 07 concert. ROBERT! WAKE UP!

A serious let down?

Led Zeppelin did something for the millions of their fans during 1968-1980 when they were an on-going concern. They no longer are. Get over it.

i love led zeppelin, and i love every member of the group, but if the 07 concert is all its ever going to be then its a serious let down. in my opinion someone needs to tell robert to wake up and do something for millions of fans that did not get to see the 07 concert. ROBERT! WAKE UP!

BUt there's the problem.....they could tour for a few yaers and STILL there would be people who dont get to see them...They'll NEVER satisfy the demand, there will always be people wanting more.

BUt there's the problem.....they could tour for a few yaers and STILL there would be people who dont get to see them...They'll NEVER satisfy the demand, there will always be people wanting more.

True - they gave us the 02 concert last year which was amazing and prior to that, people kept saying "oh if they would only do ONE concert it would be enough". They did and people are still complaining.

They gave us more than we could ever ask for. I don't need them to reunite (as amazing as it would be to see). I'd just like to see them continue to make music in some form.

True - they gave us the 02 concert last year which was amazing and prior to that, people kept saying "oh if they would only do ONE concert it would be enough". They did and people are still complaining.

They gave us more than we could ever ask for. I don't need them to reunite (as amazing as it would be to see). I'd just like to see them continue to make music in some form.

So true!

And as much I want to see them out there and make music, I'll still be happy if they want to have their peace and enjoy their life, I wish them nothing but health and happiness.

Archived