Are Page and Jones retiring?

tatamata

After great reunion show, they tried to stay together trying several singers. It did not work. We got last new maerial from Jimmy 11 years ago and from Jonesy 8 years ago. They had great chance with Jason to form new band and present some new maerial. Unfortunately, we will never get chance to hear that. Do you think they are retiring or we will see them together or separate with some new serious project playing tour with two hours shows?

Nah.

I thought Jimmy was pretty busy in 2008. I hoped for alot more to be released however:

He did the movie which must have been time-consuming.

He did the foo thing.

he did the olympics.

I'm hoping that he's working on the 02 dvd, and/or some other past release.

And at the same time he's rehearsing with potential new singers.

Was seen at several shows checking out other singers.

Jason says he's working on new material, I'm sure jp and jpj are overseeing.

and ready in a hearbeat if robert says go.

I know Jonesey was at Bonnaroo, the foo gig, the bass guitar convention where he made the statement and is planning nyc in april and i'm sure(or should i say i hope)other stuff we don't even know about.

I can only hope I'm that active when I'm their age.

What classifies a retirement?

idk but pagey is always working.. esp on his baby led zeppelin.... i mean the way he crafted the dvd and added things to it must have taken forever and how he produces everything he is such a hardworker..not to mention evthing the man puts his mind on he works his ass off. i cant see him "retiring" .. maybe in terms of playing guitar (i pray not) but maybe he will focus on releasing zeppelin things and producing them who knows though

What classifies a retirement?

Not touring or releasing any new albums classifies either or both of them as retired as active musicians. Showing up at odd gigs as a guest, showing up at awards ceremonies, doing interviews for the guitar mags, that stuff doesn't count. They spent the last year doing "busywork" waiting for Robert. Now they have to get off the couch and do something otherwise people have every right to call them de facto retired.

Not touring or releasing any new albums classifies either or both of them as retired as active musicians. Showing up at odd gigs as a guest, showing up at awards ceremonies, doing interviews for the guitar mags, that stuff doesn't count. They spent the last year doing "busywork" waiting for Robert. Now they have to get off the couch and do something otherwise people have every right to call them de facto retired.

Again? :slapface:

No they didn't. Robert made it very clear to them as long ago as August that he would NOT be involved in their new project - if they hadn't understood the "one-off reunion" thing prior to that.

Again? :slapface:

No they didn't. Robert made it very clear to them as long ago as August that he would NOT be involved in their new project - if they hadn't understood the "one-off reunion" thing prior to that.

That kind of statement indicates there was some belief on Jimmy and JPJ's part that there was a potential inclusion of Robert to sing at some point.

Were they just blindly hoping? It seems strange that he had to remind them he wasn't onboard.

That kind of statement indicates there was some belief on Jimmy and JPJ's part that there was a potential inclusion of Robert to sing at some point.

Were they just blindly hoping? It seems strange that he had to remind them he wasn't onboard.

No - they asked him, he said no thanks.

No - they asked him, he said no thanks.

It was just that simple? Right from jump street? A no thanks? Nothing else discussed or agreed too? A possible? A maybe? A lemme think about it, and get back to you? Nada? Just no thanks?

Hmmz...

It was just that simple? Right from jump street? A no thanks? Nothing else discussed or agreed too? A possible? A maybe? A lemme think about it, and get back to you? Nada? Just no thanks?

Hmmz...

I think the phone conversations would have had more than just 'no thanks'. It probably started with 'Hi,' and ended in 'seeya'.

Hmmz...

It was always pretty simple. PM on way.

Hmmz...

According to what I've read, when Jimmy Page promoted Mothership in early 2008, he talked about hoping to record and tour some more, but added he would wait until Septembember 2008 when Plant might have been free to work with them again. There may have been many months of talks and negotiations before Robert said the final no and the others started to work on their plan 2.

According to what I've read, when Jimmy Page promoted Mothership in early 2008, he talked about hoping to record and tour some more, but added he would wait until Septembember 2008 when Plant might have been free to work with them again. There may have been many months of talks and negotiations before Robert said the final no and the others started to work on their plan 2.

There weren't "many months of talks and negotiations", honest.

There weren't "many months of talks and negotiations", honest.

How do we know? I don't believe Robert ever considered goin on a world tour with LZ, but there could have been negotiations of a few concerts and possibly even recording.

How do we know? I don't believe Robert ever considered goin on a world tour with LZ, but there could have been negotiations of a few concerts and possibly even recording.

I know there weren't, and its absolutely fine if you don't believe me but I know that many people who read this will, so at least I'm answering the points/suggestions made for some.

This was more what I thought as well aside from the recording part. I thought there was just going to be the O2 gig but maybe after the overwhelming response to the show itself and great demand for tix they may have considered a few more tribute shows in the US. Maybe emotions were running high right after the show with all the members and maybe things were said in the heat of the moment or misconstrued. Who knows. Only the four of them really know and it doesn't matter now anyway.

I still don't think we've seen the last of them in some capacity.(i.e guest spots on each other's records, showing up on stage here and there, another tribute show.)

I never got the impression there was anything happening beyond that one show. It seemed pretty clear to me but perhaps it's that I never expected there to be. I'm still floored we got that one fantastic show even if I didn't get to experience it.

I never got the impression there was anything happening beyond that one show. It seemed pretty clear to me but perhaps it's that I never expected there to be. I'm still floored we got that one fantastic show even if I didn't get to experience it.

I think my memory failed me when I said Jimmy talked about recording already in the early 2008 (apologies), but apparently he did talk about wanting to tour with the Zeppelin guys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/28/l...wa_n_83534.html

I think my memory failed me when I said Jimmy talked about recording already in the early 2008 (apologies), but apparently he did talk about wanting to tour with the Zeppelin guys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/28/l...wa_n_83534.html

Jimmy expressing his desire to take the band on the road isn't quite the same as making a statement it would happen though.

Jimmy expressing his desire to take the band on the road isn't quite the same as making a statement it would happen though.

Agree, but IMO it suggests there may have been some kind of negotiations going on at the time.

Archived